5.0 out of 5 stars Kids learn the easy way to draw, without the tears!
These books are the greatest. I own all of the Emberly books. They are fun for adults and kids alike. You are never too old or young to learn to draw. This book will make you the most hip doodler in school or at work. Ed makes it really easy!
Published on March 11, 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for older children
Our 5 y.o. grand-daughter loves to draw so I thought she would love this book. She enjoyed the first page or two, but found it getting harder and lost interest. I'll wait a while to bring it out again.
Published on August 4, 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids learn the easy way to draw, without the tears!, March 11, 2002
By A Customer
This book is from a series of 4 books from Emberly are the easiest books on drawing there are, period. Anyone young or old can learn to draw some great critters and vehicles from these books. ANYONE! All of his Big Color books are great, (They are a series, each named after a color). This one is famous for the easy way it shows you how to draw step by step a great big green dragon, but it is simple when you do it his way. This book includes a number of fun ideas including Frankenstein, sailboat and trees. He even shows you how to make yours unique rather than a copy of his drawings. You can be the doodle hero of your classroom or office after using this book. He does it simply using very simple steps, lines, and basic shapes to start you off. My favorite in the series would be the Purple Book, but they are all good.
If you want to move up from here and learn the terminology of what you are doing, and really become an accomplished artist, the next step after these are the terrific books by "Jack Hamm". If you just want to have some fun, get this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars From sixth-grade to adulthood - the cartoons continue to flow., July 25, 2005
Way back in the 80's I used to grab this book from our small, quaint library at Steeple Valley Middle School. I renewed the book frequently and would have a mild heart attack when it wasn't available in the library for me to check out.

Edward Emberley, among other artists, put me on the course to my semi-successful cartooning career. In hopes of passing on the cartooning torch, I'm purchasing these books for my two nieces so they can continue to create vast worlds and numerous creatures on a simple notebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love this series, June 15, 1998
By A Customer
My students love these books. The drawings are simple and easy to follow. Teachers will find it easy to use this book for short directed drawing lessons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to spend a rainy afternoon, May 3, 2004
I spent hours creating entire worlds based on these books. They are a wonderful introduction to basic drawing skills and are FUN!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like I grew up with., August 4, 2008
I grew up in the 70's and my parents encouraged my love of drawing by getting me several of Ed Emberly's books. They contain easy step-by-step instructions using basic shapes to create worlds of characters, animals, vehicles, monsters, etc.
Now I'm able to get those same books I cherished as a child for my own 6-year old. He's spent hours drawing and his love of drawing continues to grow.
Mr. Emberley's style helps anyone learn to draw. If your child shows an interest in drawing I would highly recommend this or any other of his books.
We actually purchased several, including his fingerprint and thumbprint books along with some washable stamp pads so you can combine finger painting with drawing.

5.0 out of 5 stars great books for budding artist, October 5, 2012
This review is from: Ed Emberley's Big Green Drawing Book (Ed Emberley's Big Series) (Paperback)
These books are great for kids, my boys checked them out from school last year and spent a whole week drawing these wonderful pictures, even the 5 year old, you could see the story he was telling in the picture. They love all of these books. Each picture is drawn step by step. Really great books. Love the Dragons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, January 9, 2011
My son loves this book. It is so easy to follow and he spends hours drawing and creates so many fun scenes. These books by Ed are the best ever. I am so glad his Art teacher at school had these in her classroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ed Emgerley's Big Green Drawing Book, December 24, 2010
Karlee Hansen (Santa Rosa, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is in our Homeschool program...it is wonderful! To teach your children (or yourself) how to draw step by step you can't miss!

5.0 out of 5 stars I swear to god I thought I reviewed this product., November 25, 2009
So this book is the bomb yo. Seriously it has changed my life. The book teaches you how to draw with simple lines in easy steps. I go out and sit at a bar and doodle on napkins and I make new friends who are impressed with my talent. My wife is jealous of all the ladies. Not really, I actually used this book as a child to build my skills, now I am a decent artist, but I still doodle things from this book all the time. One of my favorite books in second grade-about fifth grade. I prefer the hard back, but the soft back is the same thing. I never had any of the other books, so to me this one is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners - kids or adults, February 1, 2010
I bought this book for my daughter who wants to learn how to draw more things, but I also love it. It's great for doodling little pictures on the notes I leave her. And we have fun together drawing all kinds of pictures. Great book for kids or anyone who wants to learn to draw in such an easy way. Highly recommend !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Ed Emberley's Big Green Drawing Book (Ed Emberley's Big Series)
Ed Emberley's Big Green Drawing Book (Ed Emberley's Big Series) by Ed Emberley (Paperback - October 5, 2005)
$10.99 $9.89