"All parents should be assigned this book the day their baby is born. Embracing Defiance gives you the tools and support you need to make it through all the joys--and challenges--of childrearing with your sanity intact!"
Alicia Coleman, Mom & Mentor
"It serves as a guide to navigate the sometimes stormy, complicated seas of the teenage years. Her voice is unique and will help us to remain calm, compassionate, and sane no matter where we are on life's path or stage of growth."
Barbara Findeisen, MA
From the Back Cover
- Give your child confidence to handle any situation, including peer-pressure (page 76-77)
- Read your child's subtle behavior clues (page 52, 74)
- Become less reactive to your child's extreme levels of drama by understanding your own triggers (page 53, 56)
- Gain communication tools that will help you listen so your child feels heard (page 56)
- Create a safe environment and build trust between you and your child (page 61)
- Give your child permission to feel any emotion that arises, and express them authentically(page 58)
- Have greater clarity, increased confidence, and an alternative perspective to your current parenting style (page 72)