Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Embroidery Magic 2 Embroidery Machine Software Digitize
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 15, 2011
I will start by saying I recieved a Babylock Ellure sewing/embroidery machine for christmas of 2010. We immediately realized we would need a software program to maximize the possibilities of my machine. In looking for a program we saw how expensive software programs are. wow. We found Embroidery magic 2 and read some reviews that said it doesn't come with a manual but is realtively easy to use. The truth is it does not come with a manual and some buttons are easy to use but the digitizing aspect of it is alittle more difficult. I went to some classes given by the place I got my machine and they went over all the software programs they sell. This showed me that Embroidery Magic 2 has all the same features that the expensive programs do! The trouble is the names of the actions are alittle different. Long story short. Once you know the program and have made up several designs it is super easy and is very comparable to the more expensive programs. I purchased the Pantograms Type Library 1 and got 75 fonts that just installed directly to the program very easily. I am new to embroidering and sewing. My husband is computer savy so he helps me but now 8-9 months after purchasing this program we are very happy with it and don't plan to "upgrade" to something else unless we find something necessary that we cannot do. I have windows 7 and it works perfectly. I gave 4 stars only because it takes time to learn the program. Otherwise 5 out of 5!
55 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2011
Like many others, I just wanted to take any of my images and digitize them to threads. It's achievable with this crazy software but you must know some things. Otherwise you'll be spending a week or two like I did making worthless patterns that the embroidery machine (I have a pe700 with the cardreader) won't recognize. I consider myself very tech savvy in my own world, and conquering this beast I thought would be no problem. Hah.

Just having this software is NOT enough to get the designs to your brother machine. I needed to also download Tajima Ambassador so that it could convert the DST files that EM2 makes to PES files that the brother understands. Thats not a big deal to me, but for some, it might be a curve ball they weren't expecting.

Once the design is saved in a PES file thru Tajima, then you must fire up your PED / cardreader and only to find that it cannot even see your design. After a few of these failings, you'll feel like you been run thru the ringer. When digitizing images to threads, some things I found out thru trial and error were that the design in EM2 must be CENTERED first. I think this enables the EM2 to know where the first and last stitch is. You won't find this in any tutorial either. You'll spend weeks to figure this out. Also the brother PED software just recognizes 4x4 designs. I've made designs that were 3.5x3 and still the PED won't recognize them until I scale them down further. Yes, you will be scaling down until the PED recognizes it.

It's really quite sucky when you spent an hour or more on a design only to find out the PED can't recognize it.

I give this crap 3 stars because of the lack of information telling me to CENTER my designs, causing me to spend 2 weeks to figure out that mess. I've done some cool designs and made a lot of people happy so for 99$ you get what you pay for.

Hopefully this review will help some folks that were in the same boat as I was .....
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
I love this product. After having bought some embroidery patterns for about $1 to $15, I wanted to create my own and save money. This product is fantastic! I was able to create my own design and sew it out on my Brother SE400. They also have a great support group in Yahoo to give advice and resolve issues. I also bought 2 tutorials dvds from [...] for the basic and advance digitizing to help me get started. I found it more useful than the John Deer book on Digitizing. I am also able to add lettering to premade designs, or add lettering later to the ones I created. Remember to save your design in .PPL format and then the .DST so that you can go back and edit your design. It also comes with a database to store information and organize your library which is very useful. I would highly recommend this product. I was able to run it under both Windows 7 and Windows 8. With the extra video tutorial, it made learning to use the program so easy!
on December 29, 2010
I purchased this product through amazon.com but it was sent from C&C Sales NY, Inc. It is a digitizing software program for embroidery. I researched instructional videos on line and this seemed very user friendly so I went with it. However, it is not compatable with Vista!!! Today I called 800-872-1555 X 211 which is Creative Series for Pantogram software. I was told it will not work with Vista and there will never be a patch for it. I was further told to contact the distributer I purchased from for refund or download Windows 7 for an additional Embroidery Magic 2 Embroidery Machine Software Digitize$119.00. Amazon can not help me since it was third party and I have had great difficulty contacting C&C. First phone call to them from the Virgin Islands claimed to not know anything and not be related to them in any part (even though their name is C&C Sales). Further research on line seems unlikely that I will ever be able to return this product. I am not opposed to updating to Windows 7 if guaranteed it will work but we all know how that is. My PC is two to three years old and may not be able to run Windows 7 and if it can, there is no guarantee that Embroidery Magic 2 will work. Not sure if I should throw good money after bad. Will keep you informed.

12/30/10 Update: I have been contacted by C&C Sales NY, Inc. and offered a refund. Let me start with I really, really want this software. However, Windows 7 software will not ship to the U.S.V.I. and my internet connection will time out way before downloading this. I have been all over the Internet looking for support because, again, I really want this software. I have studied all on line videos and am set to go. Unfortunately, it does not look like this is meant for me. I am now thinking PE Design Lite since my embroidery machine is Brother and this looks like it should work. More expensive. I want to thank Amazon and C&C. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry I can not rate the software since I can't use it but the videos look very promising if you have the appropriate operating system for it. The service from C&C will be rated five stars if all goes smoothly. Will update.
66 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2012
I love this software. I was in search for inexpensive editing/digitizing stand alone software. I own Singer Futura, but not crazy about the whole thing and didn't want to spend digitizing software which only works with the machine. I really needed an independent software that I could use in case I get a different embroidery machine. In three days of try and error(total of 4-5 hours), plus Yahoo Group help(I couldn't have done it without it), I created a nice teddy bear design. But I think you need the understanding of the design concept before you use this. Without manual, the help function on the software itself wouldn't get you anywhere. Basically it doesn't tell you what you need to do to create a design. The help shows you each button is for.

You can buy some tutorial dvd/video, but I created without that. But I read John Deer's book for digitizing to understand about underlay and so forth.

I really wanted to edit the designs Futura's auto digitized design, but I think it could be better to digitize manually from a scratch. When YOU digitize (not the machine), I found that the design is so much better. So much better than the purchased designs.

For your info, you can only save as DST desgin format to stitch out, also it uses PPL format for digitizing phase which you can edit fully. In any other stitchable format, you can open the design to edit, but many function wouldn't work. You can still edit stitch by stitch because you can see the all stitch points, and add/delete/grab and drag. For some people it's a hassle, but I use so many formats, and convert them with Futura, and it never bothered me.

Another thing is that you cannot make a hole area digitized, so I guess some applique design is not possible. Well for me I don't do much of applique, so I'm ok with it.

I tried Embird trial, and some free softwares, I believe this is the best software. If you have more money, you should go with Fancyworks, which has more fills and applique function. Embird is much more complicated for me.
on March 8, 2013
I would never recommend this software to anyone. I believe it was written in 2003, so it is almost 10 years old. It doesn't do anything useful that I have found. I am using free software and trial software to do the job I purchased this to do. Big waste of money.
on January 30, 2013
THIS SOFTWARE WORKS WITH WINDOWS VISTA JUST FINE, I asked the suppler first befor ordering.

For the price this has to be the best editing and Digitizing software on the market,there is no manual but there is more the one way to skin a cat.
Printed all of the HELP files on the Magic 2 software that has give me the start of a manual.

Looked many time at all of the video clips on how to do things, I have not brought the DVD's that are for sale about how to use the software.
The cutting and pasting of existing embroidery patterns, adding text and re sizing are just like using Microsoft publisher .

What I do is look at how the embroidering pattens are beinning stiched on the emdroiderey machine then try to copie that in the 'Magic 2' sofware(so far so good)

You will need to buy at lest 'Embroidery type library volume one' (they are plug in fonts) there are only 5 fonts with the software.

You will have to down load a free progaim to covert to your machine format (I use WILCOM TRUE SIZE free down load)

If you buy this software it will take just as much time as the $1500.00 software to master.

That all for now will up date in a few weeks
on September 21, 2013
After buying other people's designs because the digitizing program for my machine was in the thousands, I stumbled upon this product, and decided to give it a try. I have to say...WOW!!! I feel like I am finally let out of my cage. It took approximately 24 hours to go through the help manual and all of the buttons, another 24 to set down some test samples and stitch them out to get use to what the product can do (and what it can't), and by the third day, I was up and running. Even though it is not top of the line, and there are still things I can't do, I absolutely love the possibilities of what I CAN do with this product. The down side is that it is not real easy to maneuver around already digitized designs, but that probably has a lot more to do with the original design rather than the embroidery magic 2 program. Of course, my new designs are not perfect, yet, but by the end of the month, I should have designs better than the ones I was purchasing, and they'll be all mine. I gave it only a 4 out of 5 stars because the online help was not there as mentioned in the shipping paper, and the help manual was basic (not much details), and I had to give it some trial and error to figure out what was meant in the instructions, but for the price, I have plenty of time to work out the bugs.
on November 26, 2013
I like the price, and I can make it work. I bought it knowing it is a decade old program and would have some setbacks. Being a graphic designer I am always looking for more tools and ease but it has it's limitations in some areas but surprisingly has options I thought it wouldn't have come with. There are tutorials you can get from "Aunty M's" [...] which has tutorial videos. I wish it worked with Adobe Illustrator somehow. I cannot buy the real expensive programs right now so it works alright and does the job.

It is stable on Windows 7 and I have used it quite a bit. I just use Wilcom true sizer to convert the file to .pes which I use. The free software available I have found online is incredibly unstable. The free trials are short-term and more complicated to learn on.

Embroidery Magic 2 makes you use the program cd in the cd drive but I get around that by copying it to my computer, and using "Daemon Tools Lite" free license to run Embroidery Magic from the hard drive. If you are not computer savy this may be too confusing and it would be easier to just pop the cd in the drive when you use the program.
on June 29, 2013
This product is awesome! It allows me to do so much more with my embroidery designs. I can re-size my design and font and see how it will look before actually sewing it out. I can change the colors on the screen until I achieve the look I want. It opens up a whole new world in embroidery! This program does much more than I even realized before ordering.