From the Back Cover
Electrical Engineering EMC and the Printed Circuit Board Design, Theory, and Layout Made Simple Mark I. Montrose, author of the best-selling book Printed Circuit Board Design Techniques for EMC Compliance, now brings you his newest book, EMC and the Printed Circuit Board: Design, Theory, and Layout Made Simple. This reference text shows how and why RF energy is created within a printed circuit board, and the manner in which propagation occurs. With thorough explanations, this book enables engineers to grasp both the fundamentals of EMC theory and signal integrity, along with the mitigation process needed to prevent an EMC event while maintaining optimal functionality for low - and high-technology products. Mr. Montrose also shows the relationship between time and frequency domains, helping one meet mandatory compliance requirements. Using real-world examples, this book features:
* Fundamental theory on how printed circuit boards function in both the time and frequency domains
* Clear discussions, without complex mathematical analysis of flux minimization concepts
* Detailed examination of the hidden characteristics of components
* Extensive analysis of capacitor usage and selection for various applications
* Various grounding methodologies, including implementation techniques
* An in-depth study of transmission line theory
* A thorough look at signal integrity, crosstalk, and termination
About the Author
About the Author...
Mark I. Montrose is principal consultant of Montrose Compliance Services, Inc., a full-service regulatory compliacne firm specializing in electromagnetic compatibility and product safety. His work experience includes the design, test, and certification of information technology, along with industrial, scientific, and medical equipment. His background includes systems design and product, manufacturing, and component engineering.
Mr. Montrose is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and a member of the Board of Directors of the IEEE EMC Society. In addition, he is a member of TC-8, the Product Safety Technical Committee of the IEEE EMC Society and dB Society. Mr. Montrose also provides accredited PCB design and layout seminars to corporate clients worldwide and is the author of Printed Circuit Board Design Techniques for EMC Compliance (IEEE Press, 1996).