Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds, Dark Chocolate, 10 oz Canister (Pack of 4)
There is a newer version of this item:
- Pack of 4, 10-ounces (total of 40 ounces)
- Hint of dark chocolate flavored cocoa powder
- Excellent source of Vitamin E
- FDA daily recommendation for heart health
- Pack of 4, 10 ounce containers.
- Dark chocolate goodness that won't stick to your fingers
- Ergonomic, lightweight, unbreakable container fits easily in cup holders and backpacks
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
|New Resealable Bags||100 Calorie Packs||Trail Mix||Breakfast on the go!|
|Discover your favorite||The Nutologists at Emerald are working tirelessly to bring you the tastiest breakthroughs in the realm of nut experience. Grab a bag and let’s hang out!||Fuel your on-the-go lifestyle with a 100 Calorie pack of your favorite nuts. This tasty and convenient snack will provide you with the energy you need to successfully take on the day.||A delicious blend of fruit, nuts, and chunks of granola. Fuel your hike and get to the top with our great-tasting nut mixes – pure pleasure for your taste buds.||Top off yogurt, spice up cereal, or eat it straight from the pack, Breakfast On The Go features crunchy granola, delicious nuts, and other tasty treats and is a great source of natural energy. The perfect way to start your day!|
Dry Roasted Almonds, Modified Food Starch (Potato), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose. Contains Almonds. Allergy Information: This Product Is Processed On Equipment That Also Processes Other Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soy, Milk and Sesame Seeds. May Contain Other Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soy, Milk and Sesame Seeds.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Five individuals ranging in age from 2 to 50 tried these together and shared feedback. A few common threads emerged.
1. Chocolate doesn't come off on your hands: Very convenient as there is almost no residue left on hands even after holding a handful of nuts for a minute.
2. Very subtle chocolate flavor: For some this is a plus and for some this is a negative. You know the chocolate is there, but in my opinion it just leave you wanting more chocolate. I couldn't eat more than 10 or so for that reason. They were just plain frustrating. This was the consensus of 4 out of the 5 taste testers. The fifth loved them and plans on finishing off my canister and probably ordering more. They are definitely not milk chocolately, but have barely discernible, subtle dark chocolate undertones.
3. Dry: We all needed to drink water immediately after tasting the nuts as they dried our mouths out, much more than normal salted or roasted almost or any other nut for that matter. Three of us described them as tasting "burnt" or "too roasted".
4. We keep eating them: Even though I'm not crazy about these nuts - in fact only one of us was - we keep coming back for more about every hour or so. I get frustrated every time I do, either wanting a chocolate bar or just some plain old chocolate. Perhaps this is a good trait in a snack, that you can't keep eating them ad nauseum.
The 11 oz ergonomically comfortable container is about 8 inches tall and fits perfectly in your hand or in the cup holder of the car. The lid is screw-on rather than flip-top.Read more ›
Well, if that's the case, than these Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds will alleviate those cravings while providing a healthy snack chock full of protein and healthy fats.
I only ate 5 of these almonds and was completely satisfied. The cocoa has a subtle, yet tasty, chocolaty flavor and the almonds tasted fresh.
My son, though, really enjoys these nuts and eats 'em by the handful. This is a good product I'd completely recommend.
The reason I gave them only 2 stars is because they fail to disclose on the front label that they contain not only one but two artificial sweeteners. This annoys me because 1) artificial sweeteners bother my stomach and 2) many people don't want to eat artificial sweeteners or give them to their kids. It irks me when manufacturers try to pawn their wares as a "healthy" snack yet omit the fact that they contain artificial sweeteners or ingredients.
One used to be able to spot artificial sweeteners easily by "sugar free" or "NutraSweet" clearly printed on the label but for some reason, the FSA allows products to contain sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) without any clear labeling at all. You must read the ingredients to learn these nuts contain both sucralose and acesulfame potassium, two artificial sweeteners. Shame on you Emerald!
The nutritional value of almonds is well documented. Some time ago I read an article in a Sunday paper magazines about the health benefits of almonds and have since been eating a daily handful of these tasty, nutritious nuts. Examine the label of any almond product and you'll see that almonds are good sources of Vitamin E, riboflavin, thiamin, niacin and folate. Munch some almonds, and you'll also get a bit of calcium, magnesium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc. Like other nuts, almonds are calorie intense and must be eaten in moderation. After all, too much of a good thing can result in negative consequences.
Do some study and you'll see that almonds are almost universally touted for their health benefits. The antioxidants in almonds are said to help in preventing the aging process, lowering the risk of gallstones, lowering blood pressure and lessening the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. No, munching a daily mouthful of almonds won't guarantee longevity or good health, but it's certainly a step in the right direction and most certainly is more beneficial than a mouthful of sugar-laden candy. I like that almonds are good for me and that they help me maintain my chiseled physique, but mostly I eat these crunchy wonders because they are so delicious and satisfying.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
bought this by accident instead of blue diamond brand. When I tasted them they had a strange taste, like chemical taste to me. I immediately got a headache upon eating 3 almonds. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Mary
I purchased Emerald Dry Roasted Almonds because I was looking for a healthy snack alternative to bring to work. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Margaret Dalley
Is it about 3:00 pm, and is your blood sugar and energy low? Are you terrified that Robert Goulet is going to show up and mess with your stuff? Read morePublished 20 months ago by The Reviewer Formerly Known as Kurt Johnson
These are really delicious. Not overly sweet. Very good for healthy snacking. They are a bit pricey but really good.Published 20 months ago by Denise
I was disappointed; the nuts seemed old or stale. I doubt I will order these again. Not the quality I was expecting from Emerald.Published 22 months ago by Janice L. Ouellette