5.0 out of 5 stars An "Out There" Fantasy Pinkalicious Story that My Kids Love!
Published 17 months ago by Dre

2.0 out of 5 stars Contrived
I am a fan of all of the Pinkalicious books EXCEPT this one.

The story does not flow; it is choppy and too contrived. There seemed to be so much effort putting the environmental spin on it, that it destroyed the story. There was a great deal of potential but Emeraldalicious fell flat.
Published 16 months ago by Tara

2.0 out of 5 stars Contrived, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) (Hardcover)
I am a fan of all of the Pinkalicious books EXCEPT this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite Pinkalicious book, December 19, 2013
This review is from: Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) (Hardcover)
My whole family likes the Pinkalicious series of books but this one is probably my least favorite. The story is just weird- basically Pinkalicious and Peter play in trash and have a magic wand that makes things out of the trash and grants their wishes. My daughter likes it well enough but it's just an odd storyline to me. It's somewhat different from the rest of the Pinkalicious books (not in a good way). In hindsight, I would pass on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars An "Out There" Fantasy Pinkalicious Story that My Kids Love!, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) (Hardcover)
We received our pre-order copy of Emeraldalicious yesterday and it is a nice book with a lot of imagination. It is a beautiful Hardcover book with a quality dust jacket and great artwork on heavy paper. The best part about the story is that it is very positive throughout. Some of the Pinkalicious books have had some negativity to them where there was a dislike for pink from some mean girl types that Pinkalicous ran into that didn't really make for a fun read. Not in this story.

Early in the book, while walking through the woods, Pinkalicous breaks her wand. Instead of getting upset about it, she quickly makes a new one out of a sticks and flowers with the help of her little brother. This new magic wand becomes the tool for a great new pretend adventure with her little brother when they come across lots of stinky trash thrown all over in the woods. This magic wand proceeds to make new, beautiful things out of the junk that had been strewn about, which teaches recycling and reuse in a kid friendly way. Pinkalicious and her little brother Peter work well together building a shiny new Emeraldalicious world. While this is a pure fantasy story and is a little more "out there" than some, it will exercise a child's imagination while emphasizing working through problems and finding solutions, recycling and reuse, teamwork, beautifying nature and pretend play that is great skill for kids to learn.

Long story short, the book has a positive and fun story with a happy ending and nice artwork. While it isn't my favorite Pinkalicous book, my girls like it. Recommended for your Pinkalicious Fan!

=========================

UPDATE (05/22/2013):
While this story may be a little on the crazy side and based almost totally in a fantasy world, my 6 year old insists it is one of her favorites. She wanted to read it to me and my youngest daughter the other night at bedtime story time. She really likes how Pinkalicious kept magically creating new things out of the trash. She was so excited to tell us what was going to happen next. It was great. My 3 year old was also very intrigued and she paid attention the whole time. So while parents may not like this story as much, the kids really love it... which is the most important part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pinkaliciuos, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) (Hardcover)
Very happy with this book. My four year old granddaughter loves this series, and this was a nice addition to her collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Books, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) (Hardcover)
The pictures and words used are just perfect for my daughter at First Grade. I would highly recomend these to any parent wanting their child to become eager towards reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have for all children!, September 2, 2013
Reviewed by Avery, age 9
This was such a fun book to add to my collection and now I hope to own all of the `licious books.

"Television, towel, and a tassel. I'm a prince who loves his castle. Please make me one without a hassle!"
This book is about a little girl who thinks she is a princess and has a very big imagination. Her brother and she are on a walk when she falls and breaks her tiara and wand. They make a new one out of flowers and vines. Suddenly the wand flies away. They stumble upon an area that is covered in garbage and a tree that is dying. With a little bit of magic, they turn the garbage into stuff that a princess would have, like a throne, and then with a wave of her wand, flowers started growing where it was clean. She uses the garbage to make other items for her brother and her.

This book was so colorful and the castle made out of garbage was excellent as you could see all of the different items used, like spoons and cups. If you haven't read this book before, don't wait any longer!
*This book was provided in exchange for an honest review*
*You can view the original review at San Francisco & Sacramento City Book Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Green really is the new pink!, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my niece for Easter as I have bought her all the other books in this series and she was thrilled with them all, I love the fact that with Earth day approaching Pinkalicious has gone green! So green really is the new pink!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in the series, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) (Hardcover)
I was rather disappointed by this book. The others in the series have very cohesive stories that my daughter LOVES! This one seemed to try to hard to have a lesson.

5.0 out of 5 stars A BIG hit with my daughter, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) (Hardcover)
These books are favorites of my daughters, and they were very excited to see this one come out. The story is great, and the illistration is beautiful.
Great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) (Hardcover)
Love all things pinkalicious!! My daughter has nearly all the books and loves them all. This one did not disapoint.

Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious)
Emeraldalicious (Pinkalicious) by Victoria Kann (Hardcover - January 29, 2013)
$17.99 $15.32