Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 6, 2013
I am a fan of all of the Pinkalicious books EXCEPT this one.

The story does not flow; it is choppy and too contrived. There seemed to be so much effort putting the environmental spin on it, that it destroyed the story. There was a great deal of potential but Emeraldalicious fell flat.
on December 19, 2013
My whole family likes the Pinkalicious series of books but this one is probably my least favorite. The story is just weird- basically Pinkalicious and Peter play in trash and have a magic wand that makes things out of the trash and grants their wishes. My daughter likes it well enough but it's just an odd storyline to me. It's somewhat different from the rest of the Pinkalicious books (not in a good way). In hindsight, I would pass on this one.
on March 28, 2013
I bought this book for my niece for Easter as I have bought her all the other books in this series and she was thrilled with them all, I love the fact that with Earth day approaching Pinkalicious has gone green! So green really is the new pink!
on April 18, 2016
My 4 year old is a huge fan of these books and so I added this one to her collection. Just like the others, this one doesn't disappoint. The pages are colorful and full of things to look at. The story line is cute and this has become a favorite bedtime read in our home. If you have a Pinkalicious fan, I highly recommend you add this one to your collection!
review image review image
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 29, 2013
We received our pre-order copy of Emeraldalicious yesterday and it is a nice book with a lot of imagination. It is a beautiful Hardcover book with a quality dust jacket and great artwork on heavy paper. The best part about the story is that it is very positive throughout. Some of the Pinkalicious books have had some negativity to them where there was a dislike for pink from some mean girl types that Pinkalicous ran into that didn't really make for a fun read. Not in this story.

Early in the book, while walking through the woods, Pinkalicous breaks her wand. Instead of getting upset about it, she quickly makes a new one out of a sticks and flowers with the help of her little brother. This new magic wand becomes the tool for a great new pretend adventure with her little brother when they come across lots of stinky trash thrown all over in the woods. This magic wand proceeds to make new, beautiful things out of the junk that had been strewn about, which teaches recycling and reuse in a kid friendly way. Pinkalicious and her little brother Peter work well together building a shiny new Emeraldalicious world. While this is a pure fantasy story and is a little more "out there" than some, it will exercise a child's imagination while emphasizing working through problems and finding solutions, recycling and reuse, teamwork, beautifying nature and pretend play that is great skill for kids to learn.

Long story short, the book has a positive and fun story with a happy ending and nice artwork. While it isn't my favorite Pinkalicous book, my girls like it. Recommended for your Pinkalicious Fan!

=========================

UPDATE (05/22/2013):
While this story may be a little on the crazy side and based almost totally in a fantasy world, my 6 year old insists it is one of her favorites. She wanted to read it to me and my youngest daughter the other night at bedtime story time. She really likes how Pinkalicious kept magically creating new things out of the trash. She was so excited to tell us what was going to happen next. It was great. My 3 year old was also very intrigued and she paid attention the whole time. So while parents may not like this story as much, the kids really love it... which is the most important part.
on September 2, 2013
Reviewed by Avery, age 9
This was such a fun book to add to my collection and now I hope to own all of the `licious books.

"Television, towel, and a tassel. I'm a prince who loves his castle. Please make me one without a hassle!"
This book is about a little girl who thinks she is a princess and has a very big imagination. Her brother and she are on a walk when she falls and breaks her tiara and wand. They make a new one out of flowers and vines. Suddenly the wand flies away. They stumble upon an area that is covered in garbage and a tree that is dying. With a little bit of magic, they turn the garbage into stuff that a princess would have, like a throne, and then with a wave of her wand, flowers started growing where it was clean. She uses the garbage to make other items for her brother and her.

This book was so colorful and the castle made out of garbage was excellent as you could see all of the different items used, like spoons and cups. If you haven't read this book before, don't wait any longer!
*This book was provided in exchange for an honest review*
*You can view the original review at San Francisco & Sacramento City Book Review
on May 24, 2013
We have all of these except for Purplelicious. I don't like the story line and refuse to buy that one in the series. Our favorite is Silverlicious, but this one is cute too. I would recommend this and my 7 year old really enjoys reading it.
on May 31, 2013
This is a delightful book. I purchased it for the early reading program (grades 1-3) and am so thrilled! The kids love the illustrations and the words are challenging. Many of the kids like to be read to so it gives the adult reader the opportunity to teach new words.
on February 16, 2015
Pinkalicous is a big part of why my daughter is a very avid reader, and she loves this one, too. The plot for this one is pretty fanciful, and the part in the middle where she's making things out of junk seems nonsensical to a grown up, but my six-year-old just ate it up.
on April 20, 2013
Pinkalicious and Peter find out that their favorite park is covered in trash! They create a magic wand that helps them recycle and re-use the junk in the park. They also plant new flowers to grow. Soon the park is Emeraldicious!

Why I liked this book - This is an awesome book for Earth Day! It gives the message; care for your environment and recycle! The illustrations are fabulous as with all of Ms. Kann's books. I really like Pinkalicious' cape, wand, and tiara that were made from flowers and plants. I really like how the story shows that you can re-use some of the "junk" lying around and make it into something great. I think everyone should do more of that. I think kids (girls AND boys - remember, Peter is there too!) 4+ would really like this book!