1,665 Reviews
 (1,222)

2,006 of 2,031 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Not very fuzzy
This product is probably what you think it is. One of those loud, crinkly, reflective "space" type blankets. They're fairly cheap, and you get a lot of them. They're very useful for keeping a person warm if you know how to use them.

Published on March 15, 2011 by Brian Ames

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 NOT 10
This does NOT come in a pack of 10 only recieved 1 and as I look at all the reviews i have found out i am not the only one with this problem.
Published 14 months ago by Lana Maurer

2,006 of 2,031 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Not very fuzzy, March 15, 2011
This review is from: Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10) (Sports)

Some people complain that it doesn't keep them warm at all. This is most likely because they aren't using it properly. There are better articles for this information than this review, but essentially.. This blanket prevents heat-loss from radiation (which is how the majority of our body heat is lost). Radiation is when heat radiates away from its source. This is where the product shines: it allows hot pockets of air to form between you and the blanket. It doesn't do much to protect against conduction since it's so thin. Conduction occurs when heat transfers from one place to another by touching. When you grab an ice-cube, you are losing heat because of conduction. Similarly, if you are in a very windy area, while the blanket itself is wind-proof, the cold air can get under and inside the blanket, stealing away your warmth.

As such, when using this blanket, you should squat down and wrap it around you. By laying on the bare ground, there is no "dead air space" for the hot air to collect so, by the process of conduction, your body looses heat through the ground. This product works really well as a sort of "base layer" type of blanket. If you have a sleeping pad and sleeping bag, line the insides of your sleeping bag with one of these and you'll be toasty in no time. Just be sure not to start sweating too much, because of hypothermia and stuff. Even without those fancy sleeping bags, one of these covered by a wool blanket will keep you very warm. Just remember not to wrap the blanket to tightly around you. It is instinctive when you want to get warm, but it'll decrease the effectiveness and may rip it since it's so frail.

Five stars because it does what it is intended to do. And while it's quality isn't super, and it isn't made out of top-notch ballistic nylon, it isn't being marketed as if it were. It is intended to be a cheap, disposable cover to be used in emergencies, and it does that job wonderfully.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had my doubts...but not anymore, March 22, 2011
D-dot (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10) (Sports)
I purchased this product (Emergency Mylar Thermal Blanket pack of 10) to put some in my wife's car, my car, and an emergency kit. I have never used one of these before and I thought that they would just be an "okay if I have to" use. Boy was I wrong! I took one out at night (45 degrees F) to test it. It kept me delightfully warm, not hot, but a comfortable warm. I did not feel like I was wrapped in plastic wrap which I thought I would feel. I also tried to push my feet through it (holding on with my hands and with two feet pushing as hard as I could) and all it did was stretch a little but nothing serious. However once it is punched (with a knife on purpose on my part), it will continue ripping fairly easily. Over all this is an excellent, very light weight, cheap price to not freeze in a crumby situation.

FYI The blankets I received are made by B-H Supplies, a 52" by 84" (not 54" by 82" if it matters) and holds in 90% of body heat. Also it sounds like tin foil when you are moving around. My father added that in his survival training they said use two, one for the floor so your body heat does not escape into the ground and one around you while covering your head for maximum warmth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price!, February 17, 2011
This review is from: Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10) (Sports)
I purchased these to make emergency kits for my families cars. They are not expensive and could save their life if they break down.

My brother used a few to line a dog house he made. He turned them so the heat from his dog would stay in the dog house. My mom used one as a sun shade in a garage window. She turned them around so the heat would reflect back out the window. You can still see outside but people can not see in. Great little gifts for people and have many uses.

edit:
A warning (in response to a post I received). Please make sure there is nothing between the blanket and the glass of the window if you are going to use them as a sunshade and/or for privacy. These little guys reflect a lot of heat and anything between them and the glass could be damaged.

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 NOT 10, September 18, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor packing, December 15, 2012
item clearly says pack of ten, yet I only received one blanket for $8.19
Wanted these for prizes for a Civil Air Patrol party and now we go without because someone can't count to ten.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price...., December 27, 2011
This review is from: Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10) (Sports)
These should be in every car, home, back pack and Family Preparedness Kit in the world.I camp often in the mountains of Colorado and there is always three or four in my packs. I get two and tape them to the inside of my tent one on each side me on nights when the temperature may be a little cooler. I sleep like a baby, warm and toasty. You can also use for reflecting the camp fire towards you too, I place one behind my chairs by the fire on days when I car camp at one of my little hide away spots. Also great if you are stranded and need to be spot from an aircraft.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mylar thermal blanket, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10) (Sports)
This delivery was prompt- HOWEVER- I have opened 3 so far and all of the 3 are not cut properly and are torn on one side. If you have ever worked with his item you know that it will tear very quickly if there is the slightest cut. The first is in the garbage and the other 2 had to be taped. I have to assume that the other 7 are the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars They only send 1 not 10 blankets, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10) (Sports)
I bought this because it would have been a good price for the 10 blankets that are advertised. Amazon only sent 1 blanket though. I realised after reading all the 1 star reviews that this is a very common problem Amazon has with this blanket. Some of the higher rated reviews say they were sent 9 blankets instead of 10, lucky you. I have checked "helpful" for all the 1 star reviews of people who only received 1 blanket instead of the advertised 10 in the hopes of moving those reviews to the top of the list and encourage everyone else to do the same. No one else should have to be a victim of this scam. I hope Amazon stops removing my review.

1.0 out of 5 stars You only get one do not order, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10) (Sports)
You only get 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a true add and look at other reviews same thing I will not order again

1.0 out of 5 stars Pack of 10 it says? I got one..., March 14, 2013
This review is from: Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10) (Sports)
Amazon refunded my money, but I don't like false advertising. I haven't been able to find another group pack like this. I really want a pack of 10 like this said.

Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10)
$39.99 $6.99