Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Emergency Back Up Portable Charger for iPhone iPod 1900mAh
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 23, 2010
Got this for a long plane trip to use with my iPod Touch 2G. Works great, good mAh rating for the money, compact size. Have used it fewer than 10 times so far. I can use the iPod while the battery is plugged in; the connection feels a touch loose but it's about the same feel as other OEM docks that I plug the iPod into.
on March 12, 2011
This product is really convenient. It is really helpful for another 20-30 minutes of ipod time. If you really need the extra charge, this is definitely worth the price. Also, I found it can withstand a clothes washer and a dryer. =D
on September 13, 2011
hey you, look at how inexpensive this thing is, then the average rating, then go ahead and buy 1 or 2. I'm serious. Just move your mouse over and do it. If you're ever in an emergency situation and your iPhone battery dies what would you do? I know what you'd do, you'd wish you clicked and bought just like I told you to.

more seriously now, I bought one for my backpacking trip. This charger is gonna be perfect. I'm keeping in a dry stuff sack in my pack. I can now confidently use my iPhone 4 all day for leisurely stuff and when it dies I know that I have one or more full charges in this little pack to get me to my next destination safely. I did a test and in fact got (not quite but) almost two full charges off this thing. Gonna do another test to confirm. Oh yeah, it doesn't work on iPad 2 but it's not advertised for that so no surprise there.
review image review image review image
on July 3, 2012
When I first received my charger in the mail, I noticed that it was made with very cheap material and felt very flimsy, but what do you expect from a $5 charger? After I fully charged it, I tried charging my phone, but it didn't work. I contacted the seller, and they automatically sent me a new one for free, so big ups to them for that. When I received the NEW charger, I noticed that it worked well, but would not charge for even a full 45 minutes after I had fully charged the battery. If you bought 10 of these chargers and used them all on your dead phone, then it maybe won't even be able to charge fully. I am only giving this product 3 stars because of the exceptional customer service and also that the battery actually works, but not well.
on December 9, 2009
My Ipod Touch internal battery has deteriorated to about 70% of when new. This little add-on is useful for extending up time about 40%. However, it does add significant dimension. It would not be feasible or advisable to carry it around with this battery plugged in (fragile connection). It provides me exactly what I was looking for until I decide whether to spend money on getting the internal battery replaced.
on March 30, 2012
This product will not charge any Apple product I own. I charged it overnight then tried to use it on an Iphone 4s, an Itouch, an Ipad, and a Nano. None of them responded at all. If you try to return the product they charge you for the shipping and it is a pain in the butt. Don't waste your money.
on December 23, 2012
This is a decent product, but I am disappointed. The first time, I charged it for 12 hours and stashed it in my purse so I would have it when I needed it. A week later, I pulled it out of my pocketbook and plugged it up to my iPhone 4. My phone had 7% battery life when I plugged it into this charger. 45 minutes later, this had stopped charging ( lights blinking, possibly dead already?), my phone had 6% battery life. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. It isn't reliable and when you need it most, it won't work. Trust me, I know.
on April 10, 2013
I bought this emergency back up portable charger in March in sprite of the fact some people said it did not give enough charge. I have used it on several occasions with my iPhone 4 and it does a great job of keeping it charged up when the phone runs low. I use the camera a lot when I travel so the battery is always challenged to keep up with my needs. When power gets low I just plug the charger into the phone and put it back into my case. It is ready the next time I need it. And there is usually enough charge left for a second recharge. In addition it is small enough to fit into my purse for everyday use when I have forgotten to recharge the phone or just used it a lot. I don't have to worry about the phone not working. All in all I think it is great for what it is meant to do.
on December 19, 2011
Considering that this is pretty cheap, you have to keep your expectations low. It doesn't seem to carry enough charge to fully charge my iPod Touch (I haven't tried it yet with my iPod completely dead). But it is handy when I'm low on juice.

Other thoughts...

This was a bit thicker and larger than I thought.

You can't use wired headphones while you charge. That's probably the biggest flaw of this design.

The cover that protects the male plug can easily get lost. It's not essential to the product's use, but does keep it from scratching things up in your bag, or wearing a hole in your pocket.

There's no locking mechanism, so it can easily detach from the iPod/iPhone. So it probably wouldn't work well in your pocket while you run. This was probably designed with table-top use in mind.

The lights seem unnecessarily bright, i keep thinking that the energy spent could be used to charge the iPod.

The description of this item is accurate. You can't charge this and the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch at the same time. You'll end up just charging the phone using the what's stored in the battery. I'm not sure what happens when you run out of battery charge.
on September 6, 2011
This battery works great. If you get this battery & it doesn't light up but the iPod recognizes the battery, it'll still charge.

Also, this works for the iPod Touch 4G.