Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 questions
vote
Is it re-usable? May 26, 2014
Mine was badly split at the snow line as I climbed out of it the second morning. I fixed it with tape and put it in my day pack, which is juxtaposed for emergencies. It can be reused, but will not stand up to everyday use.
May 27, 2014 by Spence
votes
It is a "tube tent" which has a small rope that you can tie between two trees or rocks or things and then then it holds up the top of the tube. Open on both ends. The small rope would work in an emergency and at least it provides a floor and a ceiling. It would be great in an emergency and that is all you have, but it is not a replacement for a reliable tent for regular use.
Sep 20, 2013 by Ospreyy
votes
Just checked mine - "Made in China"
Sep 11, 2013 by anon_39
votes
Its like a survival blanket that is connected on all sides (length wise) and open on the ends. It has a cotton rope (not high quality) for using as a ridge line. To see simular watch you tube video "http://youtu.be/UDNLip5IQJw"
Sep 13, 2014 by colorado 14k
votes
Depends on size of the person, but 2 people, very tightly packed. Since this is an emergency tent, in an emergency situation you would be able to make it work.
Jan 2, 2014 by Joe D
votes
Yes it does
Nov 2, 2013 by Keith Nidy
votes
I'm sorry but I never actually used it. It's in my emergency kit and I hope I never have to use it...
Nov 20, 2013 by The Giz
votes
I've actually used tube tents a number of times in a variety of weather conditions. If you seal them, yes, you have a carbon monoxide trap. Fortunately, sealing a tube tent that tight (in the environment where they would be used) is extremely difficult. "Wind proof" means that the material blocks wind without letting it through as some fabrics do. It does not mean that putting a tube tent up is going to be windproof from all angles. As to making the tent comfortable, it's really not that difficult. On one end you make a brush (foliage, vegetation) "wall", fundamentally closing that end with plant material. This will help hold the (in theory) warm air in the tent, but will also breath at the same time. The "open" end can be set up in a variety of ways. If you're in cold weather, you build your fire 10 ft or so from the "front door" of the tube tent. Build a rock reflector wall at the back of the fire to help radiate heat into the tent. The space blanket material will retain a good portion of the heat and make you nights much better. Barring that, take your poncho, or your spare space blanket (carry 3 or 4 for the weight and cost) and tape, jam, wedge or "rock tie" it to the upper 2/3 to 3/4 of the tent opening. This allows a cross flow of air through the tent, once again, insuring against CO attacks. They're not difficult, but they do take a little practice and a bit of anticipation of potential problems.
Aug 24, 2012 by Geoffrey F. Beneze
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers