Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Emergency Zone Reflective 2 Person Mylar Tube Tent, Cold Weather Emergency Shelter, 1 and 3 Packs Available
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 5, 2010
I bought this product to take with me in the jungle, as part of my survival and emergency kit.
It is a product that provides protection from environmental elements such as rain, wind and cold, it's easy and fast to install in case of an unexpected event and is ready for use, because it brings the rope included.
The sealed package allows me to carry it in my bag, and know that it will always be dry even if I fall into a river or stream.
This product is ideal for its weight and ease of storage.
I think it is good addition for those who have kits for emergencies or survival situations.
1010 comments| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2010
If you want to be truly prepared for an emergency or survival, then by all means, add one or two of these to your collection of stored emergency supplies, or with camping gear.....I certainly have a few myself. However, if you like to pinch pennies wherever you can, you could probably skip this item and just stock up on the emergency blankets that are made of the same material and easily use them in conjunction with some rope to get to the same end point. The blankets are a bit more versatile and therefore a slightly better buy.
33 comments| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2013
I've kept this in my hiking pack for a few months now, and had to finally use it when my friend twisted both her ankles on a short winter mountain hike. I wasn't able to stabilize her ankles enough to get make our way out of the trail (not without much trying and pain and angry words), and didn't have a bush ax on me to make a makeshift one person stretcher from nearby trees. I ended up wrapping her up in all the spare clothes and some handwarmers strategically placed, with this as an outside layer while I hiked out for a bit until I could get cell reception to call for assistance.

Approximately 4 hours passed from ankle twisting event until the emergency crews arrived, and considering the temperatures, she probably would have been fine, but why risk it? This probably saved her from a cold at the very least, if not a light case of hypothermia. We even used the tent as an additional insulating layer on the sled stretcher.

The mylar is what I would say the perfect thickness as blend between rip resistance and carry weight. The rope in it is sufficient, but you're 9/10 more likely to use it to loosely wrap around someone than create a wind tunnel tent.

My only gripe? This mylar is loud. I'm not sure whether I'm just used to single sheets of mylar, or a different formula, but I was scaring birds into the air that were 200 feet away while I was wrapping her up, and you can forget about talking while making any major adjustments to it.

All in all? I'm definitely grabbing another one to replace the one I just used. I may not be the expert in folding things, but you can probably forget about getting it back into the original package, especially after a good use.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2011
I used this as one of the layers to protect my motorcycle from the harsh winter elements. It is waterproof and a very good wind barrier. And it appears to retain heat well. You can put your hand behind it to get a feel of its efficaciousness. The tent folds out easily and comes with an attached nylon cord. It seems well constructed. It is basically a long sheet of mylar sheet that is folded into a triangle and taped with a good quality (yellow in my case) tape. You won't be able to get the tape off without tearing the tent. So my point is it holds it together pretty well.
22 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2013
I've been using this tent as a drone shelter for a while now, and it seems to be working great! It functions perfectly due to properties inherent to mylar (i.e. reflection of heat signature). I'd definitely recommend this to a friend :).
on July 6, 2012
Nice idea for emergencies. Unfortunately, the quality of the mylar sheet is abysmal. The silver coating comes off in flakes with very little use. I have several mylar blankets and had never seen this before, so it is not a matter of technology but a matter of cheapskate production. DO NOT BUY!
55 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2011
two things I don't like it: 1) this is a tube tent, which means both ends are open; 2)the tent is very hard to be set up. although a rope is provided, it is almost impossible to be set up as the picture showed, especially when it is windy.
33 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2013
The tent worked great it was used for a wilderness survival merit badge and was perfect for the summer use and will work great in cold weather . Stayed dry in a hard rain
on February 16, 2012
This was highly recommended by backpackers and it's especially good for a Bug Out Bag (BOB)and for those into survival if there is an emergency. I live in S. Ca where we get earthquakes and I was happy to find this one. It's easy to find the orange tents, but not easy to find this metalic silver reflective tent, which in my estimation is better protection and will retain the body heat and reflect the sun if it's too hot, as well as keep you dry in the rain or snow. I read a good deal on this and I think it's something everyone should have in their bug out bag (or even in just a fanny pack on a short hike). It's something all back packers should carry (sometimes a small tent is just too much to carry (especially if you are on a day hike). It's light weight and small and there fore it's perfect for short term hikes and emergency survival bags (BOB) It's really great if you get caught in a sudden rain storm.It goes up in just mins. and it can save your life. I read back packers magazines and this is just right for not carrying too much weight and still be something that will really protect you and possibly just save your life. I think it's a steal at this price.
on September 26, 2011
Great tube tent style shelter with metalized foil lining. Light weight and will work for one or two times. Get a heavier version for longer use. This is good for one time survival but will not hold up to multiple uses. Keep these in your kit for a fire reflector or to keep heat inside of a small tent. Can be used folded up more like a tarp as a reflector. Get several of these.