Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Emeril Stainless 12-Inch Fry Pan
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 4, 2002
The 8/18 12 inch fry pan by Emeril is outstanding. I bought it to replace a Belgique fry pan that was about 15 years old. The small rivits holding the handle to the pan just popped and I had to throw it away. I went looking for a good replacement and I found it in the Emeril 12 inch pan. This pan more than filled the bill. I have no doubt at all that it is really superior to the Belgique. It cooks more evenly than any frypan I've ever used, and the handle is rock-solid and doesn't get hot. The even cooking is due to the aluminum and copper bottom. The pan also cleans up very easily.
One of the things I like about the Emeril pan is that it has rivits that won't ever break. The pan is made by All-Clad, and is identical to their 12 inch pan, but at less than 1/2 the price. Really, if you are looking for an ideal fry pan, this is the one to get. It looks and feels good, is solid, and cleaning is no problem. It think it will outlast me!
on November 12, 2003
This is a really affordable alternative to the All-Clad 12 inch Stainless steel pan. Not only is the quality of the manufacturing up to All-Clad's standards (ie worthy of the All-Clad brand name), it performs extremely well as well. Although the aluminum/copper disk is only on the bottom of the pan (it doesn't come up the sides), it seems to cover all the necessary surface area. The result is a pan that heats extremely evenly, has absolutely no hot spots, and is extremely responsive to heat adjustments. I use this on an old electric stove too, so this is impressive! Cleanup is surprisingly not too bad (I was afraid that food would stick, but a brief dip in hot water seems to do the trick), although to keep the beautiful finish of the pot (and avoid the swirly heat stains common to using stainless steel pots) I would recommend using a stainless steel polish. Makes it look like new.
I've had this pan for several months now, and highly recommend it.
on March 16, 2006
This pan works well for cooking purposes. Its heavy bottom stores and distributes heat well, and it seems like it will hold up well over time.

Flaws: the edges of the pan are not rolled. They are extremely sharp and will slice your cupboards if you don't retrieve it carefully. They can cut your hand during washing. The "copper" layer in the base of the piece is actually brass with a thin copper coloring that will be removed after several washings.

These caveats notwithstanding, the pan is, for the price, a good utensil.
on March 24, 2003
My husband and I recently rented a vacation home in Florida. The people had a set of Emerilware pots and pans and I was very impressed with them. I personally have a set of Cuisinart stainless steel cookware which I very much enjoy, but I have to say that I fell in love with the 12" Emeril frying pan. The weight of it, the ease of cleaning, the handle and the overall quality are wonderful. I am thinking of purchasing one even though I don't need any more pans !!
on August 30, 2005
After delightful success with the Emerilware Stainless 3-Quart Sauté Pan (you can read my review of that pan, too), I decided to purchase a second piece of Emerilware Stainless cookware. What prompted me to buy the 12-inch fry pan was the purchase and use of the the cookbook "Cover & Bake (A Best Recipe Classics)". The editors of that book recommend a fry pan for many of their dishes. The Emerilware Stainless fry pan is every bit as good as its sauté pan 'sister'. It cooks foods beautifully, and clean-up is surprisingly easy. I do recommend using a stainless steel polish to remove the heat discoloration marks on the pan's interior. A fantastic value for a pan you will use regularly, and keep for a lifetime.
on February 18, 2006
This is one of the best frypans I have ever used, and I have been cooking for over 45years. No it is not non-stick, but if you heat it up first and then add a little oil it works great. Cleanup is easy, I am a little fussy with my pans so I do use some stainless steel cleaner each time so it keeps looking like brandnew. My next purchase will be the saute pan!
on July 19, 2006
First and foremost, let me say emphatically that I am NOT a chef. I'm not even a very good cook. Heck, I don't even watch The Food Network! But I do like a good value for the dollar, and I'm sick and tired of replacing skillets every year or so. So, one lesson I've learned in life is that you get what you pay for; therefore, no more $9.99 frying pans for me.

I've also learned over the years that "non-stick" pans scratch easily and what I often think is pepper in my scrambled eggs is really the teflon coating flaking off! Well . . . no more of that!

So, a few days ago this middle-aged, "macho" bachelor (that's me) wanders into Bed Bath & Beyond armed with my 20% off coupon (I've actually received a total of four in the mail, so I'll have to make four separate trips since they are good on only one item). Anyhow, I strolled around the cookware department and found all kinds of shiny, sparkling pots and pans and some of them were over $150 each! Well, I can't see paying that much for a single pan, at least not for cajun catfish, bacon, and fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. As I said, I'm not some fancy pants, limp-wristed, lisping kitchen sissy. No designer pans for me! But $59.99 minus my 20% discount, well that's another matter.

So I proudly took my fancy, $60 frying pan home and wondered with amazement at how heavy and hefty this thing is. I'd really hate to be wopped upside the head with this thing! I just had to try it out, so I followed Emeril's advice and resisted the temptation to turn the stovetop all the way to the highest setting. You know what, it took a bit longer to cook but it sure did a fine job. And this morning I made scrambled eggs and didn't have to worry about scratching the teflon coating with my fork because there ain't any!

So . . . how easy is it to clean? In a word, it's a breeze. Heck, it's easier than cleaning the "non-stick" stuff!!! Bachelors and non-culinary types out there, this pan's for you! "Big city" culinary types, don't give up your precious cabinet space for a dishwasher because you won't need one now!

You wanna know what I'm gonna do with one of those other discount coupons I have? You guessed it, I'm going back and getting me one of those fancy Emerilware sauce pans!
on March 19, 2008
This fry pan was included in a set that I purchased about 4 1/2 years ago. The copper core has split almost completely off of the bottom of the pan. The rest of the set seems to be o.k., other than the 2 quart sauce pan in which the copper core looks like it's beginning to separate. These two pieces are the ones I have used practically every day since I purchased it. I really liked the set until this happened. I did not abuse the cookware, this just seemed to happen with regular use. I would like to give the fry pan another try, perhaps the one I have just happens to be defective. If happens again, will will not recommend nor will I buy anymore of this cookware. I'm rather hesitant, however, considering the fry pan alone, costs half the amount that I paid for the 10 piece set!
on January 19, 2008
I have been to culinary school and have used top of the line cookware and this fry pan is equal to anything I experienced there. The pan has great even heating on any type of electric, gas or infra-red.

The all stainless construction is good when you need to do any roasting in the oven. Once you have the pan seasoned it really creates consistant flavoring.

No coatings on this cookware that scratches or comes off on your food. This is professional cookware and will give years of service.
on June 9, 2007
Bought this fan pan based on Amazon reviews - didn't see the pan in stores at the time. You do not get an All Clad pan at half the price. While the pan has a very heavy bottom and cooks OK, the sides of the pan are rather filmsy. My pan has a dent in it and I've never dropped it or banged it against anything. I feel that I could bend the sides of the pan with my bare hands if I tried.