Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 8, 2012
There are some amazing sandwiches in this book for those who are sandwich lovers or just desire some really good and different sandwich recipes. The pictures are mouthwatering, not all sandwiches have their own picture however. Included are; kicked-up classics, lunch box sandwiches that travel, on a roll, subs, pressed and grilled, open-face, wraps, breakfast and brunch, sweet sandwiches, bread, dressings.

There is a good introduction with advice on making good sandwiches. Some of the sandwiches that he says are for travel, I would hesitate to leave unrefrigerated and he gives no advice on how long they can `travel' and still be okay, especially an egg salad sandwich.

Personally many of these recipes require more work than I care to commit to a sandwich; but if you wish to impress or enjoy a more complicated sandwich then this book is for you. The recipes are not that hard, just at points require a lot of ingredients and preparation and that is without making your own bread or the sauces - both of which have excellent recipes.

We have enjoyed sandwich Nicoise, eggplant muffuletta, New Orleans-style olive salad, smoked sausage sandwiches with beer braised onions was a particular favorite, crab Louie sandwich, cheddar and green onion biscuits, and chocolate wafers with peanut butter fudge.
It is a nice book to add to your cookbook collection, especially if you are a sandwich lover.
on November 27, 2012
This cookbook is so fabulous I had to make a video to tell you all about it.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 23, 2013
Gave this book to my son, it reads well, the recipes sound delicious, but are prep/ingredient intensive. He migh use if for ideas, but can't be sure that he'll follow the recipes closely. Might just make him hungry so that he heads out to a sandwich shop.
on August 6, 2013
These sandwiches are works of art. I don't come anywhere near having the ingredients to make any of them. They require a plan and a trip to several specialty shops, which are in short supply around here. If you could create (maybe with a couple of friends) one of these sublime sandwiches a month, I'm sure it would be worth the effort and a great accomplishment. They make my mouth water to read the recipes. I'm planning a trip to New Orleans right now and I know just the place in The French Market to buy the best Fried Shrimp Po'Boy.
on November 14, 2012
I've cooked over 7 different recipes from this book, and all of them have been outstanding. When I received the book, I was surprised that Emeril included dessert and bread recipes in addition to the sandwiches. Covering everything from sandwiches you can throw together in less than 10 minutes, to pork ribs that marinate overnight, Emeril provides unique recipes that will not disappoint your taste buds! I would suggest this book for everyone from a beginning home cook to an accomplished chef.
on November 21, 2012
Love the book! It has everything from sandwiches, to homemade condiments to baked bread, and even baked goods, like Poppy Seed Pound Cake! Emeril captures all kind of food lovers, whether your a meat eater, vegan, vegetarian or a lover of sandwiches! I highly recommend this book for anybody that loves food!!
on February 8, 2013
This book was pick up by my wife at the library, I bought it for her an now we are both enjoying Emeril's tips and Kicked-up Sandwiches. Yummy Yummy to my tomy. Great book.
on December 30, 2012
I gave my friend this book for Christmas. She was babysitting when she started looking at the book. She kept saying, "Awesome!" After a while, her granddaughter picked up the book and looked at the pictures and said, "Awesome!" It suits everyone facies!
on June 27, 2016
Although I rarely have all the ingredients, I love his recipes and this book is lots of fun reading, drooling over, etc. Will have to select a few sandwiches and get the ingredients and try the. I used to watch his TV shows and especially waited for the nights when he was on Food Channel.
on November 14, 2012
I would highly recommend this cookbook its amazingly informative, a great educational tool, has a lot of amazing recipes that cross all tastes and covers everything from breakfast through desert, It has the recipe for the entire sandwich, the bread, the add ons like mayo and spreads...I found it to become one of my all time favorite cookbooks and have made a good portion of the various recipes in this book, my favorite would be the Grilled Spinach Artichoke Dip Sandwich Its heaven on 2 pieces of bread... Its a great book, or even a great gift....I promise you won't be disappointed!