Emerson Combination Machine
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Emerson CCM901 Programmable Coffee, Espresso, and Cappuccino Maker
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. Coffee has an automatic brew timer.
2. Good sized water reservoir, especially if you are making a load of espressos.
3. Has a frother. The frothing wand could be longer.
4. The PRICE is the best out there for a good beginner espresso machine. I've had cheaper ones that break easily and do not produce a good espresso WITH crema.
5. Simple operation. You'll read some reviews about the instructions, but come on-it's not rocket science...it's coffee. Water in the water reserve. Check. Grounds in the mesh filter (no more paper-yah!). Check. Push the on button. Check = Coffee. For espresso: Water in reservoir. Push espresso on button. Make sure that you are set for the cup and not steam (pictures). Pump should be off. Put empty portafilter in machine and turn the pump on when green indicator light is on. Run water through for 5 seconds and then turn the pump off. Remove portafilter and put finely ground beans in. Lock portafilter into machine. Turn on the pump. Here is the confusing part: How long do I run the machine for? The manufacturer does not say. I run it until the brown crema gets too light (yeah, subjective-I know). Turn the pump off and turn the machine to steam production. Wait until the green indicator light turns on and then turn the dial ever-so-slowly to flush out water in the line.Read more ›
Using the instructions in the book, I had this baby up and brewing in no time. I wish the steamer arm were a little longer to reach deeper into my frothing pitcher, but c'est la vie.
I looked around all over for a reasonably priced espresso machine for a beginner, and I'm glad I picked this one. It brews well both on the drip side and the espresso side. The steamer works great, everything cleans up easily and it just looks cool sitting on my counter!
Would definitely not buy this machine again. The "start" button broke off inside so now I have to stick a pencil tip in the hole to turn the dang thing on. Again, it makes a decent cup of coffee but it's very poorly made. Pass on this machine. Spend the $ on something more substantial.
A year on and I have to revise my review. It does make a decent cup of coffee on the drip side, but in retrospect I wish I had invested in a nicer machine. This one is fine for awhile, but like other inexpensive coffee makers, it doesn't hold up.
The most annoying thing about this is the reusable filter basket. It's a white mesh (not gold tone) filter that has fallen apart. I cannot find a replacement and the other reusable filters I've tried simply don't fit in this machine. The filter is oval shaped and other cone and basket replacements are round.
I've also had issues with the coffee not going into the pot...waking up to find coffee all over the kitchen counter. It doesn't happen every time, but it's still annoying. After a year, I still can't figure out why this happens. The overflow issue has also caused the heating plate to rust, which is exactly why I had to replace my last coffee maker. :(
I have only used the expresso side once or twice, but I'm not really impressed with it either.
Bottom line...I'd pass on this one and invest in something nicer.
A combo machine for this price would be great, but only if it works. With all the bad reviews (here & at Target), my guess is they have some problems with the design or manufacturing process.
Amazon: 'Not my job- contact seller' - / Seller Daves Electronics - Not us--contact manufacturer / Manufacturer.. left email message, phone message and a postal service letter is ON ITS WAY-- no return contact to date.
01/01/16-- Mfg. Emerson--- "we discontinued making 2 years ago" - we will not be responsible for replacement"--- NOTE TO BUYER:-- I was OUT of pocket for every penny paid for this machine - nobody-- Amazon- i.e. (we don't guarantee- contact seller/ Daves Electronics - seller-warranty is by mfg. we are not responsible/ Emerson who supposedly 'guarantees' it's product has advised THEY are not responsible for the warranty since they discontinued mfg. --- NOBODY is standing good for this guarantee - NOBODY will refund or repair. --- BAD.... I expected more from both seller and distributor-- and most certainly expected the manufacturer to STAND BY ITS GUARANTEE.... --- Very sorry I purchased and am out the entire purchase price. -- NEVER GOT TO TRY the 'expresso'--
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Only owned this machine for 4 months and the espresso side won't even turn on, due to a stuck button.Published 1 month ago by michelle kirchoff
I BOUGHT ONE ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO AND CRACKED THE GLASS CARAFE. I'VE LOOKED AND CALLED EVERYWHERE TRYING TO FIND A REPLACEMENT CARAFE FOR MORE THAN A MONTH AND THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love this machine as I can make coffee, expresso, and also cappucino. It has excellent quality.Published 3 months ago by bmcmichael
I got this as a gift 8 years ago and it still works! I use it every day sometimes twice a day. I've never had any issue with it breaking or not working. Read morePublished 4 months ago by jessi cross
First one of these the heating element didn't work. Replacement sent eventually and the espresso element did not work. Don't waste you time on this product.Published 6 months ago by DK Iowa
Very disappointing. Leaks and fails in about 14 months. I will not use this brand again.Published 12 months ago by Carlton of Boston
Sadly, the espresso maker stopped working only a few months after we purchased this. The regular coffee pot side just stopped working 14 months after purchase. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Deborah
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.