4.0 out of 5 stars Good clock, but pay attention
I've been using one of these clocks for the last few years and have never had any trouble with it. However, with the 2007 changes to Daylight Saving Time start and end dates, it was necessary to replace my old one. I liked it well enough that I wanted to keep the same model and found that they were still available from Amazon.

The first one Amazon shipped had...
Published on February 19, 2007 by W. Warren

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but needs some refurbishing
First of all, I must say that this is a great idea for a clock. It really is great how it sets itself the minute you plug it in. It's easy to read but put on the dimmer switch -it is way too bright. With that said, the actual product is made very poorly. We didn't have ours very long, about 3 months, before the buttons to set the alarm dropped down inside the clock...
Published on October 29, 2004 by boxwood100

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars This thing is awesome, except for the green glow, October 7, 2004
This review is from: Emerson CKS2237 Dual Alarm Clock Radio (Silver) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I love the fact that this clock sets the time automatically, and even remembers your alarm settings when the power goes out, but the only thing keeping it from 5 stars is the VERY bright display, i have never taken mine off the "dim" setting, you must need sunglasses to sleep with the "normal" setting. That said I still love this clock, I like the dual alarms and have just learned to sleep turned away from the clock.

UPDATE: this clock is pretty much worthless now that the days for Daylight Savings Time changed. You have to change the time yourself on those days, which isn't that big a deal. The bigger issue is that the time still changes on the old DST days. Pain the rear end to keep up with, so this ended up in a garage sale.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Clock But Bad Display Color!, December 13, 2004
Brian M. (Parchment, MI) - See all my reviews
This is a great clock. I own an Emerson SmartSet clock much like this but it has a red display. I've always had red led display alarm clocks until I was in high school. I bought a neat looking GE alarm clock that had a cool looking green led display. I bought it mainly because it had the green display. A green led display is way way way too bright. When you're in bed and the lights are off and your eyes adjust to the dark, a green led display will light up the room. I had to put a 3.5" by 5" index card over the display to block the light. Believe it or not but at night I could read the time right through the index card. I got sick of the green display and gave it to my sister with a warning about the brightness. She did not believe me until the next day. She put some type of scarf over the display to block the light. The point is, if you buy an alarm clock with a led display, make sure you get a red display. Red won't carry like other colors. I've owned green, orange, and red display clocks over the years and I will only buy red from now on. Learn from my mistakes. I've got three clock radios on a shelf in my closet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in this product., November 3, 2006
Purchased this clock radio, because it appeared to be an "atomic clock", it is not it is self setting, and did not have the correct time. Once it was set to the correct time, it kept reasonably good time. That was the good part. After having it about 1 month it just quit, and the display looked like it was saying "help" I would not recommend this product. It was replacing an Emerson "atomic clock" radio, which had also quit functioning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great clock!, November 28, 2004
Kathy Howe (California USA) - See all my reviews
I have had one of these clocks for about 3 years and love it! It's so great to have a clock that will keep running when the electricity goes off and it resets itself for daylight savings time..even knows when it's leap year and adjusts. I wish all of my clocks could do this. I bought one for my elderly father and he loves it as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, November 14, 2006
M. Jones (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
I got this clock radio from QVC because of the automatic set feature. That part worked great but it would not keep accurate time. I could set it to the correct time on Monday and by Friday it would be off 30 minutes. Finally got tired of reseting it and it' now in a landfill somewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars lithium battery doesnt keep correct time. it loses a few minutes a week, August 23, 2006
i have to reset the correct time after a week because the clock doesnt keep time accurately. it runs a little slower than it should,aside from that the clock radio is excellant

3.0 out of 5 stars OK clock radio, but ***NOT*** WWV (atomic), December 19, 2005
If your main reason to buy this product is the "SmartSet" feature, look elsewhere. This feature only restores the time after a power failure to the time generated and maintained by it's internal timing circuit which is backed up by the battery. This timing circuit may or may not be very accurate(mine looses about 2 minutes a week). When you correct the time manually, this time is stored as the current time and you will continue to gain or lose time again as per your timing circuit. Your accuracy will vary based on individual components. This is no different than any regular digital clock. The lithium backup battery is a plus, however. The WWV clocks use a radio signal to constantly correct the time for both daylight savings and inacuracies.

So, if you want an ok $25(at Target)clock radio this is it. If you want to never reset the time, find a WWV clock.

3.0 out of 5 stars My clock is 20 minutes fast, September 12, 2004
I love these clocks and I bought several of them but now there seems to be a problem. My clock is 20 minutes fast. I can't adjust it (that I know of) because it is automatic. I have 2 in my bedroom and they don't read the same. The "low battery" light is not on, I tried different outlets, I kept it unplugged for awhile but still the same. Also, I agree that these clocks are very bright. I set mine and then I have to place it face down on the dresser. Oh well at least I am a little early - still I wonder if it is going to change and then I will be late.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best clock radio I have ever owned, December 13, 2004
I have owned this radio for over 2 years (model CKS2237) and my husband and I love it. After I initially set the alarms, I have never had to reset them again and haven't for 2 years, even after power outages. I live in the country where power goes out quite frequently so this clock is outstanding. I placed my setting for the LED on dim and I have no problem with it being too bright at all. I would highly recommend it, as I have had no problems with the clock keeping the right time and the buttons work fine for us.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, May 20, 2004
By A Customer
I've tried two of these clocks, and both ended up being unreliable. The first clock worked fine for a few months; then one of the alarms stopped functioning (on the dual alarm function). I did like the clock overall, so I purchased another one, thinking perhaps this was a fluke. After just one use, the alarm on the second clock failed to go off. I'm very disappointed in this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›