Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on December 7, 2012
Bought one of these and am pretty impressed. super light weight and has all the same mounting hardware as the gopro. Has an lcd color screen to see what your pointed at before you film and for reviewing what you've filmed. One word of caution though. DO NOT USE ANY SD CARD OTHER THAN A CLASS 4 OR 5. If you use any higher class sd card the camera will malfunction when it is hooked up to the computer when attempting to review or transfer.

Emerson technical support has already told me that these cameras are a fairly new product and that there is a glich with any sd card higher than class 5. I went through 2 cameras (returned them to the store) before I contacted Emerson and they explained the problem. handles up to 32 gig BUT it has to be a class 4 or 5 only.
2929 comments|373 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
Doesn't say how deep this case is good for, but for playing in the water in Hawaii (surfing etc) this is great as long as you don't decide to walk on the bottom of the sea (haha)

Camera and accessories feel a little bit on the cheap side but works great and quality is good for the price (a cheap alternative to gopro)

Also the camera mounts ok to a motorcycle and video is a little bit jumpy because the video isn't image stabilized

Also as mentioned in a previous review, use a class 4 Micro SD card, if you use anything less or more it will freeze (I put a class 2 card in and it froze right away when recording)

Also update: the image quality in picture mode is horrible ... see my picture in the product images .. video quality is good though, just picture mode is horrible (possibly because of no image stabilization)
review image
88 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2013
This action cam is nearly a GoPro and is 1/4 the price. It is plastic, however. Remember when you buy this that it doesn't come with a motocross helmet mount-it comes with a velcro strap mount for a bicycle helmet and a 7/8" handlebar mount. Takes a terrific video, but the sound isn't good at all. Bear in mind that customer service is positively terrible, so you'll just have to deal with the seller.
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 16, 2015
I have two clips, both of my chickens. The first is in 1280x720 and the second one in 640x480.

My clips are actually changed to WMV 640x360 @ 1000kbs (Amazon video file size limits), so the quality on both clips isn't as high as the original AVI, but it does give a fair indication of differences as well as the inherent shaking/audio when held. The battery life is okay, and I have a 8GIG class 4 card in there, so a little over an hour for 640x480 shooting, and not quite 40 minutes on 1280x720.

So I like cheap camcorders... and having experience with all manner of horrible to functional quality in the under $100 price range, the Emerson is OKAY. I guess the best use for this is Outdoors on a fairly stable mount as there is zero anti-shake. The shake isn't as bad in the 640x480 mode, and the quality is pretty good even in the HD 1280x720 - as long as it's stable. Which, when you think about it, kind of kicks it in the shins as an Action Cam.

Frankly, if there was some modicum of Anti-Shake, I'd probably give this 5 stars in spite of not really being that personally useful. The included skeleton frame is AWESOME, something I had to buy separately for my Sony AS20, and all the other bits, like the bicycle mount, is good quality. The LCD screen is the main reason I bought this, and the operation is fairly intuitive (there is a little slid button to swap between camera and video modes). But when it comes to interior shooting, the quality as well as the limited angle capture really come to the "bleah" forefront, and frankly that is my most common use for camcorders.

Still, my camera works flawlessly. Charged up both through my Laptop as well as USB hubs, simple Plug-n-Play file recognition. The video is filmed in AVI, which may be something you need to take note of if you use certain editors. I know the IntelliStudio I use as well as the Microsoft Movie Maker my youngest brother uses both tend to choke and crash on AVI clips. :P

Do I wish I hadn't bought this? Nah, for the price I paid, I have seen a lot worse. I am honestly teeter-tottering between 3 and 4 stars. I had it my Wish List for a while, and when the price hit a nice low, I snapped it up. It's a cheapie, and it does function nicely as long as it's outdoors and mounted. It's small, it's light, it's economical - I'll keep it in a little bag, and who knows.
on November 26, 2014
When I first got my Emerson Go Action, I was excited to get it out and see how it works, however I couldn't get it to work unless it was plugged up. I was ready to send it back before I tried plugging the charger into a USB Wall charger. Got up this morning and tried it, works great. So before you send your camera back because it won't work, don't try to charge it through a computer. It just isn't strong enough to do it.
on December 15, 2013
I received this camera last week and used it on the 50 miles bike ride. The video turn out nicely and you can hear the sound as well. Great camera for the price. If you are thinking of getting this camera, buy the 16G SD. I've used my 4G SD and didn't captured my whole ride.
on July 24, 2013
the camera is very light. lighter then a gopro hero 3 . has its own screen unlike the gopro .the helmet mount is for a bicycle helmet not a motorcycle helmet ( i had to order a suction cup mount )
the video is great . has HD widescreen mode that is very clear .
waterproof case works great . the 1st thing i did was submerge it into a 55 gallon drum full of water and it was perfectly dry and you could see very nice underwater .
only cons i can think of is that there is a small black cap on the mount that secures the tightening nut ,that just falls out (i super glued it in place ) and the mount doesn't have a up down movement just left -right makes it a little tricky to get the picture centered on a helmet cus you have to move the whole mount on the helmet
i am very satisfied it worked better than i thought .(dont forget to adjust the settings to HD or the picture isnt so great )
on January 15, 2014
Movies are really fun to make.
The clarity is surprizing.
I bought this for my 15 & 14 year olds, and they love them.
My 15 yr old has it on his dirtbike, and my 14 yr old has one on her atv.
on August 24, 2013
I had low expectations for the price, but unfortunately even these were not met. Package arrived yesterday and I immediately tested it by walking slowly outside holding it in my hand. First off, the video is extremely shaky due to the lens, which does not capture a wide view at all which accentuates shaking and vibration. For those familiar with 35mm cameras this lens is a 50mm equivalent, or about half as wide as a standard wide-angle lens on most cameras. Doesn't even come close to a gopro. Secondly, the video is distorted, and becomes stretched near the edges of the frame - so as subjects move around the frame they look like they are in a funny-house mirror. This is probably due to a very cheap plastic lens. After looking at these videos on my PC, and even trying to correct the shake and distortion with my pro video editing software, I declared this a failed experiment and boxed it up for return. Not sure yet whether I am going to spring for a gopro (probably) or just use the video on my hand-held camera for now.

I'll give this two stars because I could see how it might work for relatively still applications such as shooting or just as a kid's toy camera. But for any real action like biking - even road biking for which I intended to use it - I think you will be very disappointed.

I've uploaded the test video so you can see what I mean about the shaking and distortion. I promise I was holding the camera as still as possible!
55 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2013
I use this camera for paintball. Housing has takin direct hits still no problems. Steal of the century. Don't waste your money on other like it you can get three or four of these for same cost