Emerson MW8999RD, 0.9 CU. FT. 900 Watt, Touch Control, Red Microwave Oven
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Red Front, Black Cabinet
- 10 Power Levels
- Time and weight defrost
- Express Cooking
- 99-Minutes, 99-Second Digital Timer
- Memory & kitchen timer function
- 8 auto-cooking menus
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This Emerson microwave was a gift and within a year it died. If you google this microwave, it has a lot of reliability issues. Since it was a gift, I did not have the receipt but after going up the chain, I was given an authorization to send this microwave back. Emerson's policy on faulty microwaves such as the Emerson 900 watt is to make customers pay to ship it back (cost $32) AND enclose a $15 check inside the box. $47.00 to mail this microwave back!!! So much for standing up for their product.
Don't buy this microwave if you care about reliability as this is the Yugo of microwaves.
GOOGLE "Emerson 900 RED microwave unsafe or hazardous" or something to that effect. I forgot to mention this microwave blew my electrical circuit or whatever so that the outlet it was plugged into along with several others no longer worked. I have a relatively new electrical panel and all switches were in the "on" position but I flipped all the switches back and forth anyway-no dice. Called an electrician who fixed whatever the problem was but charged me. He told me not to plug the microwave back in. This microwave is a hazard and there are many posts on line indicating this also.
UPDATE: I've had this microwave for three years now and still love it!
After a little over 2 months, I wish it would just blow up so I can get rid of it!
Here are just a few of the problems with this oven:
1. It takes FOREVER TO HEAT anything. And the heating is spotty at best. I have to put everything in for about 2X as long as any other oven I've ever used.
2. The outside of the oven gets EXTREMELY HOT after about 2 minutes. I can barely feel any exhaust coming from it. If I want to cook a meal in it, I have to put a desk fan in front of it to keep it cool. I can't have anything on top ~ not even a paper towel ~ because the exhaust on top is so weak, it overheats.
3. The inside is almost too small for a splatter shield to fit over a plate.
4. The buttons are so hard to push, you have to hold onto the oven so it doesn't move away from you.
5. Speaking of buttons, they have ALL BLISTERED UP & ARE ABOUT TO PEEL OFF.
I HATE THIS OVEN. DO NOT BOTHER WITH IT! IT IS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY!
UPDATE: TODAY IS 8 AUGUST 2013.
This past Tuesday, I heated my coffee in this piece of junk. (it takes 3 minutes to heat a cup of coffee!) Anyway, the cycle stopped & when I opened the door, THE TURNTABLE BEGAN TURNING WITH THE POWER ON!! I had to unplug the stupid thing to get it to stop! After that happened, and I plugged it back in, THE ONLY WAY IT WOULD COME ON IS IF THE DOOR WAS OPEN!!
SO... THANK GOODNESS THE STUPID THING HAS FINALLY DIED!! I WENT OUT TO TARGET AND BOUGHT A SHARP. AGAIN, IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING BUYING THIS THING BECAUSE IT LOOKS NICE & IT'S CHEAP, DON'T DO IT!!!!
I owned one of these a couple years ago. I bought it because I loved the color, and it matched my electric tea kettle and toaster. Almost exactly a year after I bought it, it stopped working. It made a horrible grating noise and, while the plate turned inside, there was no heat. I tossed it and ended up moving into a house that had an existing microwave for my use.
We just moved into a new place a couple weeks ago. I decided to give the microwave a try again because I can't get away from that red color. I love it. Also, my mom owns the same one and hers has worked just fine (she bought hers after I bought my first one because she also loved the color). I thought my first one was probably just a dud and figured the likelihood of anything going wrong was small.
I brought the new microwave home just over a week ago and it worked just fine - until today. I heated up some pancakes and I removed them. I put in some veggie sausages to heat up and when I pushed the 30-second button there was that loud grating sound again. And no more heat. After looking around online, I see this is a common problem. And I'm a real dummy for not checking it out before wasting my time and money.
Now I get to pack it up and return it for my money back, and the $5 Target ripped me off for when they overcharged me (it was supposed to be on sale for $64.99 but I was charged $69.99).
Two strikes and this red lemon is out! I guess I'll do a little homework now and find one that will actually work.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought one and it burned out in less than a year. Bought a second and it also burned out in under a year. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Brian C Gebhardt
Received this microwave as a gift in November 2011. Worked OK until around April 2015. Stopped heating. I even checked the switches inside, but they were all still good. Read morePublished 1 month ago by RADIOLOGIX
This microwave lasted almost two years. In that time I mainly used the quick heating function by hitting start for a 30 sec heating and continuing to to tap start until I got to... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Kevin Tierney
I've had this microwave for five years with no problems at all. I'm looking to replace it with the same one because the inside is stained. Read morePublished 7 months ago by LUCILLE HOGAN
GREAT heat time works well on meals that cook over 10 minute. without the cord feeling. warmPublished 7 months ago by tina flemmons
Very cute piece of junk microwave, don't waste your money on it. Mine lasted less than 2 yearsPublished 8 months ago by 2lazylabs
after 5 years this microwave finally crapped out. But for the cost I definitely got my money's worth and would recommend it to an average user.Published 8 months ago by N. Villa