4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value
I really like my Emerson microwave. It didn't come with instructions on the grill but it was not hard to figure out. I have used the grill and like it.

I have not had to use customer service but the hours should not be a problem as I have a cell phone and can call most any time during the time they are open.

I clean the grill when I clean my...
Published on July 7, 2010 by cinderrelic

2.0 out of 5 stars New Purchase
We recently purchased this item because our 10 year old microwave was on its last legs. I liked this model because it had grilling possibilites shown on the carton. Major concern after we brought it home---no instructions on how to use the grill in the users manual . Customer service only available from 8am to 4:30pm Mon to Fri. Any idea what my working hours are? It...
Published on November 14, 2009 by Gail Long

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, June 20, 2011
This review is from: Emerson MWG9111SL Microwave Oven With Grill - Stainless Steel
The grill function doesn't work well at all, so the lack of instructions for it isn't really a bad thing. Programming in 1 minute, 10 minute, 1 second, and 10 second intervals is annoying. If you don't open the door right away when it's done (say, you're busy with the entrée while microwaving some vegetables) it beeps. And beeps. And beeps. Until you stop what you're doing and go open the door. On the other hand, if you open the door the second it's done, it still beeps to let you know it's done. Really? I hadn't noticed that when I opened the door.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, Arcing Elements, May 16, 2011
I bought this microwave around a year ago, and it constantly trips the breaker in my kitchen. Tonight I used it to thaw some food and it started arcing on the grilling element. Glad I stayed in the kitchen while it was defrosting. DO NOT LEAVE THE KITCHEN IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE! You could burn down your house/apartment.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a piece of JUNK!, March 30, 2011
Luckily this was given to me and i never had to pay for it! I think the microwave is possessed by demons!!!! Sometimes it overheats! Sometimes it stops while your using it! Sometimes it runs, then the light dims and the turntable is still running and the microwave smells like its about to catch on fire!!! Thankfully i just got my new microwave in the mail..... My new microwave is a sharp not an emerson! I will never buy and emerson product ever again! BEWARE of this product, unless you want to burn your house down!!!!! I would rate this product a zero!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars better value than most, August 5, 2011
I don't like disagreeing with others but I love my microwave. It has proven to be nice and powerful, comparing it to a Sharp and G.E. I used so often I wore them out. I looked high and low for a unit that also had a heating unit, which this does. It does not cook like an oven with a traditional temp. knob to adjust. It also is not likely to be the main means of cooking. But, so many items are better with a browned top or crust, it just cant be beat. It takes longer with the heater as the food would never cook and brown in such a fast time as most microwaves, so you must experiment with times. But I have made single pie crusts in 15 minutes with the filling cooked outside of the crust like blueberry and individual macaronni and cheese single servings in 20 minutes etc. They taste like they were cooked in the regular oven for a change. Think of a toaster oven and microwave combined so your closer to what it can do. The boost of microwave power is just a plus. It takes experimentation as the cookbook is poor, as was the Sharp's and G.E.'s. too.

5.0 out of 5 stars owned microwave grill for 20 years, February 2, 2014
For the record recently purchased model mwg9115sb for a week and after seeing all the negative reviews thought I share my opinion on this what I call mw oven hybrid which I had for 2 decades forgot my original hybrid that lasted 10 yrs but that went thru a lot during my college years now the one replacing the emerson I had also lasted 10 yrs was the samsung toast n bake and loved using it with a bit more maturity in my married life. Aside from basic reheating of food I also use it to steam rice by mw average 10 mins daily which probably caused the rust build up to have that arcing crackling noise you see from other reviews apparantly there's a $5 fix you can see in Utube but I figured after a decade would like to checkout any improvements about this hybrid and retire my old one btw still can grill. So this new one is a lot simpler in design for easy clean up but basically the same like mw glass and rotating wheel bottom for the mw part but my samsung had heating elements on the bottom also. Anyways so back to this model saw all the negatives and did my torture tests figured I can return before the 30 days to walmart concerned about the paint peeling interior too early to see any signs but seems similar to my old one even the plastic ring that broke on my old one but still kept rotating suprised the design hasn't changed a bit. So the reheating and rice cooking ok this time wiping excess moisture seems like this 1100 watt definitely more power then the 900 watt I used to have and was satisfied with it then. Now the browning part was a bit peculiar to me because on the old one I would take mw glass and plastic ring out thinking oven mode at 400 degrees might melt it having 2 elements, now this one has a top browner element only which I like for ease of not taking the plastic off but will probably not brown anything for more then 25 mins at a time. I tried toasting some slices for 7 mins and it rotates while doing so compared to my old was stationary to my suprised toasted well and evenly the top of slices which would be great say for a toasty top crust pie or searing top of steak or salmon of what I usually use for. So far so good on my first week and will update and keep posting on my actual cooking keeping fingers crossed and rating 5 stars for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Emerson, November 27, 2013
I have had my Emerson for 2 + years. Still runs. Went online and found recipes for browning. Inside is starting to peal. Always works. I used my microwave at least 4 times a day. Easier than starting the oven especially in the summer. I see someone said you can not increase or decrease the time..Oh yes you can. It is called push the keypad for how long you want it to cook...i.e. 3.42 and it will defrost, brown, cook for that amount of time. Had another brand for 6 years. Cost was $700. was a convection oven also. It died and could not get it repaired. It is more cost efficient to buy a new Emerson every 3 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad buy..., February 17, 2013
After 16 months it broke..
A piece of junk. My last microwave lasted 12 years not 16 months. I will never buy another produce with the name Emerson on it

1.0 out of 5 stars A fire waiting to happen, May 9, 2012
If I could give ZERO stars, I would! This is a DANGEROUS piece of junk.
I received as a gift from my dad & his girlfriend when we renovated our kitchen. The top "grill" makes a buzzing/humming noise & sparks almost everytime I use the microwave. It is now beginning to char inside from repeated burning.
Usually if I stop then re-start the microwave, the sparking will stop. I dont use for more than 1 minute at a time for fear of the unit catching fire. I did put in a complaint with UL (who tested the unit for safety) and an waiting to hear back. Emerson told me since its out of warranty, I have to pay to have repaired on my own.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Emerson product EVER!!!, April 20, 2012
Karen (Hi Hat, Cayman Islands) - See all my reviews
I bought this microwave at Wal Mart but it is just a dangerous product so I thought I should post about it. If you google the model number you will see that a lot of people have the same problem that I have - sometimes it will not shut off. If you call customer service, they will tell you to take it to a local service tech which would cost more than buying a new one since they are dirt cheap to being with and the warranty is only good for a year. Bad product from Emerson and their customer service acts like you interrupted their daughters wedding when you call them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fire Hazard Microwave, December 10, 2011
Emerson Microwave Model MWG9111SL is a fire hazard. It is a beautiful microwave from outside and works very nice for a short period of time. "BUT" I won't recommend it for purchase. My Microwave was on fire it burned and melted the wires on the left side even do I had a surge protector. Please check reviews online and you'll be convinced cause the bad reviews this particular model has. Thank You!