4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me...
I had to fabricate my own mounting clamp for this for 2 reasons.
1. clamp that came with the unit was too small for my 09 Honda VTX 1300R.
2. the holder itself looked weak due to plastic construction, VTX 1300 vibrates a lot.
3. it's larger(the lighter/socket assembly) than the photo shows and I needed the extra length to the holder for clearance.
The...
Published on May 29, 2010 by H.T.M

3.0 out of 5 stars works good
Could be better but works fine as designed dfg dfg dsfg sfdg dsfg gfh fsgh sfdgh sdfg sdfg sdf fdg fds
Published 24 months ago by Rider

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me..., May 29, 2010
I had to fabricate my own mounting clamp for this for 2 reasons.
1. clamp that came with the unit was too small for my 09 Honda VTX 1300R.
The weatherproof cap is not too snug so, it may be better to leave the lighter in place. At least it'll keep the rain/water from going into the socket.
The wires that's supplied is way too short for handlebar mount, unless you want to splice into your existing system, like headlight, that comes on when the ignition is turned on...hey, when the lighter is not used, it won't draw any current any way so why cut into the wiring? Just get some extra wires and connectors and go direct to the battery positive terminal. You can put the ground(black wire) anywhere metallic.
For whatever accessories you plan to use this, make sure you have the right fuse installed for universal use. My rule of thumb is 150% of max amp the device uses. example: If device draws 1 amp max, I'll put in a 1.5 amp fuse. You might want to have some extra sizes handy for various devices, if possible. A 1 amp device with 10 amp fuse installed to be used for the most powerful device you got is NOT a good idea!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered, February 13, 2011
Ninjaneer (Space Coast, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emgo Handlebar-Mount Cigarette Lighter 86-44410
The first thing that caught my attention, was the very-well written instructions. The assembly is very rugged and except for the exposed back-end should weather storms. With this being advertised to be handlebar mounted, it got me questioning why the manufacturer would leave the electrical wiring unprotected instead of somehow putting the connections inside somekind of screw-on sleeving. They do try to cover their tracks with a weak disclaimer in the instructions--something to the effect of "mount this in weather-proof area", but come-on, this is suppose to be mounted on motorcycle bars! Anyways, I slapped on a thick layer of liquid electrical tape around the entire back end and PRESTO the perfect 12V power socket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for my dual sport bike, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Emgo Handlebar-Mount Cigarette Lighter 86-44410
Works like it should. Put on my 7/8 bars a year ago and still holds fine. Powers my gps and air compressor. The actual lighter is cheaply made and broke after 3-4 weeks. Bought another lighter and no problems since. It is one of the few made that can actually be used as a cigarette lighter due to the metal inside rather than the plastic many other outlets are made of. Overall, I have no regrets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the price, July 23, 2011
This review is from: Emgo Handlebar-Mount Cigarette Lighter 86-44410
There are better more pricey units out there but for the price, it does what is advertised with one weakness--couldn't mount to handlebar due to clamp size and wiring length. Instead, mounted it on right passenger floorboard bracket which is within easy reach for wires to battery and charger for cell extending from right jacket pocket straight down to it. As for the exposed electrical wiring and fitting at bottom, black automotive vacuum tubing (available in varying diameters--split the side if you have to for fuse fitting) works great for covering wiring and hot glue for sealing it to exposed fitting connection. One caution: make sure when mounting, the cap hinge is positioned to the front of the unit/bike so if the cap comes loose at 60 with a 30 mph head wind it won't snap off like my first one did when mounted at the rear of unit. When I know in advance I'll be riding in rain, I add a wrap of electrical tape to the cap bottom for added sealing. Wouldn't recommend leaving lighter plugged in while riding or bypassing/excluding the fuse. Haven't had a problem with quality of the plastic clamp in 4 years of use of first one purchased. Never broke, always snug. Oh yes, bike mounted on: Rigid-mount '86 Heritage Softtail (lots of vibration). No problem recommending for purchase. Shipping was as advertised. Received within 4 days in original new packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike Lighter, July 10, 2010
Good piece of gear for both lighting cigars on the ride and plugging in a gps.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Emgo Handlebar-Mount Cigarette Lighter 86-44410
great for riding long distance or just tooling around town. just make sure the wind don't catch it great price

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE ONE YOU NEED!, May 15, 2014
Amazon Customer (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emgo Handlebar-Mount Cigarette Lighter 86-44410
I LOVE THIS ITEM!!! VERY WELL MADE!!! I was hesitant at first, but I have bought one for all my bikes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, May 13, 2014
This review is from: Emgo Handlebar-Mount Cigarette Lighter 86-44410
This product is awesome. Only thing I didn't like was that it didn't have clamps on the other end. Any do-it-yourself guy can add them though.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, April 27, 2014
This review is from: Emgo Handlebar-Mount Cigarette Lighter 86-44410
Works great. easy install. No complaints. It was a replacement item. Had 1 before. Lost lighter on the road bounced out of my hand. Will buy again if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, top notch seller, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Emgo Handlebar-Mount Cigarette Lighter 86-44410
I've purchased a couple of these now. Both times they arrived ahead of the promised delivery. The lighter itself is good quality, installs easily, and holds up. I bought the 1st one over a year ago and have had no problems with it. I bought a second one as a dedicated power source for my heated gloves. I'm a daily rider so they're subjected to the elements and after a year still looks and operates like new. I recommend the product and seller highly!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›