Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Emily Post's Etiquette, 18th Edition (Emily Post's Etiquette)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 6, 2012
If you are into knowing all there is to know about etiquette, this is the book for you. It has been updated from the original version to include information about e-mail etiquette, even social networking etiquette. It touches on everything from weddings to occupational etiquette, nothing is left out. Easy read, well indexed so finding specific information is a breeze. Don't settle for other etiquette books, Emily Post and her family wrote the original book, investing in this is worth the small amount of money paid for such a well put together edition. It's a hefty book too, so you will not be disappointed with the plethora of information it provides.
on June 27, 2014
Emily Post is definitely one of the most well known names in manners and etiquette. However, that being said, I was hoping for a more classic explanation of etiquette, instead of a "this is how it should be done nowadays." All in all, still a very helpful book for those of us who are a bit more rough around the edges than other. And helpful for more formal situations that many of us might not be used to.
on January 15, 2015
Who doesn't love Emily Post? Besides the Bible, this is my go to book. lol I gave this book as engagements gifts to two of my girlfriends and they love it! They can use it for everyday life, planning their wedding, and everything after. I have the 18th edition myself but I'm pretty sure I'll be buying the 19th edition whenever it comes out. :-)
on March 26, 2014
This book is worth the price! It's BEAUTIFUL! Not to mention it is FILLED with practical, useful, even fun advice! I bought the book when it was suggested by a friend, but I was incredibly skeptical that it would be relevant- I was wrong. :) I intended on using it as a coffee book table, thinking it would spend a lot of time sitting around- when in fact, I've referenced the book countless times since it arrived! :) Weddings, Facebook- any social situation you can name- its in there! Some may argue the price is a little steep- but I believe you get what you pay for and this is the prefect example. Add it to your cart- you won't regret it!
on July 25, 2014
great tool. it gives you the tools to handle all the classic situations but it also is full of advice for all the modern situations with smart phones, email, text ect. very good resource. after reading and applying the advice in this text I'm told all the time what a gentleman I am.
on May 22, 2012
I purchased this for my 14 year old son who's manners were less than to be desired. It was great! I beleave that it should be mandatory reading for all teens, this up to date verson is much easier to read than what my mother made me read 20 years ago. I think with every geration we are loosing our manners and forgetting what is expected in a civialized society. I really liked it on my Kindle Fire because I was able to highlight the area's that I wanted him to read rather than have him reading the whole book ( I'm sure wedding planning is not anything he will need soon )
on January 23, 2015
The author try's to put readers in a box and assumes that all situations and people are the "same". The author doesn't create authenticity or practical suggestions. The advice that is "practical" is so common knowledge that you will be dissapointed that you wasted your time reading it.
on February 6, 2012
Like the original book, this book is updated to contain what is the proper etiquette for most of lifes big and small occasions. I bought this for the bridal shower and wedding information. It was a great help. If you don't know how to write a thank you note, the suggestions are invaluable. Who to place where at dinners, is also very helpful and informative.
on January 3, 2015
I bought this as a hostess gift for a friend that loves proper etiquette. She loved the book, and it was actually a party favorite because party goers were looking up siturpations to determine what was proper etiquette. The book still has a very Emily Post feel, but, with the update, it is much more applicable to modern day! Wonderful re-write.
on November 21, 2014
I love this book! I keep it on my library table right beside my unabridged dictionary. This practical, extremely well thought out and written book gives me the information I need. I am no longer in wondering what to do with certain situations. I look it up in Emily Post's Etiquette. This is far more than good manners. Thank you to the Post family for this extraordinary resource.