5.0 out of 5 stars Caution: This book can become addicting...
OMG! Emily's Affair had my attention from the first chapter. I could practically picture Lee as she sets out to coax Jake into a no-strings affair, while Jake and her friends, Marilyn and Booker, have their own plans for "The Barracuda". LOL
The laugh out loud parts should come with a "Spew Warning" so be careful with hot and cold beverages.
Published on September 4, 2011 by Crazy Writer

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful
A twenty-eight year old virgin heroine who has multiple orgasms from just the sound of the hero's voice... The plot continues downhill for another two hundred and forty pages. Bad writing, unbelievable plot, contrived sexual encounters, unlikeable characters, this book has it all. Once again, Amazon needs to let us award minus stars. Emily's Affair deserves them all.
Published on October 23, 2012 by Germaine

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, October 23, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good..., October 30, 2012
This review is from: Emily's Affair (Kindle Edition)
Ok I am currently reading this book and had to stop to say how much I already dislike this book. I may not even finish it. The characters do not interest me in the least and the worst part is the dialogue between Emily and her friends! It's just plain "dumb"...I couldn't stand to be around real people that acted like them or spoke to each other this way. And not to mention the whole thing thus far is totally unbeleivable and unrealistic and I am only a few chapter in. I READ A LOT...all the time pretty much, and this is just horrible. I may try to finish it but it looks doubtful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caution: This book can become addicting..., September 4, 2011
Crazy Writer (North Carolina) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars As Wonderful As The Cover!, March 8, 2012
This review is from: Emily's Affair (Kindle Edition)
Well, yes, I downloaded this one because of the cover (smile). I think I might even make it the background on my phone, computer, wall poster, whatever...

Wow! If only men were as insightful as Jake. I had not read a story by Elijana Kindel (great name for an e-book author) before, but really enjoyed this one and would read more by her. Apparently, she is going to make a series out of the characters in this book and I would definitely like to hear Marilyn and Trace's story along with Tabitha's.

Emily had to grow up too quickly as her mother was an addict and tried to commit suicide when Emily was 17. Running away from home, Emily lived on the streets and eventually was saved by Marilyn who gave her hope. Stubbornness and determination earned her the name "Miss Emma-Lee-The Barracuda-Stafford" in the business world where she was a CEO of her own company. At 28, Emily was still a virgin and she was determined never to give her heart away and open herself up for any more pain. When she saw Jake, she decided she wanted an affair as he was just too sexy to pass up.

Jake was a partial owner of a bar with his best friends. At 33, he had been through college but only to please his father and later decided he wanted to live his own life. When he met Emily, he knew he wanted more than just one night with her but that she was not looking for more. He planned to make her need him and figure out a way to have a relationship with her. Once he saw how her past had hardened her against love, he works twice as hard to not let her push him away.

This was a beautiful and romantic love story that had extremely interesting characters with hurtful pasts. As with all romances, there were parts that were a little far-fetched in order to make the heroine virginal despite her past and her present wanton ways. Some minor issues that bothered me besides Emily's sexual abilities were: 1) We never found out Jake's secret to why he started drinking. 2) Jake was just too perfect in figuring out women. 3) The character's imagined sexual encounters were hotter than when they actually had sex, which was merely referred to briefly. 4) Once they fell in love, it would have been nice if they made love instead of just having more sex. Emily needed to be loved and Jake seemed like he would have been able to show her.

In the end, this is going in my romantic file to be read over again and to remind me that I like this author. Other books similar to this one that I liked are: A Modern Love Story by Jolyn Palliata, Binding Arbitration, A Chick Lit/Contemporary Romance Novel by Elizabeth Marx and On Thin Ice by Eve Gaddy

Would I/Did I buy it? Free Download
Would I read it again? Yes
Would I recommend it to friends? Yes

4.0 out of 5 stars Steaming & Smokin' !, September 17, 2011
This review is from: Emily's Affair (Kindle Edition)
Prepare to have the air-conditioner on for this one. Memorable characters, fun storyline. Emily's Affair is a gem of a find. Fun, sassy, steamy and sexy with a hero to die for and a heroine that so needs this man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emily's Affair, September 22, 2012
This review is from: Emily's Affair (Kindle Edition)
Emily's and Jake affair is hot! I loved the story line is funny at times, yes is not literary masterpiece but you will enjoy the book. It is nice to have a man be the one wanting the serious relationship for a change. The build up and delivery are amazing, read and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!!!!, July 22, 2011
This review is from: Emily's Affair (Kindle Edition)
Personally, this book started off kind of slow for me. Then I hit about page four and look out, I couldn't put it down after that. Emily "Lee" Stafford was a great character, but Jake Greyden was just like the cover, hot, hot, hot. I hope Ms. Kindel publishes another book soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounded good, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Emily's Affair (Kindle Edition)
Very disappointed in the book. I could not finish reading this. She is a virgin but can get off by his voice.....I wish.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a cute story, October 4, 2012
This review is from: Emily's Affair (Kindle Edition)
All Lee wants is to have her first experience with a man to be with Jake along with a no-strings attached agenda. All Jake wants is a lasting relationship and he thinks Lee is the one for him. But is Lee willing to admit to herself that she needs someone in her life just as much or is she destined to a life of solitude? This was a cute story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't sure what to expect..., May 16, 2012
This review is from: Emily's Affair (Kindle Edition)
Whenever I download a freebie I never know if it will be worth the time investment... This definitely was! I was a little concerned with the way the story was going to progress when Emily (Lee the Barracuda) Stafford has a ... you know... just by hearing Jake's voice... in the mailroom... I thought, uh oh it's one "those" books... all sex and no story. Then Emily calls her friend Marilyn and you realize this woman is damaged, lonely and scared... That she hides behind her corporate alter ego to protect her heart. Jake is a recovering alcoholic/bar owner (hmm, Sam Malone from "Cheers"?) who has been lusting after his neighbor for a couple of months... when they meet up in the mail room the sparks are instant and explosive... Unlike most stories passing for romance, this story doesn't immediately evolve into a fall into bed. This couple falls in love, but still has some trust issues. When Emily's "big secret" is revealed to Jake, the reaction is human...
I really enjoyed the supporting cast of characters and hope that the author gets us Marilyn, Booker, Katie, Alex and Nick's stories... These players were interesting enough to warrant a return visit, I just hope that Ms. Kindle is a prolific writer and that the stories don't take a few years to emerge!

The author's notes at the end talk about how this was the first book she ever wrote, considering how much I enjoyed it, I'm glad it's not the last!

Emily's Affair