5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaver for Me
To use this product, one has to accept that most methods of hair removal are painful. No, the Emjoi Tweeze is not painless, but if you want to rip your hair out by the roots - whether by tweezing or waxing - don't be shocked if it ends up hurting!

Published on December 18, 2007 by Miriam H.

1.0 out of 5 stars Promises big, delivers little
Published on February 2, 2007 by Judy Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaver for Me, December 18, 2007
This review is from: Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer (Health and Beauty)

Why do I like this product so much? Other reviewers have said that a regular tweezer works just as well. That might be true, but if you want to remove more than a few hairs, regular tweezing is time-consuming and frustrating. Also, it is hard to get pefectly hairless skin with a regular tweezer.

Waxing and tweezing are not options for me because a hormonal problem causes the hair to grow back very quickly. I can't wax or tweeze often enough. Also, I have very sensitive skin that reacts adversely to those methods of hair-removal.

Using the Emjoi Tweeze has been a lifesaver for me. I use the Tweeze once a week for about 10 minutes. I use it on my upper lip and chin and a little bit on the sides of my face. Because my skin is also prone to breakouts, I clean my skin well and then apply hydrogen peroxide with a cotton ball. I do this both before and after hair-removal. I use an oil-free moisturizer a little later on to prevent the peroxide from drying out my skin.

This kind of hair removal can sometimes cause an ingrown hair problem, and I do have that problem when I use an epilator on my legs, but I do not have any ingrown hairs on my face at all from using the Tweeze. For those who do have ingrown hairs, there are lotions that claim to solve that.

About the pain:
This does hurt, especially on the upper lip (which would hurt just as much if waxing, for example). However, the key to using this device is being consistent. I can't stress this enough. If you use an epilator once in a while when you're in the mood for smooth skin, it will hurt a lot. But if you use it consistently - say once a week - after the third week or so, the pain will be greatly diminished. Use it even if only a few hairs grew back. Don't wait until it's "worth it" for you to take out the epilator, because by the time you wait for that to happen, you'll be at the point where it will hurt a lot.

I have found that using the Tweeze consistently accomplishes three things:
1. It becomes less painful with time.
2. Hairs grow back more slowly.
3. Hairs are easier to remove. The process is much, much quicker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Good for me., April 14, 2006
This review is from: Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer (Health and Beauty)
This little gadget really gets the job done for removing hairs from the facial area. Ok, I'll admit that it does hurt a little, but so does tweezing. I used to dread looking under my chin for facial hairs and pulling out the tweezers. Now, I just pull out my emjoi and in a few minutes or so I am done. It hurts a little more above the lip area, but tweezing and shaving is even worse. The best part is staying hairless for a week or so. It doesn't make the hair grow in thicker at all. Today, I am purchasing one for each of my sisters. So if you can handle just a little bit of temporary uncomfort for a few minutes, go for it. What a time saver, a great product and an excellent price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for upper lip hair but keep your tweezer!, September 17, 2006
This review is from: Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer (Health and Beauty)
This is best for my upper lip fine hair but useless for sparse, stubby, thick hair that often sprouts on the chin. So don't throw your tweezer just yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll never wax again!, January 7, 2007
This review is from: Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer (Health and Beauty)
I can't believe I haven't tried this sooner! I bought it for upper lip use specifically and I'll never go back to waxing. In about a minute, all my fuzz was gone. It couldn't be easier and didn't hurt much at all. Just wish it could do my eyebrows too! Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute best money I ever spent!!!, November 30, 2006
This review is from: Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer (Health and Beauty)
Absolute best money I ever spent!!! Being an Italian I am prone to hairy chin and mustache. As I got older it was more like beard and mustache. I used to use hot wax. Never again. This has truly been the easiest and most efficient way to remove facial hair. I highly recomend it. Is it painful? A little but no where near as painful as hot wax. Try it youll love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for area-specific hair removal, February 22, 2007
This review is from: Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer (Health and Beauty)
I bought the "Tweeze" specifically for the hairs that I was always having to pluck under my chin. As opposed to having to have great light and actually being able to see the hairs when plucking, the "Tweeze" gets the hairs you can't even see. The pain is nowhere equal to plucking. I use it at least every other day and I am delighted with the results. On a few occasions I have used it on my cheeks and there is a little more discomfort, but nothing unbearable. I recommend this product 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars R U Kidding me?, September 25, 2007
This review is from: Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer (Health and Beauty)
This product is amazing. If you have chin hairs and always get in the car to go somewhere and then notice you didn't pluck them all....and spent an hour trying to nab all the dirty bast...you will love this product. Ya, it stings when it gets ahold of a good one but I don't care...it is so much faster than when I do it one at a time and what tweezer doesn't hurt?

This thing is fast and easy to use. You slide it down your throat and one at a time at a high rate of speed comes out. Maintaining the now cleaned face will be easy. I can do it anywhere. I do a little at a time when I have a large area to do especially on the face. Its wonderful and if you don't like to use harmful chemicals on your face then this is the way to go. Sissies should use the one at a time method.

The rest of us that want a clean, thorough job quickly; buy this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Promises big, delivers little, February 2, 2007
This review is from: Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer (Health and Beauty)
I bought two of these - one for myself and one for my husband. I thought he could use it on his ears and around his mustache and I wanted it for my chin, since we both work on these areas with tweezers. Unfortunately, it fails to deliver. It does not pick up the little hairs and if you wait until they are big enough, it is too late - you can already see them, so need to groom before they will work with the device. Longer hairs have to be trimmed to be picked up, so now you have two steps involved. I should have returned, but it is too much of a hassle and too expensive. Back to my tweezers, they work lots better and are much cheaper - and no batteries required!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough, January 16, 2008
Bex (Drums, PA) - See all my reviews
This product isn't easy to use or clean, and its quite painful. It did not retard hair growth. It did not do a thorough job; hand tweezing was required afterwards. Tried it on my legs, too; another disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tweeze is not a disapointment, February 17, 2007
This review is from: Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer (Health and Beauty)
Tweeze working great for facial hair on you upper lip, a little bit more challenging for under your chin. Overall I love it, it isn't anymore painful then tweezers and does a much better, faster job

Emjoi AP-9T Tweeze Tweezer