5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first kayak
My wife wanted this for her birthday. Actually she wanted any kayak. After coming here and checking through the list most were inflatable. It was only Emotion that had a real hard shell kayak at this price range. The fact that it is available in so many different colors you can find the perfect one that your boater would enjoy.

Her first trip out. We went out...
Published on June 22, 2010 by Geekdomo

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit and Finish
I bought two Emotion Glide Kayaks recently. They come shipped in bubble wrap. One of the kayak's drain plugs was damaged during shipping and Amazon was quick to call the manufacturer to send me another which I got a week later. I think the boats will be what I expected when I bought them but, I am pretty disappointed in the quality control. While handling one for the...
Published on April 28, 2011 by Steve D

5.0 out of 5 stars First look....looks great!, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Emotion Glide Kayak (Sports)
I just received this kayak about an hour ago, so this review is just for how it arrived and what it looks like out of water. The cockpit is wider than I thought it would be, but I am also a small person (5'6" 135). The new blow mold has thigh pads and a cup holder on the seat which I am very excited about. I love how pointed the tips are on this Kayak. It should track great. I own a few inflatable kayaks, but this is my first hard kayak. And for the price and so far the look of quality, I think it is the best deal out there. I love the lime green. The weight is pretty light. I got this and plan on putting a few rod holders on it to turn into an angler kayak.

Shipping: It shipped in just bubble wrap and the wrap was ripped in a few places, but except few a couple of black marks on the top, it came in perfect condition. It took 2 days longer than estimated, but in time for me to take it out fishing this weekend. I plan on adding to this review after that trip to comment on performance.

2.0 out of 5 stars An Impressed Kayak Newbie, July 21, 2011
This review is from: Emotion Glide Kayak (Sports)
Got off to a bit of a rough start when the delivery process stalled and the kayak sat at JFK for 3 days. When it finally made it to CT I decided to just go to CEVA and pick it up since the option they provided was to schedule delivery the following week and I wanted it for the weekend.

The next day I took it to a lake and paddled approx 4 miles and had a blast the whole time. I did it again the next day for a bit longer. Saw some beavers up close, lots of turtles, fish jumping, low flying birds, stuff I never saw up close like that before and it was a lot more interesting and fun than I anticipated. Got the kayak because I need to start running again to lose some weight but knee is giving me grief. Thought the kayak would limit me to an arm workout but that is not where I'm sore today. Seems like more of a whole body exercise. I watched dozens of YouTube instructional videos and feel like I have the hang of it. Eventually I will pair up with some other people and get some feedback on form from them.

Very stable kayak. I never once felt like I was going flip. Only home on the weekends so I think I will continue to do the 3 hour early morning rowing circuit on weekends and maybe start exploring some other lakes. I never kayaked before but this one meets my needs for some type of enjoyable outdoor workout. I am not one of those types that will criticize it against other kayaks in different price classes because it is significantly cheaper than most others. Tracks pretty straight and you can keep a decent pace with it. I think, though, with stability comes wideness, and with wideness comes slowness. I am not racing in this thing so speed isn't a concern, and it isn't all THAT slow. You do notice quickly how the glide diminishes after you stop paddling. Bought this purely off all the positive reviews of others and I am pleased as well.

Summary (I am not an expert):
Pros
- Stable/Easy for somebody new to the sport
- Price
- Adequately sturdy
- Tracks pretty well
- Wicked fun
- Comfortable

Cons
- A little draggy due to it's width, but not terrible.
- Amazon uses CEVA to ship and they missed the estimated delivery date by a couple days (would have been about a week if I didn't go and pick it up myself).

5.0 out of 5 stars STILL WAITING FOR SECOND KAYAK, July 22, 2010
Samuel George (Hallstead, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emotion Glide Kayak (Sports)
LIKED THE KAYAK SO FAR; SO I ORDERED A SECOND ONE; HOWEVER ALMOST A MONTH HAS PASSED AND I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY SECOND KAYAK. FIRST ONE ORDERED ON JUNE 27TH & IT ARRIVED ON JULY 7TH (SHIPPED FROM AMAZON VIA PILOT FREIGHT). ORDERED A SECOND ONE ON JUNE 30TH TO HAVE FOR OUR VACATION ON JULY 15TH. TRACKING INFO (THIS ONE SHIPPED VIA CEVA FREIGHT) SAID IT WOULD BE DELIVERED JULY 13TH; IT DID NOT ARRIVE. CALLED CEVA FREIGHT ON JULY 13TH AND THEY PROMISED TO DELIVER ON JULY 14TH FOR MY VACATION. THEY DID NOT DELIVER AS PROMISED. CONTACTED THEM AGAIN; THEY PROMISED TO DELIVER ON JULY 21ST WHEN I WOULD BE BACK FROM VACATION; AGAIN, THEY DID NOT DELIVER AS PROMISED. EMAILED AMAZON THREE TIMES OR MORE HOPING THEY COULD PUT PRESSURE ON FREIGHT COMPANY, THEY KEPT EMAILING ME BACK SAYING IT LOOKED LIKE MY PROBLEM WAS RESOLVED (BECAUSE CEVA FREIGHT UPDATED THEIR TRACKING TO INDICATE THAT IT WOULD BE DELIVERED). IT IS NOW JULY 22ND AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY THE FREIGHT COMPANY THAT IT WILL BE HERE TOMORROW. WE WILL SEE. NONETHELESS, I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN CEVA FREIGHT AND HOPE AMAZON WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN. SO, IF THIS IS AN ITEM YOU NEED QUICKLY, JUST HOPE THAT A FREIGHT COMPANY OTHER THAN CEVA IS USED FOR YOUR PURCHASE.

Emotion Glide Kayak