Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2009 10:17:53 PM PDT
Randi Lauren says:
I was thinking of buying this book and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it contains religious talk as so many self help books do? I'd really appreciate it!

Posted on Mar 21, 2009 9:27:40 PM PDT
no religious talk- rather about spirituality, how to connect with your higher power what ever that form takes.

Posted on Dec 14, 2010 5:52:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2010 5:53:02 PM PST
F.Mann says:
Does this book tell you to think positive and use positive affirmations? I tried that and it's left me feeling worse. Also most self help books I've read say everything (bad) is our fault for thinking negatively and that is not comforting either.
Fran

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 12:33:35 PM PDT
Jimmie says:
This book got over 200 5 star reviews. Because I did not care for the book, I went back and read those reviews to see if I was missing something. It turns out there there are not really 200 reviews, but many duplicates of the same reviews.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 9:17:46 PM PDT
"Emotional Freedom" is one of the most useful books I have ever read. I have not yet experienced anyone who understands the dynamics of an "empath" the way Judith Orloff does. There is very little if anything written on the subject and Judith's background in psychology blended with her insight, sensitivity and ability to tune in and track the energetic process is remarkable. I think what makes it such a great read is that being an empath herself she speaks from experience and her findings are not necessarily based on the usual clinical observation as most books of this nature. Her approach is simple, practical and easy to understand as she demystifies the patterns and sociological issues empaths struggle with, providing truly effective tools for overcoming the challenges we face as the feelers and givers of our species.
Reading this book liberated me as I realized that there truly are other people out there that are just like me and I am not imagining what I am picking up on, the transfer of energies is as real as exchanging your money for tangible goods. I could see as with other empaths when we don't have the understanding or the tools to deal with this unfortunate gift we continue to come up short handed. Judith teaches us how to turn what seem to be our handicaps into the gifts they were meant to be and work them to our benefit. I am filled with gratitude for the insight this book has given me into my own relationships tendencies and course of life.
Cheryl Brillon
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 10, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about