Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on July 28, 2005
Denise Falcone, in her very personal tale of the journey she took toward seperation and divorce, has told every woman's story of pain, self doubt, indecision and finally, courage. The book is simply an honest and open description of Ms. Falcone's personal struggle and through her story, the reader sees her own journey and the possibility of better days. While reading "Void of Moon", I had the feeling that the author had been perched under my bed for the last 10 years of my marraige. How else could she know my story so well?
on January 25, 2009
I was definitely hooked by p. 4 of the text: "I felt that I could not share anything with my husband except the things that he was interested in." An unwritten rule in our society is that the woman is responsible for the well-being of any relationship. When a relationship fails, the woman therefore usually bears the brunt of discomfort, despite the arsenal of injustices and justifiable anger she may have on her side.

Void of Moon is a personal, important, brilliant chronicle of a the dissolution of a marriage (which equals the dissolution of an important dream) that will resonate with anyone who has ever had to separate from another human being for reasons of putting her own health, sanity or identity before the health of a relationship. There is a lot of wisdom on every page of this book, and finally also a lot of encouragement that the struggle for one's own sovereignty over one's life is worth it.

I found the section on Confrontation especially insightful. "Whenever I would try to let go of my anger, I would feel like I wasn't doing my job." Or, "Anger is a strong drug. It intoxicates us and makes us feel important and visible." I hadn't seen it quite that way before.

A scene from the book sticks in my mind. Daddy squats next to his young daughter, whispering clearly spiteful things about Mommy in her ears, both looking at Mommy across the room. To be able to live through this kind of shame and betrayal as Mommy, as woman, as person, and emerge from it radiant, serene, and strong, that is the quality that makes this book an encouraging companion for anyone having to leave any kind of abusive or exploitative relationship behind.
on January 3, 2015
Void of Moon addresses the heathy way to process the range of intense emotions associated with marital or other separations. It is a helpful and practical guide written by someone who has clearly been there herself and can lead us over this difficult terrain.
on October 6, 2005
Denise needs to be commended for writing such a brave and honest account of her ending marriage. This work takes the reader through the frightening and empowering maze of the human experience. The author illustrates that in relationships, and especially during their tumultuous endings, there is no good guy or bad guy. Throughout this book Denise gives a voice of fear and feminism at once, and takes the reader through her ups and downs while constantly reminding you that life is still happening around you. As the child of divorce, I found it astonishing and brilliant that Denise is able to keep the needs of her child in the forefront while her needs and emotions were scattered and raw. This book is beautifully written and honest in that Denise accepts responsibility for her actions as well as the responsibility to make her life what she wants it to be. It is rare to find a book in which the author puts it all on the line. And whether you have experienced a divorce or not in your life, this book is for you if you have ever had the sinking feeling in your chest that your relationship is not working. The book reminds us that our lives are ever changing and unsettled, but through change and readjustment comes happiness and self respect. Thank you Denise for putting this out there and for your bravery to paint yourself in all of life's colors.
on August 9, 2005
Denise, you could not have told your story any better!!
I relived my own journey of pain & tears, and finally
(which seemed like forever) the strength, the self confidence
and the ability to laugh again.
Your book is an inspiration because you show no matter
how difficult it may seem at the time the effortless days do
lie ahead!
on September 15, 2005
Void of Moon validates my life perpsective. I lost myself in this book, and came to, feeling good. Denise shares her experience and guides with subtle suggestions. This book is wonderful and greatly needed to us all.

Thanks,

Victoria Van Deven
on May 4, 2006
Ever been in a cave? We all have. Ever come out of a cave?

Yes, at least we all believe we have until in a rigorously fast-paced 21st century we are asked to---share.

This authoress reached through the millenia to the Golden Mean that connects us All through heart and wove our tale.

Hale, Falcone.
on October 1, 2005
As an Occupational Therapist and CEO of CaralWorks Inc,a comapny that addresses women, Chemotherapy, feelings, support through images and cards I am much about communication inward & outward. I am also happily married for 17 years.Void of Moon captures the inward and outward importance of communication, yet one does not have to be separating from ones spouse to really appreciate this book. Separation comes in many, many forms: Void of Moon depicts and relates this beautifully. I enjoyed Ms. Falcones style, honesty, perceptiveness and frankness. Thank-you.