4.0 out of 5 stars Jack Herer, a real American hero, April 24, 2007
This review is from: Emperor of Hemp: The Jack Herer Story (DVD)
Emperor of Hemp is a brief documentary about hemp activist and author Jack Herer. This film documents his life from Goldwater Republican to the "emperor" of hemp activism. It includes footage from protests, as well as interviews with Jack, close friends, and work partners.

Although the film is only 60 minutes long, it also includes a brief history of the illegalization of the marijuana plant and the history of the hemp plant as a multi-purpose crop grown around the world, and even grown by our first president George Washington.

I hadn't heard of Jack Herer before watching this documentary, and now I'm glad that I have. He wrote the book "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", which is a very detailed and well-researched account of the uses of hemp and the reasons it was made illegal.

Overall, this movie is very interesting, and should be viewed by anyone interested in finding out more about hemp and/or the man who started the hemp movement in this country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make the Most of the India Hemp Seed and Sow It Everywhere!, September 21, 2012
This review is from: Emperor of Hemp: The Jack Herer Story (DVD)
I first discovered "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" in 1995 at a "New Age" ship in Capitola. For weeks I could not put it down. It impelled me to volunteer the next year gathering signatures for Prop 215.

I finally met Jack Herer last year at the 4/20 rally at the State Capital.

I finally bought the documentary last month. A terrific movie that pulls no punches!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightened, August 14, 2012
This review is from: Emperor of Hemp: The Jack Herer Story (DVD)
I thought I knew what he was about but the doc tells it all. It just shows that one person can truely spark a revolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Hemp History Video Out There, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Emperor of Hemp: The Jack Herer Story (DVD)
I learned a lot from watching this movie. I took for granted how well it was done until I started watching so many of the documentaries that followed. This movie, financed by Anita Roddick of The Body Shop, is by far my favorite hemp documentary. This introduction to Jack Herer actually inspired me to become a hemp activist myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 4, 2014
Lance Ross Lewis (Brisbane, Queensland, AU) - See all my reviews
Very pleased

Emperor of Hemp: The Jack Herer Story
Emperor of Hemp: The Jack Herer Story by Jeff Jones (DVD - 2005)
$19.95