Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 28, 2014
What happened to buying and installing single-player games? What happened to great game experiences like Panzer General, Star Trek Birth of the Federation, Medieval Total War ONE, Star Control II, et al. ?? Why must I use STEAM, a useless middleman?????
11 comment17 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2014
purchased the game because it said the DLC was included, but its not. the game of the year edition only loads the vanilla version of the games and steam forces you to purchase the DLC seperately... this has to be a breach of trading standards!
on March 10, 2012
The amazon price is a little bit salty, I bought my copy in another place!!
The Napoleon total war is simply amazing!
Battles are still thrilling and the game is greatly fun and with all the additions including the fantastic Napoleon game, this is well worth the money.
on March 8, 2014
Read all the complaints about the program doesn't work but I decided to try it when the price dropped enough. Well it didn't work. What does it tell you when a company is so concerned about pirates that it ruins the product from the regular customer that buys it. Well the pirates will not get this product and I suggest the honest people don't get it either. Last time I buy a product from this group. Don't buy it either.
on January 10, 2014
Loaded with history and facts and great graphics, music... Wonderful! Hours of play without boredom. I recommend it to anyone interested in other than just shooting games.
on September 4, 2014
A total nightmare to install. Does not work well with Windows 8.

The game itself is good. I'd give it 5 stars. That said however, if you have access to a fast internet connection and aren't running Windows 8, you'll probably be happy with this. Otherwise, be prepared for a quirky install from the disk. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it does, be prepared to wait for a couple of hours while it loads upgrades. Be prepared to see everything you've spent this time on vanish for no apparent reason. Be prepared for system crashes on a regular basis. To be fair, the system crashes are a Microsoft issue, but the fact that reloading the game from disk and getting the required updates from Steam will cost you several hours of annoyance every time it happens is totally unacceptable.
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2014
I bought Empire Total War from SEGA and for over two months I have not been able to use it because of the fact that it has to be activated by an online organization called Steam. Most of you are probably familiar with Steam. You can only activate the game you bought through Steam. But what if Steam is not working as it should?

That is what my situation is now. Steam will not accept my activation login and password due to system error. There is no phone number to call in order to fix this. The only ting that you can do is contact them by e-mail and it takes them about a week for them to get back to you. In my situation they have sent me responses telling me that the problem is fixed when it really isn't. So I e-mail them back and I wait another week to get the same result.

The only change that has taken place in this process over the last two months is that someone from Steam sent me an e-mail telling me that I need to log into my account and then change my password.

Well how can I do that of I can't log into my account in the first place? Duh!

And when it comes down to it the real reason that Steam exists is as online marketing for SEGA. My advice is that you stay away form this company and any of it's products.

Unless you just fee that you need to waste your money.
11 comment6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
Great game with even better graphics. As others have said the AI is broken. This however is easily fixed by installing the Darthmod. Great game overall and highly recommended. The DLC is also great and adds hours of extra content. The Napoleon add on is a huge improvement over the Empire game!
on March 24, 2015
Any game that requires the downloading of the middleman product, "steam" is pure garbage. I have spent less than two hours using "steam" and am removing it from my computer pronto. Sega, this idea was a flop!
on January 2, 2014
I have played this game for about 10 hours so far....there have been no issues, the graphics are great and run smoothly on my mid tier machine. Very happy with this game.