Empire: Total War - Gold Edition [Download]
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Command the seas, conquer the land, build an Empire.
An epic game of real-time tactics which combines turn-based empire building with massive 3D real-time battles on land and at sea. Charged with the fortunes of a nation, you must use diplomacy, trade and military force to establish it as the dominant power of the 18th Century.
Decide the strategy behind the development and expansion of your empire. Expand your borders through conquest or diplomatic cunning. Conquer overseas territories to establish colonies and profitable trade networks. Take command of the battlefield and patrol the open seas to defeat your enemies and shape the contours of history.
- Empire: Total War - Gold Edition contains all game updates, improvements and downloadable content, including The Warpath Campaign and four unit packs: the Special Forces Units and the Elite Units of the East, West and America.
- Rule one of 12 nations from Europe, America and the Indian subcontinent, and govern your fledgling empire across a massive campaign map.
- Set the strategy, dictate the tactics and command your troops during battles involving thousands of soldiers.
- Take to the high seas and lead war fleets bristling with cannon in superb recreations of 18th Century naval warfare.
- Experience combat in astonishing detail using full camera control to zoom in on accurate character animations.
- Forge alliances, share knowledge and negotiate trade routes as you engage in diplomacy with other nations.
- Research new technologies to make your enterprises more profitable and improve your armaments.
- Play as George Washington in the revolutionary campaign Road to Independence and lead the Continental army against the might of the British Empire.
- Recreate landmark battles from one of the most turbulent periods of world history, including Bunker Hill, Fontenoy and Rossbach.
|OS:||Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later|
|Hard Drive:||15 GB|
|Video Card:||256 MB|
|Video Cards NOT Supported:||ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Unfortunately, the designers have NOT been able to make the AI intelligent or interactive enough to render this game anything more than a territory grab. The AI hardly wants to trade, broker interesting deals, and the like. I found it very difficult to continue against such soulless adversaries.
The map is eye-popping. But hard to navigate. I couldn't easily discern between territories. Plus, many of my units hid way too well for me to manage them. I kept losing track of my spies and gentlemen so often that I effectively gave up on them.
Religion is almost a non-factor in this game. I wasn't all that worried about enemy priests as the penalty for another religion in a territory was so low.
I don't like the economics in this game. Too many choices, too little time for proper development for most territories. You are essentially forced to specialize and develop a small number of prime territories and let the others languish. Not fun for a perfectionist like myself.
All in all, this game missed the mark.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The download was over 12G and took multiple hours. Ultimatly, the file was corrupted and customer service told me to redownload it. No thanx. I got a refund. Read morePublished 7 months ago by elCOMANDO
Didn't work. Loaded but froze within seconds every time.Published 17 months ago by Kate Braithwaite
spent too much time trying to install. like the 1900's. they should figure out a better way. hope i csan get my money back but seems too hard to tryPublished 23 months ago by Joann-Mark schwartz
The Creative Assembly has an impressive dedication to creating quality games. All of the little details and problem-solving that went into the development of the Total War games... Read morePublished on September 27, 2013 by Christopher Thomas Champagne
The game download was long but easy, the game is great fun and I really enjoy it. If you like the Total war games then this one is for you!Published on September 3, 2013 by Kevin
I spent 12 hours downloading this game and apparently not all of the content was actually there. My computer wont open the game and the digital download DID NOT WORK. Read morePublished on August 8, 2013 by JQ