4.0 out of 5 stars great game
Published on July 25, 2012 by jessie123

3.0 out of 5 stars ok game
not all the mini games have instructions. also needs zoom on the hidden object mini games. I played on the kindle fire.
Published on September 9, 2012 by C. Hardin

4.0 out of 5 stars great game, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full) (App)
I found this game highly addictive and never boring. These graphics show you an entire new world while still being fluid, full and rich. The story was an elaborate sci fi mystery thriller filled with just enough details. The mystery part was a little predictable but without ruining the game. Tons of locations, lots of mini games and takes about 3 to 5 hours to finish in one sitting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, July 7, 2012
This review is from: Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full) (App)
I had a lot of fun with this game! Hidden objects and many mini puzzles! There were only a couple of this mini puzzles that I just couldn't complete, but there was a skip option so I didn't get stuck. Great hints when I needed them. This is one I will play again! Great story line. I'm glad I gave Big Fish a second chance after the problems with "The Witches Prison"

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Story, August 22, 2012
Anita Glass (Paige, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full) (App)
I enjoyed the story and the puzzles! I am going to download the next game in the Empress of the Deep series right away. Hope it's fun, too.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok game, September 9, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Hidden objects are way too small., September 22, 2012
This review is from: Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full) (App)
The hidden objects are too small to locate on the Kindle Fire. Had I known this, I would not have made the purchase. The story line is mediocre.

4.0 out of 5 stars could have been AWESOME!, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full) (App)
and why was it NOT awesome you ask? The answer is so simple and yet so important .....can you say NO ZOOM?! I cannot understand why any game that has hidden object sequences would not have a zoom in feature. On a small device like a phone ....it would be a sad joke. On the Kindle fire it is mostly just poking until you hit it by accident or using hints. The REST of this game is overwhelming great! even well worth playing but....

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Game, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full) (App)
This game is a keeper. I enjoyed playing it, it truly has you on a hunt for items. I don't care for the ending to much thou, how it jumps straight to movie mode with items left. And it felt like I was the girl one moment and the guy after while. Overall good game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't run on kindle fire, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full) (App)
This game ran when I installed it but won't run anymore. It tells me that the application is not found, even tho the icons are in my cloud and device and the 138 MB for that program are still being used!

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to uninstall and now wants me to pay for it again to play full version., June 29, 2012
This review is from: Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full) (App)
Had issues right off the bat when it kept booting me out when I was putting in my name. Got by that part, liked it enough so upgraded to the full version. Got a little further into the game and it just keeps bumping me out again so I uninstalled it figuring I'd install it again but when I go to install it it wants me to pay again and on the Amazon apps store it doesn't register that I bought the full version.

Edited to add that I contacted Amazon about this and asked for a refund and they gave it very quickly. Great customer service!!

2.0 out of 5 stars ...not really a hidden object game..., September 30, 2012
Olivia (Olympia, wa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret (Full) (App)
I really love Big Fish games for my PC. However, I find I am continuously disappointed with the games created for the Kindle Fire.

Synopsis: the main character wakes up in an underwater community with complete amnesia. Her 2 guides are a visible male hologram and the possibly deceitful voice of a little girl. The heroine must find ancient relics to save the lives of herself and her people.

LIKES:
1. Storyline was kept simple and easy to follow.
2. The graphics are beautiful.
3. The hints were plentiful.

DISLIKES:
1. This is not a Hidden Object game. It's a mystery game and some of the challenges are HO scenes.
2. There is a lot of running around for no other reason than to fool the player into thinking the game is long and intricate. It is neither.
3. There are tons of puzzle locks to solve - which would be fine except for the fact that this is a HO game.
4. The few HO scenes are poorly put together - almost like an afterthought.
5. Did I mention the running back & forth for no good reason?
6. There is no zoom option.
7. The game has no ending because it is the 1st in a series.
8. The game is easily solved in a short amount of time.

Bottom line: Even though I bought the game on sale ($0.99) I still feel as if I paid too much.