Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on April 11, 2012
This product is horrible. The first time I used it, the whole thing melted. Spend your money on a better product, not this junk from China!
on December 5, 2013
This is my new standard way to cook bacon. I have tested this product many ways and have developed the most efficient way to cook bacon using this device.
Use thick cut bacon. Leave a space between each piece. Replace the plastic skewers with wooden ones. Cook for 2 sessions of 4-5 minutes with a 1 minute intermission.

Thin cut bacon hangs too low and doesn't support itself well, it kind of rips. But if you overload the thing with thick cut bacon the pieces will stick together at some points and the bacon will not cook very much at those points. Leaving a space makes it less likely to stick together. Though you only get half the bacon per session in the microwave, filling it up half way still seems to be faster overall.
The plastic rods it comes with get floppy as they get hot, and then you must let the Bacon Wave sit a couple minutes before subjecting it to more microwave radiation. Buy a pack of those wooden skewers from the grocery store, and use them in place of the plastic skewers. It will save a lot of headache and allow you to cook the bacon faster. The rest of the tray seems thick and I have not had issues with it getting too flimsy from heat.

Clean up is really fast. The tray fills with grease and you just pour it into a cup, or you can drink it and see if it gives you super powers. Also if you haven't cooked bacon in the microwave before and are wondering if you can get crispy bacon, the answer is "yes you can."
Only reason I gave this 4-stars because the plaster skewers are flimsy when hot and I had to replace them with wooden ones, which costs a couple extra bucks.

I'm going to go eat some bacon now.
on May 2, 2012
THIS PRODUCT IS DANGEROUS! To sell a "top rack only dishwasher safe" dish to cook bacon is just plain crazy! Much more heat is required to cook bacon in a microwave than to clean it in a dishwasher. It is beyond me how this dish can even be sold! Does the CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION even exist any more? Years ago when this product first was sold it warped in the dishwasher - we continued using it, gingerly balancing a tray of hot grease each time as the sides were barely high enough to contain the fat. Ultimately it just pain got nasty, as it was virtually impossible to clean. Unbeknownst to me another one appeared in the house as a gift recently from a visiting daughter who had been disgusted last visit with its condition. Elated by her thoughtfulness, we cooked with this dish the very next day on the 80% power as required - IT MELTED. The mess of molten plastic and fat was/is a horrendous cleanup. This company changed its plastic to a cheaper variety as our daughter paid a lot less - but I think we might have to replace our microwave now as it just smells of bacon. While shopping for a new microwave at Walmart we happened upon on another product to cook bacon - Makin Bacon - WOW - if anyone is looking for a slick way to cook bacon, you have to try MAKIN BACON - invented by a little kid no less. We cooked bacon on high power, its fast, simple and can be placed anywhere in a dishwasher. I'm still trying to clean our oven, as there is still plastic and fat within the seams. STAY AWAY FROM BACONWAVE IT IS GOING TO BURN SOMEONE BAD! DANGER BEWARE!
on July 27, 2013
I looked at every Walmart trying to find this product. I was happy I found it on Amazon. This item is a waste of money. The tray is too small for long pieces of bacon so the grease dripped over the sides and on the bottom of the microwave. The tray warped so it doesn't sit flush on the counter/microwave. You'd be better off going to Target or Walmart and buying the ones they sell. They're thicker plastic and have a reservoir for grease. Might spend a little extra money but it's better than buying replacements for the Baconwave. What a disappointment.
on May 16, 2012
My sense of logic should have told me: First try to pry a greasy strip of bacon out of the pack. Then another and another. Messy. It cooks a lot. Try to get the grease off your hands. Then try to spear it through on both ends... except for that piece where the end fell off. 1200 watt microwave at a "minute a strip" left the ends fairly well done, but the middle still slimey. OK: a few more minutes.. not quite there.. a couple more. Crispy at last.. but the strips have glued themselves together. You struggle to get the spears out... they don't want to come out... but you make it happen. The spears are now warped. Then you try to remove a single strip. Not going to happen. You have to take out the stuck-together ones where ever you can pry them apart, breaking most of them. No mention of covering the cooker to avoid grease spatters in the microwave. Paper towel worked, but it wanted to stick to the bacon.

Yes, it drains the fat away. Good. Yes, it cooks up to 14 (?) strips at once. Great. But what you end up with is not really worth all the effort. Break off a piece someplace and eat it.

At one time, there was an electric appliance called the Baconizer.. Did much the same thing, though only 7 crisp U-shaped strips at a time. I have 3 that barely operate because of grease in the timers. I may just get them out and try them again!
on August 22, 2013
1) It's a bit labor-intensive. Skewering the bacon strips is a fussy process, and the bacon often tears and falls into the fat anyway.

2) The tray warps in use and ultimately stays warped.
on September 22, 2009
I purchased this product and used it 1 time and the sticks stuck in the bacon and broke when I tried to pull them out. The bacon was literally in crumbs by the time I got it out and I did spray the whole thing with Pam before starting anything. It would be totally impossible to clean if you get that far. I threw mine in the trash because it was not worth my water bill to try to clean plus the fact that I no longer had the sticks to hold the bacon in place.
Elissiah Mullins
on May 3, 2013
We have used Bacon Waves for the past eight years or so (we use two at a time and average two years before having to replace them, so we've owned about eight Bacon Waves), and have been big fans. However, last year my parents' new Bacon Wave abruptly melted during use. And this morning, as I was cooking bacon the exact same way we have prepared it dozens of times in the past, mine melted in the microwave as well, making a giant, smoky mess and trashing $10 worth of bacon.

Something has obviously changed in the way these are manufactured. I won't be buying another, as the new ones are unpredictable and highly unsafe.
on September 5, 2014
I'm really confused by the negative reviews of this product. I don't understand how in the world someone could melt the bacon wave. I've used mine for more than a year and it's absolutely perfect every time. I love how the fat is cooked off the bacon and it makes the best tasting bacon I have personally ever tried. I mean, these people who are melting these must have not read the instructions or have no common sense or a combination of both.... Here's the deal - count one minute per slice of bacon and start watching it two or three minutes before and just make sure you're not overcooking your bacon. No big deal. I typically subtract one or two minutes per total amount of bacon slices and that's usually just perfect. To clean it, if you save your bacon grease, this should be no biggie, just put a paper towel partway in a mason jar and let it drip through gradually. You'll have to do a little at a time. If not, you can either let it solidify in the microwave and then dispose of it by chipping part of it out and rinsing the rest in super hot water. Just make sure you don't put it on the bottom of the dishwasher - mine's perfect on top. Lose a skewer? Use a bamboo skewer. Bacon falling off? Buy the thicker bacon. Geez, it's not rocket science.
on October 14, 2013
I liked this style for the fact that you could cook more bacon at a time, however you have to be careful because after loading it the first time I did melt one of the supports (bacon MUST be crispy!). I cook less at a time now so that it doesn't happen again.
The only drawback I have found is that it is hard to clean between all of the dividers. I do put it in the dishwasher, but sometimes it still doesn't clean it the greatest.