Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

• Customer Reviews

on June 11, 2007
I love emu oil. I started using it a year ago. It is a great moisturizer for the face and body. Don't be afraid of using it if you have oily skin. It doesn't cause the skin to breakout. While it is an "oil" it works as a non-irritating moisturizer but doesn't make the skin feel greasy.

Don't overpay for emu oil by purchasing it from companies who currently started marketing it as a "premium skin care product". Some companies are charging as much as $69 for one ounce. I usually pay $12 - $15 for a four ounce bottle. I haven't found any difference between brands. They all work the same.
11 comment38 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2007
I have dry skin and of course I have used lots of lotions and essential oils before but I have never seen the results I have in such a short time as I have with Emu Oil. I am African American and when our skin is dry we get dry patches and bumps especially on our elbows. After using Emu oil the first day, the bumps were gone. My skin completion is brighter an more even. I am so happy I took a chance on this product. It is expensive but worth it if you want to be free of cornified dry skin.

Update: Feb 09, 2008

Okay so I still love this product. Here's what I found out; there are some brands that make "refined" Emu oil for a cheaper price, I decided to try it out and didn't get the healing affects that the pure Emu Oil has....so don't buy it. Get the brand "Thunder Ridge". Another thing is that if you have dry skin all over you will need more than 2oz. for daily use, buying Emu oil gets pretty pricy, and Amazon only has the 2oz and 4oz. I have recently ordered an 8oz bottle and it cost me $50 (but it is worth it for me). I purchased it from massagewarehouse(dot)com. I love Amazon and purchase lots of stuff here but this particular product is going to be cheaper in larger sizes at massagewarehouse and to top it off, though massagewarehouse charges high shipping fees, you get the product the next day! Since Amazon doesn't have the 8oz bottle I compared prices by adding two 4oz bottles plus shipping together and it came out to be $51+. that is not a big difference in price but it is in shipping. I save $1 by using massagewarehouse AND I get my order the NEXT day instead of a week or more. So for this item only (in larger size) buy from massagewarehouse.
22 comments18 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2006
I have had exema for years and for a while did nothing because I was afraid of all the side effects with the treatments. Finally I went to the doctor and gave me a different brand of emu oil than this. That worked great but soon was discontinued and began using this. It works just the same. It helps my excema (though it doses not make it completly go away) It absorbs fast, but before it dose you can not touch anything without getting oil on anything. I put it on whenever my excema comes back and it really helps it. It will not take away reddness from my skin, but it takes the burn away. It may not do the job compltly, it still really helps.
on November 18, 2013
I am suffering from severe psoriasis and is starting to have psoriatic arthritis since last year. I started using Emo oil 6 months ago and results are amazing!! My psoriasis heals very quickly and when I have pain from arthritis it reduces pain and inflammation. It is tough for me to use emu oil everyday so I have not seen if it can get rid of psoriasis completely but the plaques are softer and inflammation is down after two days. This product is a life saver for me since I can get away with using clobetasol (steroid cream) once a week.
Recently, my co worker was having tough time walking due to inflammation on her leg but when she used this product she saw good results within a day or two.
So I would definitely recommend this product...it works great for psoriasis plus its not greasy at all. It is absorbed by the skin instantly and makes skin very soft.
on June 15, 2010
Good stuff. I have short hair and needed something to keep the scalp from drying. The other stuff I was using was basically petrochemicals and alcohol. If I use 4 squirts everyday I think I can make a bottle last around 4 months. You don't need to use a lot of it for it to work. It is very potent stuff and has no offensive smell and residual felling once its on you hands. Also, it helps keep your hands from cracking and drying out in the dry cold winters months.
on April 10, 2013
Thunder Ridge Emu Oil provided amazing results. I use it on my aching knees and in ten minutes can feel relief. I also used it on a skin lesion that I had been worried about and saw improvement in a few days. I have recommended this product to lots of people.
on December 6, 2013
I've tried other Emu oils and I like Thunder Ridge. It is food grade, so it doesn't get that rancid smell after you've had it for a while. It's 100% pure and I like that as I am allergic to the oils, creams and rubs that have added menthol or eucalyptus.

It penetrates well and relieves my muscle pain in a few minutes. A little bit goes a long way. I would recommend emu oil to any one suffering from chronic pain. I have fibromyalgia and can't take the majority of Rx pain relievers because I am deathly allergic to them and I don't care for taking muscle relaxers all of the time. I don't need either when I use the emu oil.

I've also used it on my lashes and brows with great results. It softened them and actually made my sparse lashes curl!
on October 2, 2011
I purchased my first bottle of emu oil from Thunder Ridge several months ago and liked it. Decided to order again from the same company and the product inside it totally different. It seems watered down and there are chunks of stuff in it. My first bottle was thicker in consistency and very smooth. Like others have said, it was not sealed. This stuff went into the trash and I will not be ordering from them again. I will try another brand.
I was a bit skeptical about emu oil, because the claims for its benefits seem so wild and unlikely to be true. I bought the small bottle just to try it out. Let me tell you, I am sold. I originally purchased this emu oil to put on my eyelashes, which were breaking off due to a medical condition. In just a short period of time my eyelashes were looking much much better, and appear to be growing back in.

Just for fun, I decided to try the emu oil on a small spot of eczema on my leg. I was shocked when the itchy feeling instantly (!) vanished. Once-a-day applications resulted in the spot just fading away and the skin becoming smooth again. A nearby small scar from a previous bout is also fading away. Those who have suffered from eczema know how hard it is to vanquish. This is just amazing stuff, and a little goes a long way.

The healing properties of emu oil are very real. I will be purchasing the larger bottle, because now I can't imagine being without it.

July 16, 2010: After putting a bit of emu oil on my eyelashes every night before going to sleep, in just over a month I have long eyelashes again. The emu oil has stopped the breakage. I will continue to use it to maintain the improved condition of my eyelashes. It will be interesting to see if they get thicker too.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2008
I've tried three brands of emu oil and this was the worst so far. It was extremely thin and watery. I ended up returning it. Try instead "Emu Essence Naturals". It is wonderful -- more expensive but I don't doubt its purity, quality or freshness as I do this product. (I am just a consumer, btw, not affiliated with either company).
11 comment6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse