5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanted Crossings
All three authors outdid themselves. Madeline Baker's "Heart of the Hunter" has captured the essence of time and love once again. You won't be able to put this book down until you finish it!
Published on June 24, 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to enjoy
Published on December 5, 2009 by L. B. Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to enjoy, December 5, 2009
This review is from: Enchanted Crossings (Love Spell romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
HEART OF THE HUNTER, by Madeline Baker, takes up the bulk of this book. The description from Baker's website: "Kelly McBride, the owner of a Montana ranch, is torn between two lovers: a Lakota spirit warrior who guards gold, and his flesh-and-blood descendent. There seems no way possible for Kelly and the ghostly spirit to make a life together. Lee Roan Horse, an embittered ex-con, descends on the ranch to steal the gold of his ancestors, but finds in Kelly the love of a lifetime that he's afraid to acknowledge."

I honestly thought that this was her first book. One minute she loves Lee, then she doesn't, then he loves her, then he doesn't. Sentences were constantly repeated. It appeared as though the author was told to keep adding details to the story but there was nothing new so she rehashed the same words. I expected more from this romance.

I felt there wasn't any chemistry between Lee and Kelly, ditto for the ghost and Kelly. I love time travel and paranormal books but I didn't enjoy HEART OF THE HUNTER; this is an anthology but I didn't read the other two stories. I am assuming the others that read ENCHANTED CROSSINGS read all three romances and rated the book accordingly. I may have given it more stars if I did.

According to Madeline Baker's website: Cerridwen Press is suppose to be releasing this title on it's own in January of 2010. Instead, if you want to read a wonderful time travel romance about the Lakota, try Judie Aitken's A LOVE BEYOND TIME.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanted Crossings, June 24, 2000
By A Customer
Ann Avery's "Dream Seeker" was astounding! I have never read her work before and would like to read more of it now. She did a wonderful job of combining the depths of space and love. What a romantic!
Kathleen Morgan's "The Last Gatekeeper" was romance at its best, to say the least! This one was extrodinary in the romantic way a world was saved. You won't want to put this book down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Madeline Baker novel, March 21, 2014
Madeline Baker's stories always hold your attention and are fast reading novels I look forward to reading more of her books

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchanted Crossings, October 29, 2009
I had read this book from the library in my former home in Greenville, Texas. When I learned that the Collier County, Florida library system did not have a copy, I decided to add it to my personal library. I like the "supernatural" element. It's a good, quick read.

Enchanted Crossings (Love Spell romance)
Enchanted Crossings (Love Spell romance) by Anne Avery (Mass Market Paperback - May 2000)
Used & New from: $0.01