Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Enchanting Art Dolls and Soft Sculptures: Sculpting Crazy Quilting Embellishing Embroidery
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 1, 2012
If you're interested in making that first cloth doll or going deeper and giving your cloth dolls more polish, this is the book for you. Marina covers everything from the essential tools and materials needed, the basics of doll making, costuming your dolls, and creating soft sculptures.

At the beginning, Marina explains that doll making is a very liberating activity and it allows for flexibility as you work with the materials, so that all dimensions are approximate and not exact. Much of what Marina does relies on crazy quilting and embroidery techniques, and this was something I was very interested in, but the use of heavy embellishments can be used as little or as much as you desire.

There are plenty of patterns that cover free standing dolls, dolls framed in still life scenes, dolls as brooches, plus fancy fish, teddy bears, and even a country cottage. A gallery at the end of the book I found to be particularly inspiring. A template section is included as well for those of us who really need a starting point.

This book has everything that you need to get started making dolls and soft sculptures. You're only limited by what you can imagine.
on July 29, 2012
This book combines two of my favorite things...doll making and quilting. The dolls are made of paper clay and the dresses and soft sculptures are crazy quilted. The layout of the book makes it easy to create a doll or sculpture as the how-to's include sculpting the head, hands, and feet from paper clay, making wire armature, filling out the body, and step by step crazy quilting.
There are eight cute projects to make including a little bear, a pretty wall hanging, crazy quilted fish, and a cottage storage box with a removable roof.
Also included in this book is a gallery of dolls by very talented artists that is sure to get the imaginative juices flowing.
This book is great for beginners and seasoned doll makers alike.
on July 24, 2012
This book has beautiful pictures and creative ideas.I think its more on the primitive/folk art side and I really enjoy it.
on September 25, 2012
This book contains good, detailed instructions with pictures. There is a list of tools, w/photos, Basics of doll making, sculpting tips w/pictures, a discussion on crazy quilting, eight projects, patterns and a gallery. The projects include dolls, fish,a teddy bear and an enchanted cottage. The dolls are made of clay with wire armatures, but the fish, bear and cottage are fabric.

I'm happy with the book and intend on making several, if not all of the projects. L. Dombrowsky
on September 22, 2012
I bought this book as reference for a summer project with my granddaughter. She is 8 years old and loves clay. I am looking forward to creating a doll with her. The information is simple enough and not intimidating at all for a first-time doll maker such as my granddaughter.
on January 12, 2013
I was curious about attempting some of the projects in this book when I find the time. I found it entertaining & informative. It's sets off other ideas that come to mind & the processes listed can cover a slew of new imaginative projects all your own. I liked the book!
on August 27, 2013
I gave this rating because the book is wonderful for different type to learn how to make. After sewing Miniature Bears for 30 years I have been making dolls/Angels proceeds to go to Cancer Research in memory if those I have lost to cancer. My hospital sved my life Dec 13 2011. I made my mind up then if I was going to be sick, I would take care of my self and sell them for proceeds for cancer.
This unique book has been so exciting for moving up to new ways of making dolls. The simple way of helping one follow a new way.
on October 7, 2012
The projects in this book are very creative and very unique. The ideas can also be a jumpstart for creating your own unique style of dollmaking.
on October 10, 2012
I found it to be very clear and concise. One of the better craft books I have seen. I can hardly wait to start creating.
on March 19, 2013
The book is excellent or the serious doll makers. The ideas and techniques can be modified and simplified by an experienced crafter but its definitely not for the beginner. The fish soft sculpture is the icing in this book. Loved it!