Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Loftek® 7" Inch Outdoor Waterproof Dome Encloser for Loftek Foscam Wansview Apexis Cctv Surveillance Security Wireless Ip Indoor Camera,upgraded
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 15, 2013
I got this for a Foscam F18910W. The package came really fast. I chose to hang it on the corner of my house I built a corner bracket to mount it. Looking at the construction I saw what other reviewers were talking about so I didn't take any chances even though it is under an eave. I put a little silicon around the top seam and drilled a weep hole in the globe to let out any water that may get in side. As far as mounting the camera inside there was no mounting hardware that came with the housing just a metal plate that mounts in the housing. if the camera is mounted flat on the plate you will not see much. the way I fixed that was to use a 1/4-20 x 4 toggle bolt with a nut on the other side to put the camera as close to the globe as possible, this worked out quite well. now as far as the infrared illumination the camera has with the globe on is useless. but that is not the fault of the housing maker. All I can do is turn off the infrared unfortunately that makes the foscam cameras useless at night.
44 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2012
I've had this unit up on my garage for about a year now, with a Foscam pan-&-tilt camera inside it. The camera has been safe and secure inside, and sees the surveillance area with perfect clarity. The enclosure has protected the camera from high winds, rain and hail, snow, and extreme subzero and 100+ degree temperatures. It stays clean and dry inside the dome. It is made of plastic, but the base plate and the mounting plate inside are sturdy steel. It was easy to assemble and mount on the garage wall, as well mount the camera inside.

Tip: You might want to get a couple IR illumination flood lights for using this enclosure with a Foscam camera or one of the many knock-offs of Foscam. I had to put up a couple IR illumination flood lights to illuminate the area at night, because the IR lights on the camera reflect off the inside of the dome and must be turned off. However, that is normal for that type of camera.
on January 15, 2015
Good product, keeps the weather and bugs out. I've been using it for 2 years and have no fogging or condensation or any kind of problem. I cut a hole in my soffit, and installed it inside to make it a little less conspicuous.
review image
on January 7, 2012
first off, i must say that the shipping is really quick,and that this dome is built well for what it is.
with that being said, there are a few things that i didnt like {not really bad, but unexpected}
CONS
-the bracket arm that actually suports the dome is made of PLASTIC {not metal}, tho it has small metal suport plates on the end that attaches to the wall ,for structural support.
-the mount plate only has 2 screw holes in it to suport it {add the weight of the dome plus the weight of the camera you choose to put inside,and it just doesnt feel very solid} YOU'LL want to drill more holes n the wall plate to hold this enclosure securely.
-NO GASKET BETWEEN THE CLEAR COVER AND THE DOME! so i added a small beed of silicon around the edge where it goes together to keep it from filling up with water in the rain. {first time i mounted this ,it rained,and the clear dome wis 1" full of rainwater. the foscam i put inside it was ok tho. ever since i added the the silicon beed around it,its been fine ever since and water-free =)

its a cheep dome that can be shipped very quickly. i will probably order again when i need a dome realy quick for a job site,
but if time allows,id use something else.
but hey, its a $70 dome. what do ya expect=)
on November 25, 2013
Well made but maybe a little over priced since it's all plastic. I used the enclosure to mount a Foscam indoor camera for outside security.

You will need the VideoSecu 1/4" x 20 Threads Swivel Security Camera Mount or make you own mount. The camera mounts upside-down but that is not a problem as the software can be set to flip and mirror the image. You cannot use the Foscam's built-in infrared as it reflects on the inside of the dome and blinds the camera. I used three CMVision IR30 WideAngle IR Illuminators mounted above the enclosure to provide infrared light. The system has been through a few rain and wind storms and seems to be fine. It's still working.

If you don't already have a camera you may want to consider buying a Foscam FI8919W Outdoor Pan and Tilt Wireless IP Camera since it would be ready to install.
on September 24, 2015
Caused me a year of problems. It works, but
- you're on your own for figuring out how to mount your cam in there, at the right height, and with the right range of motion. That's a mini-project in itself.
- Then the dome is darkened, which is OK during daylight, but will harm the image in the dark.
- If you have IR lights on your cam, they will reflect back at the cam, so you won't have any useful video at night.
- If you turn off the IR lights, you will see darkness
- if you add external IR lights around the dome, you still will not see, because the cameras IR filter is turned off with the IR lights.
- if you tape over the IR ligths on the camera, then turn on the IR lights on the camera and thus the IR filter, AND turn on the external lights, you will finally get an image at night.
- spiders and earwigs somehow find their way in, and live and die inside your dome. fun!

If this sounds like the kind of hassle you want to endure, buy this enclosure. It may work for a porch that is fully lit with an normal motion light or porch light, but the night vision is screwed up by this enclosure.

I ended up just taking the bottom dome off, and my camera worked again and lasted two years because the eave protected it from rain.
on March 9, 2015
Although the description says compatible with the Foscam 8910, it requires quite a bit of home engineering to make it work. The basic problem is the metal plate intended to mount the camera is so far recessed into the oversized housing, that the camera would never be able to see except for straight up. I had to make an extender arrangement with 4" screws and nuts.And the plate does not seem to have the correct hole layout for the camera so I has to use a single bolt which allows the camera body to swivel a bit. It is well put together and tough looking. Another caution: the nice smoked plastic cover looks great in the day and night, but renders the camera's infrared function useless (creates a blinding light inside).
on April 26, 2013
This case works great for my pan/tilt Zmodo camera(s), it's proven fully rainproof so far and it has a certain intimidation factor from it's shear size... this thing is rather big (about the size of a basketball), but it makes it that much more authoritative looking to any suspect characters that wander onto your property.
on May 30, 2014
thick plastic, strong and very big. It has a slight tint on the dome. I was pleased at the quality. Not five stars since it isn't perfect, size, price,no way to use the LED's without reflection and no gasket (though this may not be a problem) The plastic arm was a concern for some reviewers but it seems strong enough to me. I would have thought there is a better option (fit wise) for Foscam but apparently not for this price range. It is still a really a good buy in my opinion.

Please click "yes" if this was a helpful review
Thanks
on January 4, 2016
The dome seems to collect water drops on the outside and stains easily compared to my other one and the mounting system is clumsy as well as to short so that I cannot tilt my camera up because it shows the edge of the housing, a Foscam PTZ camera. I did add washers to the mount, not an easy task, to lower the camera down but it still cuts off when looking up.
The biggest complaint is the staining of the dome luckily mine is low enough so I can wipe/clean it easily but it is a pain. And as I said I have another one to compare it to. This one is going in the trash shortly and I am getting another of the other one I have.
I am including a picture of the cutoff, the blurry stain and my other housing which I have never had a problem with. I just cleaned it yesterday too and Ive not had to clean my other one at all. The stain is on the outside not inside. Both housing seams are sealed with silicone.
review image