Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$9.99+ Free shipping

on October 12, 2009
Years ago I had a Hoyle bridge game that was well done. This edition offers no real challenges, does not have a feature that allows you to claim all tricks, does not have a feature that automatically plays a card if it is the only card in that suit that could be played; all in all, it is a cumbersome product. I have a free version that is much more challenging. I am most disappointed with this product.
on September 1, 2010
I think I am a little too advanced a bridge player to enjoy this game for long. It's fine for someone just starting out, but there are more sophisticated versions that are better-suited to someone who has my level of experience.

I am by no means a master player and always feel there is something to be learned, but this is for players with a very low level of expertise.

I bought this Used from Amazon, and don't have a lot of money invested.
on March 1, 2011
Yes it is for beginners and folks with limited bridge skills. That's me. I love it. It can be set up for a variety of bidding systems and you can choose what conventions you want to use. You can get hints when you want them. You can set it to give you (or any of the other positions) a particular type of hand so you can practice playing that sort of hand or playing against it. I love it.
Doesn't have the bells and whistles the other reviewers were seeking but for folks like me it is a gold mine.
on December 22, 2009
This is not a bridge game; it is a teaching lesson about what to lead.
on December 11, 2010
This is a very basic program and the appearance is difficult to recognize. Ithought because it was on a CD by itself that it would be superior to the Bridge game on Hoyle cards when in factit is inferior.
on December 14, 2012
An excellent training tool. Very well done.

The only drawback was the installation didn't work as described. It had my wife stumped and I had to go into the files on the disk and open the correct one.

I could install this on a Vista 32-bit system. It will not install on Windows 7 64-bit system.
on November 28, 2011
HOYLE Bridge
I used this product with Windows 95 but when I upgraded to 7 it wouldn't work. The description given didn't say this so I was stuck with something that didn't work. However when i emailed Amazon about it they refunded my money. Amazing company.
on April 14, 2012
When I received the CD I played many games and all was well. When my computer with Windows XP died, I purchased another one, but it was Windows 7.
Well, the CD does not work with Windows 7, so I can no longer use the CD.
on June 3, 2014
I didn't realize that the program was not good on a Win7 machine. I am not even sure it would have worked on an XP. Software is generally forward compatible, but not this.Very disappointed. Instead of having a game on my computer we are now just going online to play.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2012
Through my whole adult life people have tried to get me to learn bridge. I've finally decided to give it a try. The Hoyle CD is a good primer. I haven't worked my way through very much of it, but I'm beginning to get the hang of bidding and scoring.

See 1 answered question