Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Encore Software The Print Shop 3.0 Pro DSA
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Platform: PC Disc|Change

on September 21, 2011
I have been using The Print Shop on a regular basis since it was DOS based and this is, by far, the worst incarnation of the program I have ever used. It closes without warning, it is sluggish in doing almost anything, it doesn't maintain margins or borders, you can't center your first line and left align the remaining text in a text box, it is almost impossible to go back and figure out what font you used in a selection because you can't highlight it and it will show you. Just about everything I touch in this program either doesn't work, doesn't work well, or is very cumbersome. I am very sorry I purchased this version. I will be going back to a previous version, one that actually works.
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2011
I have bought every version of Print Shop, so I know how the product works. This is completely useless. There is an update that corrects some of the issues, but basic functions such as cut, paste, and copy do not work. Printing features don't work. I spent 2 hours trying to print a 1 page sign. I gave up, went to my previous version of Print Shop 23.1 and did it in minutes. This is not worth the cost of postage.
on October 30, 2011
I should have read the reviews before purchasing this program. First of all, the download process was cumbersome (don't expect to talk to a person for help) and now the program is sluggish and it sporadically closes and takes forever to reopen. I thought the eye dropper tool would be great to cover up some shadows in a picture I wanted to use but all I can get it to do is change the whole background, I'm not sure what it is there for because there are other ways to change the background color. Several years ago, I had a simple program from another company and it was so easy to use and I was able to do some awesome things but it burned in a house fire. Hoping to use Print Shop 3.0 Professional to do some advertising for my husband's office, I purchased it and now 2 days later, I'm still trying to get a simple post card made. Wish it were a better program; it would make my day so much happier.
on October 1, 2011
Have purchased several Print Shop versions in the past and was happy with them until I bought v2.0. Like everyone else, I could not open previous Print Shop projects in Windows7. Purchased 3.0 Deluxe CD from Broderbund based on the promise that I would be able to do that. Loaded it today (as well as the 3.0.3 update which promised corrections to forced closing issues) and, while it looks good, I cannot access ANY new blank projects, clipart or new ready-made templates. After I select a project category, there are many descriptive icons with pictures and many more descriptive icons with an exclamation point inside a yellow triagle. Clicking on any of the icons gives me error messages: "The Path Is Not Of A Legal Form" and "Server Response Error". I have no idea what those messages mean and the user guide does not address any troubleshooting issues other than to suggest rebooting the computer or reinstalling the software. I followed the suggestions (twice) but have had no success creating new projects. Also downloaded new free clipart (just to see if I could do it) and the instructions for importing it into the 3.0 program were not easy to follow or easy to do. Of course, there is no telephone number for Tech Support and because I had to send an e-mail, I will probably get a canned response in a few WEEKS -- if I get a response at all. I now have defective software that I may not be able to use. For me, this purchase was a waste of my money. Guess I'll have to go back to v2.0 and lose all my previous projects.
on December 7, 2011
I have been using Printshop for years despite it's annoying idiosyncracies because I learned how to use it and in the end I was very pleased with the final outcome.

I am not one to publicly criticize a product but but there is no way to contact these folks with a list of my issues with it, so I'm hoping someone from the company will see it here:

Problems with Broderbund Printshop 3.0
* I ordered and was charged for download that I did not receive
* The program shuts down when deleting art from library, shuts down when changing spacing, shuts down for no reason in particular. Multiple times during each session.
* After changing format, it reverts to old format when trying to edit.
* Cannot reorganize pages.
* Won't find previous (Printshop 2.3) versions on disc, as it claims it will, when opening existing docs for import
* No clip art~ ongoing (for months now) problem with online server.
* Long (LONG!) delay in typing headlines.
* Won't cut and paste boxes or text.
* Spends a significant amount of time in the not responding mode.
* Edit button is not usually available.
* Text wrap does not hold if any change is made in the page.
* The downloadable upgrade that is supposed to deal with these issues-doesn't

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!- unless you take pleasure in wasting lots and lots of time and seething with frustration.
on September 27, 2011
I have used prior versions of this and Printmaster. Printshop 3.0 does not provide access to on-line clip art gallery (something that can be purchased for an additional price, which I had access to before). The online tech support never responded to two inquiries. Online resources for troubleshooting were not very informative. The information tree for telephone calls announces outright that no technician will answer certain calls and the only option is to look online. So far I'm finding it less sophisticated than earlier versions. I puchased it so I could access old projects on a new computer; while my projects transferred, the formatting does not allow me to utilized the old projects. And its glitchy.
on October 11, 2011
I have purchase several versions of Print Shop over the years and each new version has been an improvement until this one. Most of the functions don't work, no customer support and endless frustration made me ask for a refund (which took quite a while to get a response and still waiting for it to show up on my credit card). Stick with Version 23.0 -- works great.
on March 29, 2012
I am so surprised there are no reviews for this program, unlike the number of reviews for TPS 3.0 and 3.0 Deluxe. If there was an option for no stars, that would be my preference. It is so unfortunate that a once wonderful and intuitive program has been released with a high probability of absolutely no testing by the developers. I'd like to say though that after trying to use it for a couple of weeks (only after the patch was applied) I decided that it had so many deficiencies that I applied for a refund and got it within a mere 10 days. So, don't be discouraged. If you own this program I would highly recommend that you do apply for a refund and wait until the program is completely overhauled before you give it a second chance. Some of the new features are outstanding but most do not work at all and several features from previous versions are missing completely. It's sad because TPS 23.1 is really the last useable version and yet, many of its features are not included. Even if the patch did take care of some of the issues the fact of the matter is that the quality of the final printed project is horrible. It has nothing to do with drivers or anything else on your computer - it's simply TPS 3.0 in any of its incarnations. My favourite font for greeting cards which works beautifully in any other program is rendered useless in TPS 3.0 Professional. It lacks so many things - the very few sizes one can chose from for Avery labels is pitiful, envelopes are nearly impossible to design and print unless you've got hours to waste, calendars are a nightmare. Having to download graphics is time consuming and many of them cannot be downloaded onto your computer so that they are available in other programs. The list goes on. Don't waste your money or if you have and are frustrated, do apply for a refund.
on January 3, 2012
This is by far the worst desktop publishing software I have ever used. I used the print shop 20 years ago and enjoyed it then. So the other day I was looking for something to make brochures and posters that would be more "professional" looking. I thought this looked great in the store, and I only assumed the software would be even better than it was 20 years ago....WRONG!!

First, I use a professional printer that does everything.....but I can't even get a greeting card to print double sided with this. And what does print...even text....is extremely poor quality and looks blurry.

Technical support is nowhere to be found. Yes, there is a website and a forum (that isn't monitored by anyone who actually works for the company), but it isn't helpful at all. The new patch didn't fix the problems either....I tried it. I also called the tech support number and sat on hold for a whole hour before hanging up....I'm not sure there is actually anyone there to help. Based on the number of bad reviews here, they are probably hiding somewhere.
on January 7, 2012
i have used the print shop since it first came out in the late 1980s. this version is such an abject failure i'm not sure i can articulate everything that is wrong with it. it is by far the WORST piece of software i have ever purchased. EVER. (and i've bought some crummy software) it is completely useless. no advanced photo editing, no ability to scale fonts (except what is in the drop down presets which have fewer options the bigger you get for example it goes from 48 to 72 with nothing in between), no ability to set transparent color...it freezes, won't save, saves very low quality .pdf, clip art interface is frustrating...there is so much this software won't do i don't even remember it all! if you want the print shop go with version 23.1. let me emphasize: TOTALLY USELESS don't waste your $$$. one star is too generous. word and powerpoint are far more versatile.