5.0 out of 5 stars For Adults & Children, July 6, 2007
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Animals (Paperback)
We actually bought this book to replace the one of it we had bought before. My son is now almost two years old. He loves this book. It is a BIG book filled with amazing info and (more importantly) pictures. He loved this book so much that before he could carry it he would slide it across the floor for me to read. This book is a MUST for any child that has any interest in animals at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book!, February 16, 2009
MercyMomma (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Animals (Paperback)
Every child should have this book! Its full of so many photos of all different kinds of animals and lots of great information as well. My three year old loves to page through this book and the information is concise enough that I can quickly read a page or paragraph and tell her about the animal, yet it has enough info that we both learn something new. We plan to use this as a resource for many years to come, but its great just for looking at pictures even now! I think it should come in hardcover, but I couldn't tell if the hardcover version was the same or if it was an older edition since it looks different. We have the soft cover and it looks like will hold up ok, but being such a big heavy book I'd rather it was hard cover. Oh well. I debated between this book and the "my first" version and chose this, I'm glad I did, the "my first" just didn't seem to have as much info or animals in it as this one. This one isn't overwhelming either, its great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource for Homeschooling, July 8, 2011
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Animals (Paperback)
We purchased this book as a supplement for homeschooling our 6 and 10 year olds. The book has gorgeous pictures with an overview of many animals. There are just enough details to whet your appetite to learn more without overwhelming you if it's an animal you aren't that interested in. We're very pleased with the purchase and really recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, October 18, 2007
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Animals (Paperback)
DK has done it again. My son, a true animal lover and enthusiast, simply devoured this book. Highly recommended for children - and adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous pictures, October 19, 2010
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Animals (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my sons 4th birthday because he loves animals. This book was such a hit that he preferred to look at the book over playing with his new toys and Grandma and Grandpa loved it too. My 6 year old daughter has been found going through the pages and reading about her favorite animals. The pictures are great and include interesting tidbits about each animal. I had purchased my copy at Barnes and Noble for $20 but saw that it was on Amazon for only $14 so I ordered another. I figure that this would be a good Xmas gift or a perfect birthday gift to have on hand. You will not be disappointed and neither will your child!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Incredible book, September 30, 2010
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Animals (Paperback)
My son who's now seven has always been mad about animals since a baby has for the past 3 years not been able to put this book down once he starts reading it.

It is amazing value for money and the wealth of detail is astonishing.

Our son is always regaling us with "animal quizzes" e.g trying to make us guess the lifespan of a quetzel whatever that is.

Will improve your child's knowledge of animals much more that you can ever imagine. Only problem is it weighs a ton. Each page is packed with information though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, December 26, 2013
We use this book for our homeschool zoology course. Great information, love the pictures and all the great information. The fact box is a nice feature as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, February 17, 2010
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Animals (Paperback)
We love this book. My 3 yo will sit for ages while we flip through and read as will my 6 yo. The pictures are stunning and the information is perfect for elementary-aged children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish Animals were in Alphabetical Order, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Animals (Paperback)
It is a really nice-looking book with good quality pictures. It also came with a very nice poster. My niece believes the book needs to list the animals in alphabetical order and to also list more animals. She also wishes that with each animal, there would have been more written about the animal, instead of just a small paragraph. Other than that, my niece recommends this book to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift or quiet time book. Gorgeous photos., July 24, 2014
S. Johnson (Semmes, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encyclopedia of Animals (Paperback)
We homeschool and have kids of all ages around often. Every child to whom I've handed this book immediately sat and started reading and enjoying the beautiful pictures. Even pre-readers will love the gorgeous, full-color photos. This is my "I need you to be still and quiet for a while" book. I recommend animal encyclopedias as gifts for little ones. They will be enjoyed for years.

Encyclopedia of Animals
Encyclopedia of Animals by DK Publishing (Paperback - August 21, 2006)
$21.99 $15.39