5.0 out of 5 stars Can you clue in to the solution?
Published on March 30, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Encyclopedia Brown keeps them fair.
I liked this book. The mysteries were good and all but........
They weren't for little kids. Some people think they are. I am NOT one of them. SORRY
Published 2 months ago by Beanie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you clue in to the solution?, March 30, 2000
By A Customer
Donald J. Sobol has done it again with another great collection of 10 mysteries that his hero, Encyclopedia Brown, must solve. From the obvious to the scientific you'll have to use your wits to figure out these stories. From a kidnapping to stolen diamonds to a local bitter drink contest this book is a great get-away for those who like to think out solutions as they read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encyclopedia Brown Book # 3, July 17, 2012
This is a really awesome book! It is 10 stories (chapters) in which Encyclopedia Brown solves a particular case. Encyclopedia Brown is a young boy, smart because he reads a lot. He is very intelligent, clever, and attentive to detail. He sees/detects things that the ordinary person would not.

I loved all 10 cases, but my favorite was "The Case of Bug's Kidnapping". I figured that one out before I read the answer at the back of the book. I was proud of myself, because I don't usually figure them out!

The author is very clever and witty indeed. I love these books. They are for "children" but they are "chapter" books. Even adults can enjoy these fun books.

P.S. I just saw where the author of these books, Donald J. Sobol, died last Wednesday, July 11, 2012, at age 87. What a coincidence to have just discovered his books right before he died.

5.0 out of 5 stars the kid loves em, February 8, 2007
my 6 year old nephew just loves these stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Mysteries and Puzzles, May 5, 2003
Encyclopedia Brown is a 5th grade boy who solves puzzles, crimes and mysteries as easily and as unconsciously as breathing.
Each book is a series of short mysteries (5-10 pages each) ending with a question - usually "how did Encyclopedia know that X was responsible for the crime". The answer to each mystery is at the back of the book. Solving the mystery takes no special knowledge, but it does require paying attention to detail. Don't turn to the answer too fast.
This book is the third in the series, but the books do not have to be read in order. I loved the Encyclopedia Brown books when I was growing up. I am reading them again before I give them to my nephew who I hope will enjoy them as I did. (The target reading level is ages 9-12).
Adults who like this series may also enjoy the Lateral Thinking Puzzles books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch the Boy Work! Match Wits with Encyclopedia Brown, April 20, 2003
A. Wolverton (Crofton, MD United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Teaching kids to observe, think, and have fun at the same time? Difficult? Not with the Encyclopedia Brown books!
This is actually the third book in the Encyclopedia Brown series by author Donald J. Sobol. In this volume, Encyclopedia Brown, the smartest kid in Idaville, tackles ten cases. Kids (and adults) will have a great time matching wits with Encyclopedia as they gather clues with him and seek to put together the pieces of the puzzle. If you can't crack the puzzles, don't worry: the solutions to each case appear at the end of the book.
These stories were first published in the 1960's, so they're a little dated, but they still provide loads of fun, and some of them are pretty tricky. If you'd like to develop critical thinking and observation skills in your kids, you can't go wrong with Encyclopedia Brown.
10 cases, 112 pages total

3.0 out of 5 stars Encyclopedia Brown keeps them fair., May 4, 2014
I liked this book. The mysteries were good and all but........

5.0 out of 5 stars #LOL, February 15, 2014
the best part about this report that I love when I finished the best of the best book on my kindle

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is it?, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Paperback)
Sorry to report that the book never made it to it's destination. Grandson will never know who much his Dad loved these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book so awesome awesome awesome.we're we're here in america the land of the free, January 23, 2014
It's a great book. It's better than Percy Jackson. It's also better than......... I SEE FIRE by ed Sheeran.awesome book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, September 1, 2013
This review is from: Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Paperback)
I bought the first in this nice old series for my seven year old grandson. I remembered them from the time my son was enjoying them a long time ago! He loves a good story and he loves to solve mysteries. The fact that the main character is a smart little boy is frosting on the cake. He finished the first book in no time and I ordered the next two in the series. He is enjoying each one. Since each book is segmented into several stories, it is the perfect bedtime book. You can read only as much as there is time for and still have a whole story or two. There is no doubt that more books in this clever series will be going his way.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues
Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues by Donald J. Sobol (Paperback - September 6, 2007)
$4.99 $4.49