- Do no harm: use safe, effective, natural therapies.
- Nature has healing powers: the physician's job is to enhance the body's natural power to heal itself.
- Identify and treat the cause: find the cause, rather than just suppress the symptoms.
- Treat the whole person: administer to the patient's physical, mental/emotional, spiritual, and social sides.
- The physician is a teacher: educate and motivate patients to take more responsibility for their health.
- Prevention is the best cure: health-supporting life habits prevent disease.
- Establish health and wellness: increase the patient's positive physical and mental state.
This book shows you how to improve your health through a positive mental attitude, healthy lifestyle, health-promoting diet, and supplements, with plenty of practical tips. Learn disease prevention through enhancing key body systems. The bulk of the book details natural remedies for treating more than 70 ailments. Each includes symptoms, description, therapeutic considerations (with discussion of studies), and a treatment summary, including nutritional supplements and botanical (herbal) medicines. If you have a disease, this book will give you a valuable perspective on natural treatments. If you're well, it will give you many pointers for maintaining and enhancing your health. --Joan Price
From Library Journal
Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.