Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 9, 2012
I give this book a 5 star rating because it deserves it. It allowed me to interact with our children by showing them wrestlers of my generation and reading facts about theirs. I showed my parents and they were amazed at this bookccontained people they knew. Definitely a conversational piece.
on November 10, 2012
I've bought about 12-15 WWE books, so I know what they are all about. This one is the best on EVER, hands down. It has anybody who has ever wrestled in WWE, including many of the jobbers. Heck, even Chris Benoit is in it. If you are a wrestling fan, you must own this book.
on November 10, 2012
Any serious fan of the WWE already knows how good the 1st edition of the WWE Encyclopedia was, the 2nd edition is ever better! They included all the omissions from the last edition including one of my all time favorite WWF characters Jameson! This book is an absolute must for any WWE/WWF Fan! There were questions about when this book was coming out, it is out now! Got my copy right here thanks to Amazon Saturday delivery!
77 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2015
MUST HAVE!! For the wrestling fan in your life! It was so fun to look through and see all the wrestlers from WAAAAAAAAY back to now! Their heights, weights ,where they're from even for some what they are doing now is great! We got this for our 11 year old son who we bring to different wrestling events with this book and he loves having them sign their pictures. It will make for an amazing keepsake one day.
on May 3, 2014
First off, It features pretty much all the major stars (both old and new) in this book, Along with a brief history of them and the titles they won. They also feature recaps of the PPVs and title histories. My only issue is that it's not 100% complete, It's missing info.

For example, Ultimo Dragon won the WCW Cruiserweight title twice and the WCW Television title twice. That information is not featured so of course it's sort of annoying to see such a classic wrestler get disrespected because they couldn't afford to put 2 sentences of info on a page.

I hope for the next version, They don't half-ass it and leave out information. That's sort of annoying. Still, The book is still good overall and well worth buying because you do learn a lot from it. It's just frustratingly incomplete.
on December 17, 2012
Mygod brothers love the WWE so I got them this for thier birthday. I thumbed through it before I wrapped it up. It was well worth the money. I fig this would tell them way more then the strategy guides they love to read on a daily and walk around with. Great investment.
on April 15, 2014
The WWE Encyclopedia is a reference book featuring in-depth knowledge surrounding the leading organization in professional wrestling, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). The book covers the 45-year history of WWE and features a comprehensive A-Z listing of nearly 1,000 former and current wrestlers from as early as the 1960s to the present day. The book also contains official listings for title histories, television and pay-per-view events, most notably, a detailed history of WrestleMania. Also included are highlights of memorable merchandise, video games and fan signs as well as former WWE superstars who have gone on to have successful film careers. Working on a documentary film about many of the individuals and athletes listed in this book, I can attest to this being the best book to know all the facts and figures of your favorite legends. This book comes highly recommended from myself and will be a treasure for all those who love the sport of wrestling for years to come. If you do not own this book do not hesitate to get it. So worth the price.
on January 22, 2016
The WWE Encyclopedia Updated & Expanded was published in November of 2012 and I got it for Christmas that year. As the name states, this is a true encyclopedia of all things WWE / WWF covering all eras. As with most of coffee table books, it’s really more of a reference or something you’ll flip through from time to time rather than read it cover to cover. That being said, there’s so much in here that you really COULD read it start to finish.

It is touted as “The Definitive Guide To WWE” and I’ve got a hard time arguing with that statement. The first thing I looked for when opening the book told me just how inclusive this was… It includes Chris Benoit. And while it doesn’t go into details on his death (nor would I expect it to) it gives him a half page spread and talks about his accomplishments. As far as I know, this is by far the most the WWE has referenced Benoit either on air on in print since his death.

That huge positive aside, there’s still clearly politics at play here. If you look at the cover (front, back and inside jacket) you’ll notice a glaring absence: Hulk Hogan. I can’t say I blame WWE though. At the time of publication, Hogan was the acting general manager of TNA. Luckily, the hard feelings didn’t extend into the book and WWE gave the Hulkster the treatment he deserves with a full two page spread.

Hindsight being what it is, inclusion of CM Punk front and center on the cover and Superfly Jimmy Snuka flying over the entire historical roster weren’t the best choices, but they were working with that they knew at the time.

Hall of Famers are recognized with a seal on their entry that tells which year they were inducted which is a nice touch. The book also includes timelines for each championship, entries for PPVs, referees and The Undertaker’s Streak (20-0 at the time of printing).

One thing I did find sort of weird was where they placed folks in the book – by FIRST name. If you’re looking for Ric Flair, you need to go to the R section. I would have assumed he would have show up in the Fs. A small, nit picky issue to be certain, but one I wanted to point out. It’s not even really an issue until you’re looking up something like the Hart family. I’d expect to see Bret and Owen in close proximity, but based on the first name format, they’re in totally different areas.

All of that said, the WWE Encyclopedia Updated & Expanded is a simply outstanding book and every wrestling fan will enjoy it. It’s worth every penny. Strongest of recommends.
on December 27, 2012
Bought this for my nephew. He is just getting into WWE. Growing up, I was really into WWF through Junior High. Haven't paid attention to it in 20 years. Basically out grew it. It was fun going through this book. It has every wrestler you can think of in this book. Concise summary. Great stroll down memory lane. More importantly, my nephew loves it!
on December 25, 2013
I just flipped through the book quickly before giving it to my husband as a gift, but it looked incredible!! great pictures and tons and tons of info. he couldn't wait to sit down with it after the holidays.