5.0 out of 5 stars A Walvoord Masterwork, May 14, 1999
By A Customer
What a witnessing opportunity prophecy can be as we head into the twenty first century. Everyone, whether Christian, atheist, Muslim, or Buddhist has an opinion on how the end will come about. As Christians, we have the answers as to what is going to happen in the future. What better way to discuss biblical truths with an unbeliever than to talk about something that is so important in today's society? In doing this, however, we need to know the truths and the promises God has made to us, and other parts of the world. Dr. Walvoord has spent his life researching this topic that is talked about so much in these days. Walvoord talks about end times in a way that the simple layman can understand, but with truths that should be taken to heart by the most devout student of the Bible. Walvoord explains in detail some of the issues that are staring the near future in the face. If you want to know what the Bible says about today's headlines and about why we should study prophecy, you owe it to yourself, and others to get this book. What an inspiration to know how God has kept His promises, and will keep His promises in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a way to share our hope, March 13, 2001
This review is from: End Times: Understanding Today's World Events in Biblical Prophecy (Hardcover)
I have been interested in how this present age is going to end. Since becoming a Christian a few years back, I have tried to share our hope with those outside of Christ. This book has helped me see more ways to reach people. I read the book through in the first reading and then went back through it again. I did so, so that I could spend the time to look up the Scripture references and read them in context. I find that this is an essential part of any study of the Bible that you undertake. I was impressed with the way that the interpretation kept within the context of the passage. It took me extra time to do so, but, I feel that this is what is needed for evangelism so that we will always be able to explain the passages to those that are searching. I would recommend this book as a great tool to use when you talk with someone about Christ and about the promises that we are given. You are able to show God's love for us by showing not only what He has done in the past, but what He is going to do on our behalf in this present age and in the age to come. This book not only helps you with your sharing of our Lord, it enriches your own faith and deepens your love and appreciation of our God

5.0 out of 5 stars What Can You Expect From the Future, October 9, 2013
I chose this rating because the book affirmed my belief and what is to occur in the end times of which I believe we are in and it backed up everything set forth in the book with Bible scripture. There was nothing I did not like about it. Reading friendly.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has questions about the future of this country and world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Literal Interpreting of John's Prophecy, September 9, 2013
Sue (Vero Beach, Florida) - See all my reviews
Walvoord makes the case in his book, "End Times," that "while many prophetic truths are of great importance, the Rapture is the most important for believers in Christ." Walvoord points out that "the judgment seat of Christ is a reminder to evaluate our lives to be sure we are not simply avoiding evil but are also incorporating into our lives the things that will make a difference in eternity from God's point of view."
The book is, of course, heavy on prophecy and takes the reader back constantly to the Old Testament prophets work as it relates to John's work at Patmos.
I loved the way our author explains the basics - "Physical death separates an individual from his or her body; the second death separates the individual from the grace and mercy of God."
Books like this are very important for the advanced student as "nothing should be clearer that the fact that Satan is now very active..." "End Times" has taught me much. I am better prepared to answer questions concerning the Rapture.
"As we study biblical prophecy, we can gain insight into how we should live now and what our value system should be."

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Book at a Good Price, January 29, 2009
We were very pleased with the condition of the book and the arrival well within the limits.

ARRAY(0xa8856b70)

End Times: Understanding Today's World Events in Biblical Prophecy
End Times: Understanding Today's World Events in Biblical Prophecy by John F. Walvoord (Hardcover - June 6, 1998)
Used & New from: $15.86