Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition - Playstation 3
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 3, 2012
LIMITED EDITION:
I was expecting a lot more out of this Limited Edition. The Artbook is something only a little bit better quality than the Metal Gear Solid 4 artbook I got for free from reserving MGS4 from Gamestop so many years ago (Same quality you'd find in a $15 strategy guide, a lot less pages though). Then the CD is just...I wouldn't call it horrible, but it's pretty bad. I was hoping to get the theme songs from both games, but it only seems to feature a remixed version of one of them and then everything else on it isn't worth listening to. Its sad when this game features one of the best, and possibly eeriest, soundtracks of the PS2 age. I would have appreciated it a little more if the game package was different than the regular retail also.

I originally bought this being a Zone of the Enders fan, and seeing how it was nearly over $100 for the Limited Edition in Japan with the same content. I feel ripped off, but they must have felt even worse. (I know at least one review on Amazon Japan criticized how we got such a better deal, if you want to call even what we got a deal)

ZONE OF THE ENDERS:
The game itself is good. Just made my way through the first one without any "glitches". I read other reviews and they seemed to be under the impression of glitches, which I haven't encountered, if they even exist. The game looks very bright and crisp (a little boxy though), but I do feel a little unsatisfied with the cutscenes which weren't redone. They had the time to get Sunrise to animate a new 6 minute opening for the game (which I feel wasn't necessary), but they couldn't touch up the now very poor looking cutscenes in the first Zone of the Enders (which all cutscenes in total might be only 20 minutes long). They could've; just redone them in HD, start from scratch and recreate HD cutscenes, or have a studio animate them in the same style as ANUBIS/2nd Runner, but instead they left them as is.

2ND RUNNER:
Thankfully, the cutscenes (non Anime) in 2nd Runner are redone in HD and 2nd Runner looks and plays beautifully in HD. I forgot how much faster Jehuty and the gameplay over ZOE.

THE CONTENT:
Content wise the game is also lacking, it's barebones. ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection featured interviews, tech demos, and making ofs, this just has the two games and the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo.

METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE DEMO:
I will say, the demo changed my general interest in MGRising into a want for the game, so it's worth checking out. The demo installs from the disc but requires the ZOE HD Collection game disc to be in the system to play, so you can't just borrow the ZOE Collection and install the demo to your HDD if you want to get just the demo.

CONCLUSION:
If you haven't played any of the ZOE games, you should check this out, definitely starting with the first. It may not be as good as 2nd Runner, but the final climax in the first ZOE will make you appreciate what you achieve in 2nd Runner a lot more. (and the first game is only about 4 hours long)
55 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2014
Beautiful collection for the greatest games in the PS2 library!

Fast paced japanese robot action that has not been duplicated ever since for reasons no one knows why. If your dream is to play a video game that gives you the same experience as what you would imagine flying a Macross, Gundam, etc. mecha, you have found the video game! No other game comes even close to Zone of the Enders I and II in making the fast and frenetic mecha action come to life.

This collection also uses the PS3's power to good use by removing some of the framerate issues with the PS2 version. When you're facing down a TON of enemies, the PS2 wasn't up to snuff, but the PS3 is! GET THIS GAME NOW!
on January 23, 2013
I'll admit, I like these HD remakes but most of the games don't hold up to the memories you might have had when you first played them. I other words they look pretty but show their age in gameplay. NOT THIS ONE. I am a big fan of the series and was excited to see this announced all though I was nervous they might lose some of the original greatness. These titles have held up great. It truly is falling in love all over again.
on May 19, 2013
Mech action x2 can't get better than that just be aware of that even if this is a HD remake graphics are still dated so don't expect to have outstanding graphics like the ones on Armored Core V or similar games but don't be fooled this game is worth every single penny that you put down Buy NAO!!!!!!!!
on March 7, 2016
This game is great. Fast paced, lots of action to go around, and piloting mechs is fun. Anyone who enjoys anime, or even anime like styled games, will enjoy this game. Plus the description was correct. Brand new.
on September 13, 2013
With the latest Patch made by HexaDrive, the ps3 version of Zone of the Enders the Second Runner has become the best version of the game, above all others including the original PS2 version of the game, a lot of things where fixed, the cutscenes were improved, the frame rate is at a steady 60 frames per second, (even when anubis makes his burst attack wich lowered the framerate even in the PS2 version). the first zone of the enders game was untouched by the patch but it didnt have much problems at all, and it is totally playable.
on August 27, 2014
Great game if you're into mechas and the Sunrise/Bandai franchise. The limited edition version will come in a big oversize, thin box. I recommend picking two up when it's on sale; one for playing and one to keep sealed.
on October 27, 2013
I played the first game many years ago and remember it fondly. If you played any of those games than you might want to get this and with this collection edition you get a a lot more than you would have guessed.
on October 30, 2014
This is one of the rare times that I have bought into the fad of buying the same product in a "RE-MASTERED, Super-Duper, Deluxe, Special" edition.

Z.O.E. holds a special place in my heart. I have always been into video games but I had little to no interest in buying a PS2. I was more than happy to let it pass as I prefer PC games and was happy with my other systems (PS, N64, and SNES) It was seeing and playing the game on my buddy's console that stoked the craving. The only other games to do that have been the Metal Gear Solid series (hmmm... There seems to be a relation...)

What can I say... This game is the realization of all the fantasies that an 8 year me had while watching TV shows like Grendizer, Transor-Z (Mazinger) and Voltron. To be a giant robot dueling "monsters" without the limitations that would come from being essentially a walking skyscraper? Add in total freedom of movement--including the ability to fly? C'mon! Then there are the memories of adult me coming home from work and playing Z.O.E. and its sequel. Even all these years later, I still have a manic grin as I write this.

Z.O.E., and MGS are the reasons that I have never gotten rid of my PS2, and it was MGS 4 that made me buy the PS3 so if there is any "old" game series that I would want to re-play without having to pull my PS2 out of storage it is this.
on April 16, 2015
This game is a masterpiece, gorgeous graphics and amazing story. art book is amazing with a lot of character sketches and artwork from both games. audio CD is good but I don't like it that much. My favorite songs where mixed with dubstep and electronic music they are great but not what I was specking.