5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to Ender saga
Published on December 6, 2011 by author111

Published on April 12, 2011 by Braden E. Bost

4.0 out of 5 stars MY GRADE: B to B plus., August 1, 2012
This review is from: Ender's Game: Command School (Hardcover)
This is the last graphic novel for the first novel of the Card series, "Ender's Game". The focus is mostly upon Ender revitalizing the Dragon Team with a crew of "undesirables" and then the higher ups pushing Ender to his breaking capacity before he confronts his final test. This particular volume is very much focused on strategies and tactics.

Written by Christopher Yost and artwork by Pasqual Ferry andFrank D'Armata.

CHARACTERS/DIALOGUE: B plus; STORY/PLOTTING: B to B plus; ARTWORK PRESENTATION: B plus; BEAN FOCUS: B plus; WHEN READ: early August 2012; OVERALL GRADE: B to B plus.

SPOILERS: I thought the ending after the Formics were eradicated was rushed. It should have had a few extra pages minimum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to Ender saga, December 6, 2011
This review is from: Ender's Game: Command School (Hardcover)
Librarians have access to all thing written. I don't remember what led me to Ender's Game back in 1992 but I've been astounded by every addition to the tale that began as a short story. Card's descriptions are rich, but I was delighted to see them realized in graphic novel form, pretty much the way they appeared to me. I would hope that anyone finding the graphic novels first would also dive into the books they are derived from, thus enriching their understanding of Ender's world.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little better than "Battle School," but that's not saying much., April 12, 2011
This review is from: Ender's Game: Command School (Hardcover)
Maybe it's because it's actually a little better. Maybe it's because I read this weeks after reading "Ender's Game," whereas I read "Battle School" only days after finishing it. The story still feels rushed like a bad Michael Bay movie, but not as rushed as the first one. Though, again, I knew what was going on only because I'd read the novel. That's what this is really for: you've read the novel, now here's someone's vision of it. It's a little fun to see the story--the Dragon Army battles, the fight with Bonzo, the conversation with Val on the lake--but that's it. Don't expect any real substance from this.

It hits all the big story points, but completely leaves out the Locke and Demosthenes subplot and the entire epilogue. You are also shown that Bean is important, but not ever shown why as you are in the book--but there's a graphic novel adaptation for "Ender's Shadow," so maybe they explore it more there . . . but then again, if these two books are any indication, they won't. As with the first one, too, the art is fine, but its still obviously done lazily on a computer, re-using some drawings and zooming in on them rather than drawing a whole page. The drawings are well done and they're interesting, sure, but c'mon. These aren't very long graphic novels, don't make them look so rushed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool take on the books, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Ender's Game: Command School (Hardcover)
A nice new version of the book. Very cool to see master authors and artists bring the story to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, can't wait to read the next one!, February 17, 2014
I love this series, I wish I could go up to space and do that! what? Can't a girl like fighting?? Plus ENDERS AWESOME!!!!!!!! And my name is not terri, it's jayme.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZON's SUPERBOWL SELLER...YOUR MVP, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Ender's Game: Command School (Hardcover)
I purchased this book as a gift for my 16 year old granddaughter. Not only was she thrilled to receive it, but moved by it's content and importance to her literary awareness...she loves it and the other book I purchased from the Seller...

As for the Seller, 5 STARS is just the beginning❕❕❕❕
The thoroughness of service and dedication for giving their customer a quality product (packaged with the best attention and concern to satisfy) makes this the BEST SELLER I have ever had with Amazon or anywhere...
...they made a significantly important purchase a memorable experience.
RATING 150+++

4.0 out of 5 stars Great comic, February 4, 2011
This review is from: Ender's Game: Command School (Hardcover)
The book was good. Realtively close to the book. If you haven't read the book, the comic could be a bit hard to follow. All-in-all, as a Card fan, I enjoyed it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible with Kindle for PC, September 14, 2013
Ender's Game: Command School is not compatible with Kindle for PC. If you read your books on a PC, do not buy this as you won't be able to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ender's Game, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Ender's Game: Command School (Hardcover)
We purchased these for our grandson because it was on his wish list. He is very, very happy with these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best adaptation ever!, February 21, 2011
This review is from: Ender's Game: Command School (Hardcover)
I know my opinnion won't be as objective as it should, because I'm a big fan of OSC's work.
Anyways, Pasqual Ferry's pencil is just sublime, for not mention colour work.

I didn't knew Marvel's Premiere Editions, but those editions are worthy of every single cent.
I would recommend it!

Ender's Game: Command School
Ender's Game: Command School by Orson Scott Card (Hardcover - March 24, 2010)
$24.99 $17.48