5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book that has it ALL!
Published on May 13, 2010 by Leslie Howard

2.0 out of 5 stars Good as an overview
I gave it a 2 star instead of a 1 because it does have the beginnings of some solutions for hypertonic pelvic floor muscles. Instead of going into all the ways it falls short and gives misinformation I will post the solution I found to the problem. The therawand for vaginal wall manipulation is a good tool and their website gives detailed instructions on the areas of...
Published 7 months ago by BluMandu

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book that has it ALL!, May 13, 2010
Leslie Howard (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ending Female Pain: A Woman's Manual - The Ultimate Self-Help Guide for Women Suffering from Chronic Pelvic and Sexual Pain (Paperback)
As a pelvic floor educator, yoga instructor and reforming pelvic pain sufferer, i have to say this is the best book out there on the subject. I travel the country educating women about their pelvic floors and until now have only been able to refer the women who have tightness or pain to books that were lacking in some way. This book gives you the "how to" on every level. Very easy to read and understand for the lay person. Very clear and concise on instructions (for example on self massage). With this book, Isa can help others that cannot get to her office. Isa's voice is loud and clear that her intent is to alleviate suffering. In the world of yoga, alleviating the suffering of others is one of the highest callings. She has my utmost respect as a pioneer in the field. Buy this book if you have pelvic pain. It is invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best home resource I have found!, January 11, 2010
I am an IC patient and chronic pelvic pain sufferer. After having gone through physical therapy to the end of my financial resources I thought that the only hope left for me was medication and what few home exercises I had learned. Now I am thrilled to have found this book. Isa gives you very easy to follow, detailed instructions for finding relief from daily pain. I am now able to use less medication and hope to be able to one day not use any for relief of my pelvic floor issues. The road to healing your pelvic pain issues is not easy but with this tool I have confidence that I can help myself recover. I am looking forward to living a more pain free and productive lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver!, December 7, 2013
After giving birth with a 3rd degree tear, intercourse was excruciating and impossible for the next year and a half. (It felt like sand paper, tearing, and like something was blocked). It was so painful that I wouldn't even let the Dr. near me to do an exam. I was desperate to try any alternative to the surgery recommended by my OBGYN and this book did the trick.

I followed the PT recommendations, massages, and used dilators in conjunction with the book. I could not believe the turn around. It took about 3 months to feel "normal" again after a year and a half of lost hope. 2 years later I am able to have intercourse with only about 5% of the pain I had after giving birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, February 28, 2014
Very uplifting and positive when suffering from pelvic pain. Lots of diagrams showing musculature and anatomy. Has stretching, breathing,and relaxation techniques. Also has internal and external physical therapy techniques to do on your self.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book saved my life!, January 8, 2012
I had suffered from pelvic/female pain for two years and tried everything by the time I came to this book--medications, urologists, urogynecologists, gynecologists, physical therapy, and so on. Nothing seemed to help much. Then, by reading this one AMAZING book, I find a simple solution of Herrera yoga, foam roller, etc. This book literally gave me back my life. I had feared never being able to have normal, functioning activities without pain, and now I have 100% of my life back. I don't normally write reviews on here, but this book truly deserves one. Thank you Isa Herrera--you are an angel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and Easily Accessible Info, December 27, 2011
This is a fabulous book! As a vulvodynia sufferer, I have been helped by this book. I did not expect to gain as much knowledge as I did because I went through a lot of medical treatment and spent many weeks doing physical therapy. Plus, I have read a couple of other books: The Vulvodynia Survival Guide: How to Overcome Painful Vaginal Symptoms and Enjoy an Active Lifestyle and The V Book: A Doctor's Guide to Complete Vulvovaginal Health. Ending Female Pain is well written and has nice black and while photos and illustrations. What helped me the most were the reverse kegels, the yoga stretches and the daily dilator exercises. If you have pelvic pain this book will not only educate you, but will give you concrete steps you can take to improve. I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book for bladder issues, January 6, 2013
julia Sheaffer (Keller, tx United States) - See all my reviews
This book highlights tools and really good information for people with urinary issues and it very good and you can actually avoid spenidng a lot of money on doctors and physical therapists by reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift of Self-Healing and Empowerment, November 2, 2009
Isa Herrera's book is bold, fearless, empowering and a must have for any woman suffering from chronic pelvic pain. The book details self-help physical exercises, many of which use the foam roller, (an inexpensive therapy tool) which changed my life. Being a New Yorker, I had the luck of being a patient of Isa so I got to know her skill as a clinician so in reading this book I can tell you that she has not held any of her knowledge back- she lays it all out in the book with excellent photos along with clearly written descriptions of the exercises. As a clinician and author,Chinese Medicine & Healthy Weight Management I know how hard it is as a to write for the layperson, but Isa overcame the potential pitfalls of dry writing and created a very accessible book.

As a mother of a toddler it is challenging to find time to do my all my PT exercises and yoga etc. But what I learned from Isa is that even by spending 10-15 minutes per day on the foam roller can transform the way my body felt. If you suffer from any of the health issues mention in the publishers description, or if you are like me who suffered from pelvic pain due to a prolonged labor which ended in an emergency C-section and left me with chronic pain and bladder problems (and more) for over a year, this book is for you. After almost a year and half of suffering, I am pain free thanks to the exercises I learned from Isa!! Don't let this opportunity for self-care and healing pass you by. Be Well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank Goodness, October 14, 2009
As a health and fitness professional working with mostly new moms, I am very excited about the release of Isa Hererra's new book. While the book addresses ALL types of pelvic pain (and there are many!), I am particularly excited to share it with the amazing moms I serve. Pelvic pain is often mysterious (even to doctors) and even more often ignored or just accepted as a "normal" sacrifice of motherhood. Thank goodness there are people out there that are finally speaking out with real solutions. "Ending Female Pain" will not only help you understand what is happening inside your own body, but also provides the tools to create a unique plan for your specific needs using simple physical exercises, myofascial release, hands-on tools and techniques, good habits, and daily living tools for mind, body, and spirit. I have already seen the techniques help several of my clients get back into my classes (not to mention enjoying life and sex once again). I encourage women in pain to read this book to get educated and take control of their pain. It is filled with stories of both pain and healing and will not only reassure you that it will be ok, but that you are not alone. It also provides a great starting point for a converstion between you and your doctor if further care is needed. I encourage fellow practitioners, trainers, therapists, and doctors to read it as well and join the mission to empower and educate women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and simply down-to-earth. A must-have for every woman., October 15, 2009
I am thrilled with the release of Isa Herrera's "Ending Female Pain". As an exercise specialist working mainly with pre/post women, I have found there to be a huge lack of resources and information surrounding physical issues that can arise before or after giving birth. This book honors and brings to light common issues that are often not talked about such as; pain during sex, painful c-section scarring, diastasis rehabilitation, and painful voiding. This book gives the reader take-home tools to help heal pain and discomfort that isn't always easy to talk about or pin-point. What I love most about this book is that it teaches the reader, one does not have to live with pelvic pain. The "taboo" subject of pain and dysfunction in the pelvic area has been progressively transformed into common knowledge thanks to this powerfully educating book. Anyone who is pregnant, has had a baby, is a fitness or wellness practitioner, or is close with someone who has had a baby should read this book. The information is valuable and very much needed for every woman no matter if they've had a baby or not.