Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 9, 2011
I received my BluRay copy of a-ha's "Ending on a High Note" last week, and have watched it straight through multiple times now. As a life long fan, this has been a long time coming. It is such a breath of fresh air to find a region free a-ha DVD here in the states.

This beautifully filmed concert experience is a must for any music lover. It looks and sounds amazing! The band have never sounded better- which is sad, considering this is their last outting as such. I was fortunate enough to see them in NYC last May, and this DVD really brought much of that experience back to me.

Every song is a gem- from The Sun Always Shines on TV, to Take On Me. For those of you to whom the rest are unfamiliar, you will not be disappointed. This is truly a concert experience. If you thought that these guys were a "one hit wonder", your jaw will drop at the throngs of adoring fans that descended upon Oslo for this show from all over the globe. It is heartwarming.

Get the BluRay- you will not be disappointed. And then go ahead and get "Minor Earth, Major Sky", "Lifelines", "Analogue", and "Foot of the Mountain". Then you will realize what this amazing band has been up to for the past decade or so, and what you have been missing all these years. :)
on May 2, 2011
A-ha's final concert in Oslo is beautifully shot and sounds amazing. The band never sounded better and Morten's voice is just beautiful, he absolutely sounds amazing on this! I am so sad the band is coming to an end... it seems to early! Their albums in the 00's-10's were their best and what a shame the US only knows Take On Me!
Get this! It plays perfectly on U.S. blu-ray players ::))
on July 5, 2011
ltd. Deluxe (2CD mit kompletten Konzert + 1 DVD mit Konzert + 25 Min. Making Of)

Das Konzert spiegelt die komplette Karriere der Band mit allen Hits wieder: "Take On Me", "Hunting High And Low", "Living Daylight", "Stay On These Roads", "Foot Of The Mountain" und alle anderen Hits.

Kurzbeschreibung

07 Stay On These Roads
08 Manhattan Skyline
09 Hunting High And Low
10 We're Looking For The Whales
11 Butterfly, Butterfly (The Last Hurrah)
12 Crying In The Rain
18 Analogue
19 The Living Daylights
20 Take On Me
on May 2, 2012
I like many people here in the U.S. missed out on a-ha for the last 25 years. Hunting High and Low was the first album I ever bought, sadly, it took me until now to rediscover them. This is definitely one of the top five concert blu-rays that I own. The only one I would definitely put ahead of this is Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid (that film is incredible in itself considering how long ago it was shot). Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's is a great concert blu-ray, but comparing that to this concert is like comparing apples to oranges. The performance here is stellar. All the band members are at the peak of their game. The sound mixing is excellent. Stage setup and visuals at the concert are incredible. Cinematography and visual mixing is excellent. Can't give this enough stars. Now I'm going back and buying all the albums that I missed out on! Hopefully a-ha will see how much they are missed and somehow see to unretire at some point (30th anniverary tour?), and hopefully make one last visit to the U.S.A. for all the stupid people like me who missed out on them all these years...

As an aside, when I first heard the song "We're Looking for the Whales", the song sounded so fresh, I thought it must have been from one of a-ha's last albums...I was shocked when I found out the song was on the album Scoundrel Days...a 26 year old album!!!

I've also come to realize one of the factors in a-ha deciding to retire is that for someone Morten's age to continue singing all those impossible high notes...it just can't be done forever...
on May 6, 2011
I received my blu-ray copy in the mail today (I'm actually watching it right now) and am blown away by the sound and picture quality. A-ha sound as good, if not better, than they have on any of their studio albums. I should have watched the whole thing before I wrote this, but I'm already 100% satisfied :)

The stage, background, crowd... everything is perfect and visually stunning. The arrangements of familiar classics are fresh and unique, without losing the well-loved sound of the originals. I can't remember if the product listing includes the full track listing, but it's a wonderful mix of the old and new. Of course I have favorites I wished were included, but I'm a die-hard fan and 20 songs could never be enough!

Okay, I just watched the bonus features. Not a lot to speak of, but still a very touching (if short) look at how A-ha has effected people all over the world. I wasn't expecting a wealth of bonus features, and for the price I am absolutely MORE than satisfied. A must-have for every A-ha fan!!
on February 28, 2015
Terrific concert! Sad to see this band end their career with 'a-ha'. Wonderful classic songs that I know I will cherish for the rest of my time.

Lot's of energy in this concert. They do play all of their known favorites here. Twenty songs and close to two full hours long, wish I could have been there for this HISTORICAL concert.

This DVD helps bring this show to your home. If you have not seen them LIVE then you should certainly feel this experience!
Check out this concert, cool show!
on February 12, 2012
If you like A-ha you must buy this. I had this at a get together at my house the other night and everyone loved it. I am impressed with the band and the concert along with the video. I haven't heard A-ha in a long time and I enjoyed this vid over and over again. Now I am waiting for the 25 years album to get here. EnjoyEnding on a High Note: Final Concert [Blu-ray]
on July 11, 2013
This was a wonderful, nostalgic visit to some of my favorite A-Ha songs. (I saw them in concert on their first visit to America when Hunting High and Low was released.) My only quibble was that, for me, there were way too many closeup shots of Morten's tongue and Pal's whiskers and wrinkles in the first half. The videographers could have created more flattering shots that wouldn't have been so distracting, unless they were actually trying to show them warts and all. Quibbles aside, this was a good video in which the performances kept getting better during the course of the concert, and worth watching again.
on November 6, 2012
"Ending On A High Note: Final Concert" is a brilliantly played performance that showcases powerful music harmony among the band members. "The Sun Always Shines On TV", "Manhattan Skyline", "Hunting High And Low", "Butterfly Butterfly (The Last Hurrah)", "Foot Of The Mountain" and "Take On Me" were some of my favorite performances of the concert. There is a complete listing of the concert songs on A-ha's storefront website from playdotcom. "Ending On A High Note: The Final Concert" is best for those who like at least three songs by A-Ha and/or pop music spanning from the 80's to the early 2000's.
on November 5, 2011
A-ha's "Ending on a High Note: Final Concert" is a very pleasant concert, aurally and visually. The band and the audience are polite, pleasing, and gracious.

The stage has three huge and sophisticated high tech backscreens, displaying constantly changing images.

Techno pop elements are on most of the songs, including their hit "Take On Me". That is the only song which I and probably most people know, here in the States. Their overall sound is delightful and has a nice feel to it.

A-ha has been around for about 25 years, and all three original band members look fairly fit and lean. In addition, there are two new people with the band.

Audio options are PCM Stereo and DTS MA 5.1.

Here is the song list.
7. Stay On These Roads
8. Manhattan Skyline
9. Hunting High And Low
10. We're Looking For The Whales
11. Butterfly, Butterfly (The Last Hurrah)
12. Crying In The Rain
17. Cry Wolf
18. Analogue
19. The Living Daylights
20. Take On Me

At 20 songs, and about one hour and 48 minutes, this concert is long.

_____________________________________________________________________

There are two extra features.

The first one is a very brief documentary at just under 15 minutes. It is basically
fan appreciation, with a few words from the band members.
Subtitles are offered only for this documentary.
French
Russian
Latin American Spanish
Brazilian Portuguese
Japanese

The second feature is a very brief black and white photo gallery, with just a few pictures.

The concert was filmed at the Oslo Spektrum, in Norway, on December 04, 2010.