5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game with lots of educational opportunities, June 21, 2012
This review is from: Zoo Panic (Toy)
I have to say- what a great concept. When I saw the picture on Endless Games website I thought it looked like it would be a blast.
The instructions were clear and easy to follow.
I love the simplicity of this game. The website says the game is for ages 3 and up, though the box says it is for ages 4 and up. Technically my one daughter is 3.5 yrs old and she loves it. There is no reading required to play the game. The child does need to be able to count the dots on a single die or have a parent help. Both my girls are able to count one to one, so it is perfect. If your child isn't counting one to one yet, this is a perfect opportunity to practice.
The object of the game is to get all the animals back in their correct cages. You do this by first landing on a brown animal space and picking up the card in the cage. This is the animal that you are finding the correct cage for. The girls love hunting on the board to see where they have to go to return the animal. Once you figure out where the animal belongs, you need to figure out the quickest way to that animal's cage. I felt this was a great educational opportunity.

I loved the educational opportunities in this game:
Figuring out which is the fastest route to a certain space.
One on one counting.
Learning the different animals.
Doubling numbers.
Matching the animal cards to the animal spaces. (I love that once you put the colorful animal card on the blue and white animal space it completes the picture. Reminds me of a puzzle.)

We also used it as an opportunity to work on our manners. Remembering to pass the die to the next player, or asking politely for the die if the previous player forgot.

They did however start getting tired of it after a while. I say this because I am under the assumption that you have to roll the exact number to reach the space to return the animal to its cage. This is what the instructions say, "An animal can be returned to the correct cage only when the player lands on the brown animal space outside the cage." To me that meant an exact count. Let's say you need a 2 and roll a six. This can work because we would pace back and forth in front of the gate until you reach the number. But if you need a 2 and you keep rolling an odd number you are never going to get in. This is what we are calling "being stubborn." Which was sort of fun, but it made the game last a long time. So, we modified it a bit. The second time we played I made the rule that you didn't need the exact number to return the animal to its cage. The game went much faster.

All in all, a great game, lots of fun and action with bonus educational activities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all, December 13, 2011
This review is from: Zoo Panic (Toy)
Our girls love to play games. When we want to spend some quality family time together, we either pull out a book or a board game. Zoo Panic is one of our current favorites on family game night. With a quick and easy set up, and simple rules, we're ready to play within minutes. Once it is set up, the game itself takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Easy to play, but competitive enough to be fun. No one in our family finds an excuse not to play this game when it comes out. We truly enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great First Board Game!, November 5, 2011
This review is from: Zoo Panic (Toy)
My god -daughter is only 4 years old. My boys are teenagers an avid video game players. They refuse to allow her to play any of their games. So a few weeks ago I received Zoo Panic. When she came for the weekend I pulled it out and she and I played for a whole hour. It is such a great game. No reading s required but surprisingly it makes you think on your own level. We had so much fun playing the game, my teens ending up joining in. Once the weekend was over my plan was to pack the game so she could take it home. That is until my teens told me that was a "house game and she could play it at our house only. I couldn't believe a board game was able to get my teens away from video games, but it did. The pieces are colorful and perfect for little hands. A must buy for young kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for Preschoolers!, November 8, 2011
This review is from: Zoo Panic (Toy)
With no reading required this is a great game for preschoolers. It helps re-enforce math , strategy and matching skills. Both my kids (9 & 11) enjoyed playing this game even though it was for a younger audience. Perfect game for family game night.

*I received a zoopanic game for review, however this is my own opinion.*

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for kids, boring for parent, February 6, 2014
This review is from: Zoo Panic (Toy)
My kids love is game but I find it a bit tedious. Simple concept though and if they're happy it's done the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoo Panic is great fun for everyone!, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Zoo Panic (Toy)
I got a Zoo Panic game for my youngest kids, ages 4 and 7. We ended up all getting into the fun of playing together, even my pre-teen who at first said this looked like "a toddler game." You should've seen her laughing and collecting trophies with the rest of them. The little zoo keepers are cute, and there's just enough strategy involved to keep everyone thinking at their own level. The game is colorful and easy to learn. You really can't go wrong with Zoo Panic! Now that we've played it together, my kids take it out on their own and play together.

Zoo Panic