Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 8, 2015
During the end of the Cold War I was stationed in "at that time, it was called" West Germany, and during a 4th of July celebration, they brought in Donna Summer to perform for the GI's at a U.S.AIR BASE, needless to say she captivated our hearts, there was a drawing for back-stage passes and I was a very lucky GI, I got to meet her "in person", I was hooked...captivated by this lovely young lady, I will always be a devoted fan of hers until I draw my last breath. Unlike her "on stage" persona, She was quiet, warm and very sweet, maybe even a bit shy or nervous, BUT when they Announced Her on the Stage, LOOK OUT WORLD, DONNA'S GONNA KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This CD contains MOST OF HER TOP HITS, Too bad they couldn't have included some videos with it.
on December 12, 2001
This is a nice little collection of Donna's videos but its not much more than that. The tape only includes videos from as far back as 1980 and the concert footage was lifted from the 'Hot Summer nights' video and to be honest I dont think that footage shows Donna at her best (I guess she must have been a bit exhausted from performing). For this to be a great collection of Donna's work it should have featured some of her early rare promos and concert footage from the 70's when songs like 'Mcarthur Park' and 'Last Dance' were new hits instead of Donna just going back over her classic catalogue. But all that said I still enjoyed seeing all the videos that were on show, most of them I had never seen before and it was great to see the new 'Melody of Love' promo. I do hope there will be another Donna video out someday and that it will be the definitive collection that I have just outlined but in the meentime this one will have to do.
HALL OF FAMEon March 10, 2006
Endless Summer is a chronological collection of Donna's greatest hits from the middle 1970s (Love To Love You Baby) through the late 1980s (This Time I Know It's For Real).

It offers the best of her dance classics like I Feel Love, MacArthur Park, Hot Stuff, Bad Girls; the best of her ballads such as Dim All The Lights and On The Radio; plus great pop songs from the decade of the 1980s when she worked with a variety of producers.

My favourites amongst her post-disco work include the majestic State Of Independence and This Time I Know It's For Real. This collection proves that Donna could do it all - her mastery of various styles is complete and her talent has stood the test of time.

Five stars for this great album by a singer who was once the Queen of Disco but has proved herself a consummate vocalist and a true original long after the disco lights had faded.
on May 18, 2011
What is there to say about Donna Summer that others haven't said already. She is the Queen of Disco and although times have changed since she first started releasing music in the late '70's her music is as timeless now as it was then. If your ever going to own a Donna Summer CD this is it. Every single hit this woman has garnered in her steller career is here from "Last Dance" to "She Works Hard For The Money". 18 tracks are included, but to me the greatest song here is the finale, "Any Way At All". It's a ballad and one of the best songs Donna has ever recorded and is a great way to end this outstanding record. This belongs in everyone's CD collection!
on January 27, 2000
Finally we have a great bunch of Donna Summer clips available on video! The video starts off with a medley of several big hits of her "Bad Girls" album. Sadly enough the medley shows only a collection a pictures and luckily ends with the real "Last Dance" scene from "Thank God It's Friday". Remembering hot performances of Donna during her "Bad Girls" tour, shots of that concert would fit better than this picture collection. But ok, there are some real hot clips left. Highlights are "She Works Hard For The Money", "Dinner With Gershwin", "Love's About To Change My Heart" and the video of "Melody Of Love" . Why the last one is never played on MTV or so... that's her biggest mystery! The videoclip is really stirring! Sadly enough they used parts of the "Hot Summer Night" concert (also on video) for the tracks "MacAthur Park", "On The Radio" and again "Last Dance". Where are those orginal performances? A missed chance to make this compilation far better.
on January 27, 2009
I bought this same exact video under the title of Donna Summer's hits several years before this latest retrospective. The only thing that changed here was the intertitles between the songs. Still, this is the most complete of the videos of her former career. Hopefully, her next effort in a greatest hits package will be more inclusive than her last greatest hits package.
I love the woman's voice, and her work, but every other album from her has been a retrospective from her first three albums.
on December 7, 2014
I love Donna Summer's voice. This is a great collection of her best songs. I just wish it would have gone on and on with more songs with that incredible voice that she had.
on August 12, 2015
Great collection of classic songs!
on December 31, 1999
This is a must have collection for any Donna Summer fan. These video's showcase Ms. Summer's talent from the 70's thru the early 90's. Love that Melody of Love video...
on October 9, 2015