5.0 out of 5 stars Works well to achieve relief in painful areas
I got this item when it was a gold box deal. I was hesitant about this item and did not know what to expect. I have been using it every day since I received it and so far so good. You have to learn to use it in your context. Meaning, you will find what works for you in terms of intensity placement of pads and time usage.

This device does not relief pain...
Published on November 4, 2011 by Sharon

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Durable
It worked for one week and then stopped. Is was not faulty batteries, I don't know what the problem is. Maybe it was just a lemon....
Published 14 months ago by Carole West

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well to achieve relief in painful areas, November 4, 2011
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)

This device does not relief pain completely, it sure helps to give you some measurable level of relief. I think I would recommend this to any person who has tried many things and will be satisfied with anything that would help, even if not 100 percent. Since I have been using this device I have felt better and have been able to experience less pain, which in turn translates into more ability to move, which makes muscles stronger to be able to make exercises that promote healing.

I do not recommend using the belt since I don't think it gives you as much relief as the pads. I have found the pads to achieve better results in less time. The down side is that you have to buy pads again once the stickiness wears off.

I went to a doctor and got the same level of treatment using a tens machine and it was about 80 dollars for the session. With this I get to use it for way less and use it as much as I want to.

The batteries last a decent amount of time.

Again, I would definitely recommend it to anyone experiencing high discomfort. The machine will really make your day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the AuraWave, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)
My wife and I ordered this product, having had good experiences with pain relief from a TENS machine before, but needing a new one since our last TENS broke. The AuraWave actually blows away the last TENS we owned and a whole lot more.

I have suffered shoulder, back and knee pains for years, and my wife has suffered a bunch of similar pains and aches, in part from Rheumatoid Arthritis. We recently pushed our bodies ot the edge after a weeklong effort to do a bunch of home repairs. My back was so bad I could hardly move or stand. Thanks to placing the Aurawave in 4 different spots on my back and shoulder over an hour-plus period, my pain mostly disappeared. My wife also was MUCH better and happier and more mobile afetr using it on her back as well. In addtion, we have had occassion to use it on our knees to reduce pain from inflammations.

As a couple who believes strongly in natural healing, two HUGE thumbs up for Aurawave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well For My Needs - Highly Recommended!, November 2, 2011
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)
This "Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave" TENS machine works well for relieving muscle pain in my neck and lower back. I was skeptical about the effectiveness of TENS before having to go to physical therapy for a neck injury where a similar device was used to help speed my recovery. Since it worked so well for me in physical therapy, I decided to give this unit a try when it came up for sale on an Amazon "Gold Box" sale for under 100 bucks.

The set comes with the main unit (including three AAA batteries), two large pads, two small pads, an adjustable belt (more on this later), a carry pouch, and an instructional DVD. Unless you have experience with these types of devices, I strongly recommend watching the DVD instructions to be sure you are using the device correctly and safely.

Using the device requires placing two of the pads on either side of the target muscle group, connecting the leads to the pads, and then selecting an operating mode and intensity on the device. The included belt can be used to hole the two larger pads in place on the lower back, but it isn't required since the pads are "gummy" and stick well to the skin on their own. This is a good thing since the belt is too small for my 48" waist.

There are ten operating modes, including six manual and four automatic settings. It might take some experimentation to find the right mode (frequency and timing of pulses) and intensity settings to address your specific problem areas. Repeated daily use is recommended in the instruction to provide long term relief and that does seem to be the case with my chronic neck problem.

This really works and was worth the investment to me.

Highly Recommended!

CFH

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying it, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)
I have used a unit similar to this one that was more expensive and was not sure what to expect from this one. We have been using it and really enjoying it. The larger pads for the back are great! I do use the strap/band for them when I apply the pads by myself and it makes it a lot easier and even though I am significantly overweight it fits easily around my body. I was concerned that the pulse generated would not be as strong as the one that I had tried at my parents, but this works just as well. We do make sure we wet the surface of the pad with a bit of water before applying it to the skin though. About 5 or 6 is as strong as I can go before I start wincing. We have used the batteries for about 5 or 6 hours and have not noticed a decrease in the effectiveness after that amount of time. We did get a decent brand name of batteries though. I am considering getting some rechargeable ones though to hopefully save money and time running to the store. The quality is pretty good. It actually is bigger and feels less flimsy than the more expensive one that my parents have. Now, after saying all that, it feels so good that we are considering investing in one of the bigger units that have 8 pads that can be used at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonders on muscular pain, February 21, 2013
Draga Paris (No. Virginia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)
I have had my Aurawave Tens unit since last summer. It really does work, relieving muscular pain. I was getting physical therapy and even the PT noticed it was helping. The back belt attaches to the body to allow you to move around and still get relief. It's very safe-the unit will not work if both electrodes are not attached. There are several different cycles that can be programmed manually or automatically.

I bought it on a special Internet deal, but was hoping to buy replacement pads through Amazon.

-Just remember to turn off the unit after it runs it's cycle; it will automatically shut down but it continues to drain the battery unless you switch it off. If you remember to do this each time, your batteries (3 AAA) will last a long time.

I love mine; I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used almost daily, July 7, 2012
Peggy Smith (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)
I really love this simple little device. I use it on my back, my shoulders, ankles and even my feet. To me it's better than a massage, since I control the level of intensity. It took me several times to get the settings right for me (which are different for different body parts), but now I know just where to set the intensity and where to place the pads. I have been using it for almost a year and haven't broken into the replacement pads yet. These are not miracle workers by no means, but for sore or tired muscles they do bring relaxation and relief. If I had any word of precaution, it's to be very careful when you want to turn it off, for a number of times I have turned it up instead of off - the setting seems backwards for my instincts (but that is probably just me). When I do that, I usually give a yelp of pain and jump straight up in the air, because it's surprising and rather uncomfortable. So do be careful! Other than that, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy the relief you get from using the aurawave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Pleased, May 29, 2012
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)
I saw this product on The Doctors tv show and did the research, then ordered it. It has made a world of difference in my life. I carry tension in my shoulders which sets off the muscles in the back of my head which then causes vertigo. The use of the aurawave has totally stopped the tension buildup and I have not even had a headache since I started using it.

Accupuncture had not helped, chiropractic adjustments helped some, massage helped alot but not as much as this machine. It's easy to use; you can set your own intensity and length of time. I don't know how I lived without this now that I've found it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Therapeutics Unit, October 22, 2011
Gadgetman (Saratoga, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)
11/12/2011 update : have been using this unit for a few weeks and really like it. It achieves the same effects as the expensive machine at the Chiropractor's office except that it costs a lot less. The pad's adhesiveness remains pretty strong even after many uses. It works well for back pain as well. I would prefer to just stick the pads directly to the back instead of using the garment belt as it is a bit difficult to position the pads with the belt.

This is a well built therapeutics unit which produces similar effects and experience as those I have tried in the chiropractic offices. It is pretty easy to set up with the quick start DVD. The adhesive electrode pads are of good quality which stick very well to the skin. The unit has 6 manual modes, 4 automatic modes with 10 level of intensity. I tried a variety of these modes and did not notice huge differences amongst them. What amazes me is that it produces very strong and noticeable pulses even at the lower intensity settings. The unit is quite portable and you could carry it around while it is being used.

The important question is whether this unit does relief pain. I tried this unit after doing some strenuous exercises. It did produce a relaxing sensation similar to a electric massager. However, I would say it only produces temporary pain relief and it should not be used as a replacement for other physical therapy measures such as stretches and exercises. The instructional booklet did mention that it would need continuous use over several months for noticeable effects on existing conditions. So only time would tell.

Overall, I am quite pleased with this unit and it help saves a few trips to the chiropractic offices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, August 9, 2012
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)
The item works, and the e-stimulation feels great. Look at description carefully, I thought that you could use 4 channels when I ordered it, but it comes with 4 pads, 2 small and 2 large. But only 2 can be used at one time. For the money, I think that it is good, but the cords are flimsy and do not look like they will hold up for any length of time. I gave it 4 stars for the quality of the stimulation compared to the price. Another way of looking at it might be 2 stars for construction quality. There might be better options for the money, but this one works.

4.0 out of 5 stars It really helps with Pain!, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave (Health and Beauty)
This TENS machine does what I wanted it to do, it helps with the pain I have due to fibromyalgia! It is a powerful medical device. I have been using the Aurawave everyday for 2 weeks now, a few times a day. It has 1-10 levels of strength and at first I could only get to 4 before the sensation was too much for me to handle. Keep in mind though my pain condition makes things hurt 100x worse. My husband can go full strength on this machine and there is no pain, just a powerful display of his very nice mussels working to the rhythm the TENS machine is set to at the time. After a few days I was able to get myself up to level 6 and that is where I stay for 30 minutes at a time with the pads on certain areas of my body.

This machine has helped with arm and wrist pain, hip and back pain, and also leg pain. It blocks the pain signal and brings blood circulation to the area. This helps with healing as well.

The aurowave is easy to use and comes with CD that helps explain how to use it. It takes 3 AAA Batteries and in my estimation my first set of batteries that the machine came with lasted about 20 hours of use.

The reason for only being 4 stars is because the machine itself is made of what feels like cheap plastic. I am worried it will get damaged or break at some point. The other reason for 4 stars is because after 2 weeks of use I already need to replace the pads and with shipping this is costing $25. Keep in mind, I used this machine heavily. I don't think the pads should just fall off though after just two weeks. If the machine did not bring such relief though I would rate this lower. The fact is, it works and is worth replacing the pads however often I need to. It is just something to be aware of!

Would I recommend this product to someone with pain? Absolutely! Strong Pain medications don't help my pain, this machine does!

Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave
Endurance Therapeutics Aurawave by Endurance Therapeutics
$149.99 $99.99
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.