5.0 out of 5 stars Nooooooooooooo! It ended too soon!
After a small hiccup with the book I bought, which the author graciously corrected for me, I just finished reading it.

I must say I enjoyed it just as much as the first book of the series. In my opinion, too many sequels simply continuing the story without anything really new, as odd as that may sound.

But this one, while continuing the story,...
Published on October 25, 2012 by James

3.0 out of 5 stars Contractions? What are those?
I enjoyed the first book, 2012: Lunar Contact but had the same gripe about that one- I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single contraction used in conversations or inner thoughts. People don't talk this way- Vulcans do. It was quite difficult for me to read the first book because of that- but about halfway through I was able to ignore it so to speak, but it was ridiculously...
Published on November 9, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Nooooooooooooo! It ended too soon!, October 25, 2012
James (Southeast USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

But this one, while continuing the story, introduces new ideas, aliens and some "gee-whiz technology" which, again in my opinion, is what makes a sequel interesting and worth reading. I was so caught up in the story that the conclusion of the book was like running full speed into a brick wall. I wanted more, darn it!

The only thing that disappointed me is that I really, really wanted someone to backhand Sasha across the room. (Sigh) Maybe in book 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are just great books, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
These are fun reads and they move very fast. There is just enough plot development and the characters are believable. I like the science, there are no major plot holes, and it all works out very well in the end. Really, there a lot of fun. I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope this is not the end., July 9, 2013
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I read all 3 books in amatter of a week and a half. This series was off very well written. It kept you turning page after page. I really hope this was not the end of the series. The way he ended this book it can go either way.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast paced and very exciting, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
As the Lunar Contact this book is something you do not want to put down. Easy to read and leave you wanting more all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
It's not going to win the Nebula Award, but very well written and entertaining. Enjoyed this and the first book, looking forward to the third installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Series Continued, March 28, 2013
AJW (Conway, NH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
With a series book such as this, of course if you are reading it, you liked and were caught up in the story and characters and wanted to follow to see what happened next. This book was as good as the others in the series and I enjoyed the read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Want more, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Was happy with the story so far but it seemed very short. Will look forward to the next novel when it comes out.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, March 9, 2013
Teresa (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I truly enjoyed this book. it had everything it should have a good story line and interesting people. I will be looking for more from this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple plot lines, lots of conflict - fun "throwaway" reading., March 5, 2013
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Actually, this is the second in the series - 2012 Lundar Contact is the "prequel". The plot is simple and unrealistic - "smartest in the room" brave humans walk in and take over an alien spaceship world, and start a war with the owners to prevent them from finding Earth. Simple twists like a "neural net" to rationalize how the humans can overcome the evil robotic aliens' advanced technologies. Book's strong point is the combat narrative, which is fun. For "throwaway" reading on an airplane flight, this is excellent. Not competitive with Asimov or Herbert for plot lines, but keeps you busy, and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Continuation, February 26, 2013
Lee Wilson (Redwood City, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enemy Contact (Contact Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Once again, JD Clarke has written an interesting space opera adventure that kept the pages turning. The main characters are really in it deep by the end of this book, having decided to take on a galactic empire pretty much by themselves. I'm enjoying how people act like people in this series as well. Some truly are good people, some are irredeemably selfish (and usually end up getting themselves killed), and most are in between. Very few of them see the "big" picture and they feel like they're just trying to live their lives the best they can...which is of course impossible because they're now being hunted by the machines of a galactic empire. I'm looking forward to seeing how all this turns out - there's a few clues already as to how things could go, but the author doesn't always do the obvious thing, so I'm hesitant to say I know anything of what's coming. And that's what makes a book worth reading :)

What's most interesting to me, however, is where the author is headed with respect to dialogue between machine intelligence and organics. These are not Cylons - they truly don't understand human behavior most of the time...nor do they care. They act like computers in that their thought patterns really are kind of alien. Easy to predict in many ways, but surprising in others. I'm fascinated to see how the plotline with Sybil and the attempts to actually create a lasting peace through understanding by the main character will go. In most books, I would think that it's obvious and will lead to the happy ending. In this series, I'm really not sure. I'm definitely kept guessing.

Keep up the good work, JD, and I'm looking forward to book 3.