4.0 out of 5 stars An Inside Story
I approached the book with enthusiasm, there has been a good deal written about introverts lately and, it is "in" to be "in"!

Published on August 24, 2012 by Anna

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible.
Waste of three dollars. Don't waste your time or money. This book isn't even as long as it says it is.
Published on June 10, 2012 by Pen Name

4.0 out of 5 stars An Inside Story, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Energized: An Introvert's Guide to Effective Communication (Kindle Edition)

With anticipation, I completed the Questionnaire - mere administration (so I thought), I certainly have the credentials for this club! Unfortunately, the results were not quite what I expected. In the "fine print" it seems, I am not at the cool end of the introvert spectrum. I was disappointed! However, on introspection it made sense, I was ready for the "Self Help".

It is at this point that the book takes a pleasant change of tactics. It becomes a story! The protagonist reflects "Being an introvert sucks sometimes. It's draining, and there's a constant pressure to work in a way that doesn't fit with the way you think and feel". All introverts struggle with this and thankfully it is not the core message of this book.

Personally I believe, as an introvert you become isolated, not because you have some strange social disorder, but rather it is easier than dealing with the pain of socialising. The book highlights that it is crucial for introverts to distinguish between "isolation" and "time out". The author covers this issue with compassion and understanding of someone who has experienced it and overcome it.

I believe it is only through establishing an effective communication strategy that introverts can be liberated, succeed and shine in their chosen area of expertise. This is difficult in isolation, and the book provides comprehensive strategies, techniques and advice, which can be used, modified or simply ignored! Depending on the need.

I recommend this book if you are an introvert struggling with structure and discipline; as a result of being overwhelmed with how to communicate in a world where it is important to take the stage.

I enjoyed reading this book, and as a reference text, it is sure to make a difference in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and interesting read, March 15, 2012
Well written with amusing parts that make the book flow. I recommend it to anyone, even if you aren't so introverted, to help your communication skills!

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting book, November 23, 2012
it contains a lot of practical tips how to communicate with introverts and extraverts at your work
i highly recommend it