5.0 out of 5 stars These are worth the money
Published on August 11, 2012 by HereInCA

last september my hard-wired, 110v smoke detector started beeping about once a day. i bought this exact battery and installed it. now, just under 5 months later, it seems to be dead again.

i'm not sure what the current draw is on a backup battery, but would think it's pretty low.

i'm disappointed.
Published 6 months ago by docflash

5.0 out of 5 stars These are worth the money, August 11, 2012
These batteries are a tight fit for some uses, but they were intended to be used in smoke detectors where they fit just fine. The expiration date is not a fixed "drop dead" date for those of you that complained about an 8 year expiration. Also, these are not made or intended to be recharged as one person complained they only got two recharges out of them - and last, to the tech guy who tried to solder the contacts - then complained the contact plate was plastic - what did you have in mind: metal? The contacts are soldered from the bottom - you probabaly unsoldered them when you soldered your wires to them. Gold clips would have worked just as well for any audio application. I am puzzled that a person would give 4 stars because of the perception that the battery lasts longer.

I've used these in smoke detectors that wore alkaline batteries out in a year and these lasted 12 years. I have 10 smoke detectors and they all have these batteries. I'm buying more now to prevent a worn out battery from failing when I need it - but i think 12 years was very fair for the price. People - don't ruin it for others with negative reviews because the battery didn't work as it was never intended. I might have passed on these if I hadn't already used them - because of what some of you wrote. Be fair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understand the life issue, March 5, 2014
I posted this on another packaging, but there seems to be a lack of understanding on battery life.
The shelf life of this battery is rated at 10 years. The shelf life of a standard alkaline is rated at 5 years. So it's twice a long lived if you don't draw any current.
The mah capacity of this device (at low current drain) is 750. For the alkaline, 600. So it lasts just a little longer in use.

There are 2 types of smoke detectors. One is wired into the house, and only uses the battery for backup when the power is off. For this application, the lithium should last about twice as long. Well worth the trouble of getting out a ladder.
The other kind of detector runs off of the battery. This is the detector you added to a room without doing any wiring. For this case, you might as well use a alkaline. It's going to last about the same.
This is a great battery for backup applications. Especially where hard to get to. Don't confuse loaded and unloaded life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits in the smoke alarm, March 11, 2012
Gary Standke (West Hills, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Others commented that the battery seemed too large to fit in some items. It fit into the 3 different smoke alarms we have in the house without difficulty. Still all working after 3 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery Life. Better Than Expected., December 16, 2010
These Energizer Advanced Lithium AA batteries are a wonder for my portable compact disc player and Wii remote. I'll put it to you this way. I have listened to 20 cds all the way through plus cds that I skipped around on and they still have juice (with anti-skip on). I put a fresh pair in my Wii remote and played Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the first time. I put in many many hours on the game even with the remote speaker on a lower volume (the way I like it). I beat the main quest while collecting over 90 stars and they were literally 2 hours away from making it it all the way through. I am happy to know that there are batteries like this nowadays that I can just put in to these devices and just forget about swapping for a long while.

Other pros: Lighter than alkalines (another plus for the Wii remote and certain other portable devices)
Better and Safer for the environment.

Cons: Some would say price, but thinking about it. I think it's justified. You don't have to swap out as much, carry as many around, they last about 3 or 4 times longer than alkalines (depending on device). And they are better for the environment.
I am going to stock up on these sometime for sure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted only 5 months as BACKUP battery in HARD-WIRED smoke detector, February 11, 2014

i'm disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great at low temperatures, February 9, 2013
I put these in some outdoor temperature sensors and they worked reliably down to -35 degrees C. They were still working 1 year later but I replaced them anyway just to be sure that they would not stop in the middle of the winter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Long-life Energizer Advanced Lithium - Not so much!, January 9, 2014
I rate these zero if that was an option.
This is the second batch of lithium batteries purchased for my smoke detectors. These are supposedly designed to work for many years (as required by my city). I almost forgot to write a review. At more than $7 each, they should last a long time. But don't be fooled. Yesterday (1/8/2014) a fourth smoke detector battery failed. This particular one had been installed June 2012. The other failures have occurred during the past 3 months.
Based upon this short functional life (1 1/2 years), it's stupid to buy these instead of the regular alkaline type which cost significantly less.
These Energizer Lithium Batteries are definitely not worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE solution for smoke alarms, January 1, 2013
We changed our smoke alarm batteries 2x a year when the time changes. However, we had to replace one or two (but not all) of our smoke alarm batteries in between time changes and the alarm would start "chirping" at ridiculous times (e.g., 1 o'clock in the morning). Having one's sleep interrupted in the middle of the night, hunting down WHICH smoke alarm needed a new battery, locating a ladder, locating a 9-volt battery, and doing all this without my contacts in the middle of the night was starting to get a bit old. While these batteries, will, of course, also need to be changed at some point, at least the time in between these little midnight romps will be significantly longer! I'll post again if they don't last as long as expected.

My main gripe about these is that they are very slightly larger than the standard 9-volt batteries and even the standard 9-volts were a tight fit into our smoke alarms, so, these were even more difficult to squeeze in. But, with some patience and elbow grease these can be installed.

1.0 out of 5 stars They seem either old or used, December 17, 2012
I purchased these batteries to power my cordless headphones. They never worked. I figured there must be some issue with them being lithium or something. I finally tested them and they ranged from near dead to only 60% of power according to my ZTS Pulse Load battery tester. I imagine it's a fluke as the AA batteries I received in the same order were fine. Yours will probably be fine, too. I'd just suggest you test them quickly if you have a problem while you can still return them. I waited too long to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very long life battery, January 1, 2013
This Energizer LA522SBP 9V lithium battery works great for smoke detectors. It provides a very very long service life. After approximately 11 years, I finally had to replace the first 2 we bought with our smoke detectors. This is well worth the price for the battery and provides for a long term piece on mind.

Energizer Advanced Lithium Batteries, AA Size, 8-Count